QATAR

Sunset Riders (Genesis)
road rash 3 (Genesis)

Nintendo Network ID: Vampire
PSN: MAFIA
XBL: almarri
SNK - The Future is Now

ELI-ASH

So while looking for reviews for Phantasy Star I stumble upon something called "Sonics Ultimate Collection" Its got 48 games(the first 4 phantasy star games included) for the price of 1 wii points card! I got a 360 so finally that things not gonna gather dust. Anywho what game from the snes line up is the most fun??

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

SKTTR

lielie wrote:

Anywho what game from the snes line up is the most fun??

From what is available on VC these are my SNES favourites:

Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
Donkey Kong Country 1 2 3
Super Mario RPG
Kirby's Fun Pak
Super Street Fighter II
Super Mario Kart
ActRaiser
Mario's Super Picross
Sim City
F-Zero
Harvest Moon
Super Turrican 1 & 2
Zombies
The Legend of The Mystical Ninja

Others often come up recommending Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy II, Breath of Fire II, Ogre Battle, the R-Type games, Gradius III and Contra III.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Yasume

SKTTR wrote:

lielie wrote:

Anywho what game from the snes line up is the most fun??

From what is available on VC these are my SNES favourites:

Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
Donkey Kong Country 1 2 3
Super Mario RPG
Kirby's Fun Pak
Super Street Fighter II
Super Mario Kart
ActRaiser
Mario's Super Picross
Sim City
F-Zero
Harvest Moon
Super Turrican 1 & 2
Zombies
The Legend of The Mystical Ninja

Others often come up recommending Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy II, Breath of Fire II, Ogre Battle, the R-Type games, Gradius III and Contra III.

You are listing pretty much all the SNES games available on the service, but you are forgetting the best one:

DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure (900 points, Jap. import)

@lielie: If you like platformers, you can't go wrong with this one. A must have IMO.

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

ELI-ASH

I picked Super Mario World to spend my 800 wii points. I had bad experiences with platformers in the past but i manage to beat the first world rather easly i must be getting better or this game is just more user friendly.

Thanks Yasume anyways will definatly check out DoReMi the next time I get Wii points.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

I just got around to getting Super Mario Bros 1,2 and 3 they look nice being right next to each other, I have had 1 and 3 for awhile just got 2 this week forgot how good it is.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Gamesake

I'm thinking about playing Shining in the Darkness again. Where should I get it?
VC?
eBay?
STEAM?
If I get it for $8 on the VC I can play it with a wireless controller. The actual Genesis cartridge after shipping is still the same price, plus if I bought a hardcopy I'd get to keep my consumer rights--I wouldn't get to use a wireless controller though, and I'd have to drag my Sega CD out of my footlocker. My third option is Steampowered. If I download Genesis Classics 4, I'd have Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1&2, Landstalker, Gunstar Heroes, and Alien Soldier for $7.50. I'm not in love with my computer but a nice thing about STEAM is when I buy a better PC I'll still be able to play those games.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

ELI-ASH

Gamesake wrote:

I'm thinking about playing Shining in the Darkness again. Where should I get it?
VC?
eBay?
STEAM?
If I get it for $8 on the VC I can play it with a wireless controller. The actual Genesis cartridge after shipping is still the same price, plus if I bought a hardcopy I'd get to keep my consumer rights--I wouldn't get to use a wireless controller though, and I'd have to drag my Sega CD out of my footlocker. My third option is Steampowered. If I download Genesis Classics 4, I'd have Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1&2, Landstalker, Gunstar Heroes, and Alien Soldier for $7.50. I'm not in love with my computer but a nice thing about STEAM is when I buy a better PC I'll still be able to play those games.

If you got a ps3 or 360 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is the way to go its got over 40 games ,8 of which are rpgs(the one you mention included) and the best part just 20 bucks for a new copy

TTGlider

Gentlemen, this just in: Galaga 90 is sublime. Graphics? Dated but not archaic. Very bright and colorful. I love the rainbow of stars as you transition between stages. Difficulty? Just right, especially with the branching. Try and aim for 'perfects' in the bonus round! Your bullets can barely come fast enough so each shot matters. Plan! Replay? I cannot get enough of this game. Price? Can you really put a price tag on happiness? There's something so peaceful about this "fixed" shooter design. It is the perfect compliment to the other, more frantic, early bullet hell style shooters on the VC. Owning Galaga makes Blazing Lazers better and vice versa!

TTGlider

LuigiTheGreenFire

I have 700 points that I've had leftover for a long time, any recomendations?

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

CanisWolfred

lielie wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

VC?
eBay?
STEAM?

If you got a ps3 or 360 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is the way to go its got over 40 games ,8 of which are rpgs(the one you mention included) and the best part just 20 bucks for a new copy

It doesn't come with Landstalker, Alien Soldier, nor Gunstar Heroes. The Steam Deal Does, and they're honestly worth it, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cheetahman91

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

What games do you already have? What are your favorite and least favorite genres? I don't want to recommend stuff that you wouldn't like or already have.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

LuigiTheGreenFire

cheetahman91 wrote:

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

What games do you already have? What are your favorite and least favorite genres? I don't want to recommend stuff that you wouldn't like or already have.

Well I already have Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, I like platformers and adventure games.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

CanisWolfred

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

Well I already have Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, I like platformers and adventure games.

Dragon's Curse and Ufouria are my recommendations.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TTGlider

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

I'd say Super Mario Bros 2 [US]/NES or Bonk's Revenge/TG16.

TTGlider

Revanmann

I am about to purchase 1 or 2 virtual console games an i am not quite surewhat to get.
These are what i am contemplating and i want your guys' opinion on which one/s

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-I have NEVER played this before and i want to know what all of the fuss is about it.
Contra 3: The Alien Wars- I've kinda have wanted to try a Contra game before but alas....
The Legend of Zelda (1)- I Have played this before but not to much depth.
So Please.... let the opinions commence.....

Ps. Any other similar game sugestions would be welcomed. and to let you know i am only spending up to US $12

EDIT
I got Contra III: The Alien Wars, and it is INSANE!!!!!
but i will eventually get ocarina of time but i got contra for me and my dad and his brother to play.

Edited on by Revanmann

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Revanmann

the pages says i edited it 2 minutes after i posted it but i posted on 2 different threads 2 or 3 hours ago and they got locked so i came here
but a little late but guys,,.. tell me about Ocarina of Time and other games that you think would be fun

Edited on by Revanmann

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

cheetahman91

@LuigiTheGreenFire: I'd go for Uforia. I good mix of platforming and exploration.
@Mr.iwantwiipoints: Never played Ocarina of Time but based after how amazing a lot of people say it is, I'd say it'd be a good choice

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Splat

Ocarina of Time is hard to learn on VC because they explain everything like you are using a N64 controller, I know you can look up what everything does on a Classic Controller but it's a hassle.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic