Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,082

Kingbuilder

I ended up getting MUSHA, since the only other games that interested me were Lords/Gate of Thunder, Star Parodier, Axelay, and R-Type III. Sorry, guys. P:

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

I ended up getting MUSHA, since the only other games that interested me were Lords/Gate of Thunder, Star Parodier, Axelay, and R-Type III. Sorry, guys. P:

At least you went with a good one, I just hope you can stick with it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

vonseux wrote:

I regret getting Lords of Thunders so much

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but since that doesn't appear to be a rebuttle/follow-up to a recommendation, I suggest you go see the "VC Games You Got That You Regret" Thread, a couple lines down the page (or was it on the previous page? I'll have to check again).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chozo85

vonseux wrote:

Why? I'm very interested in getting this game but don't want to make the wrong decision.

Chozo85

CanisWolfred

vonseux wrote:

Chozo85 wrote:

vonseux wrote:

Why? I'm very interested in getting this game but don't want to make the wrong decision.

It is well crafted, I just didnt like the 'ships' design, settings, and the difficulty curve.. I can't get into the mood of the game.

I'll try to watch some playthroughs to decide.

There's multiple stages you can choose from, just play them in order of difficulty. What weapons you choose and how powered-up you are also plays a pretty big role in how difficult your experience will be.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jethro_floyd

Okay, I need some help.

I have 600 Wii Points. I was first planning on getting an NES game but I kind of want to expand my horizons so I want to try something from the Master System or the Turbografx-16.

Here's What I'm Considering

Sega Master System:

• Phantasy Star
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Turbografx-16:

• World Class Baseball
  • Neutopia
  • Military Madness

NES:

• Castlevania
  • Mega Man 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Metroid

jethro_floyd

Kingbuilder

Metroid is my favorite of the ones you listed. The only problem is that it doesn't have a map so you may want to print one out. It has great atmospere, awesome music, and a fairly good amount of unlockables, so I'd definitely recommend it. ;D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

jethro_floyd wrote:

Okay, I need some help.

I have 600 Wii Points. I was first planning on getting an NES game but I kind of want to expand my horizons so I want to try something from the Master System or the Turbografx-16.

Here's What I'm Considering

Sega Master System:

• Phantasy Star
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Turbografx-16:

• World Class Baseball
  • Neutopia
  • Military Madness

NES:

• Castlevania
  • Mega Man 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Metroid

Phantasy Star is great if you love Console RPGs and want to see where they all started. Hell, it still has some fairly unique themes and gameplay mechanics that make it stand out to this day, but it's also fairly shallow and straight-forward compared to modern RPGs.

Neutopia is great if you like Old School Zelda and want a new experience based on it.

Castlevania is great if you want a fun and challenging but fair action-platformer with some good tunes. It's very sluggish, though, and it'll take a lot of getting used to.

Mega Man 3 is great if you want a fun and challenging action-platformer with some good tunes and fluid controls. It can be a bit cheap at times, though, mostly with enemies that act or appear unexpectedly.

Tecmo Bowl is also a lot of fun, especially if you have someone to play it with. It is very simplistic and you might get bored with it quick if you have to play it with the honestly lackluster AI, but at least it's fun while it lasts.

Metroid is a classic action-adventure-platformer that can be very entertaining if you can get into it, but that's easier said than done. It's certainly a hardcore game - no maps, no hints, samey corridors that basically require you not only draw a map but use other personal navigation/memoriation tools in order to keep from getting lost (trust me, you will get lost, even with a map), and when you die, you start out with low health. This game is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Alex Kidd I can't recommend not only because it's bloody hard, but the rock-paper-scissors game during every boss fight is downright unfair.

Military Madness I also can't recommend since it's like Advance Wars minus the flair, charm, and ingenuity.

Never played the baseball one, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

My current considerations are: more Sonic! I basically want to sell my Sonic cartridges and get all my Sonic games on the Wii.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Gamesake

@jethro_floyd I'm not the biggest fan of 8 bit games, but If you're a fan of Tecmo Bowl on the NES, the Arcade version of Tecmo Bowl is available for 600 Wii points.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

jethro_floyd

Thanks guys, I'm still on the fence though. I might just hold the points until I get another card, but ah, I don't know. I know Metroid is great, but I'm not crazy about games that are harder than they need to be. i.e. Zelda II. Tecmo Bowl is fun, but I like longevity and I really want to give something from the TG-16 a shot. If only I had enough points for Rondo of Blood.

jethro_floyd

ToastyYogurt

Hey, I was one of the winners of the Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary contest (the one where the prize was a free VC NES game). The problem is, I don't know what to get? What are some of the best NES games on VC? I was thinking about getting SMB 3, but I'm thinking about getting the Super Mario All Stars Wii collection when it comes out. So the question is, what are the best NES VC games to get, and should I get SMB 3 even if I'm getting the SMAS collection? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Tasuki

Destroyer360 wrote:

Hey, I was one of the winners of the Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary contest (the one where the prize was a free VC NES game). The problem is, I don't know what to get? What are some of the best NES games on VC? I was thinking about getting SMB 3, but I'm thinking about getting the Super Mario All Stars Wii collection when it comes out. So the question is, what are the best NES VC games to get, and should I get SMB 3 even if I'm getting the SMAS collection? Thanks in advance.

Congrats on winning =D

Personally if it was me I would wait for the SMA collection but if you are one of those people that need both versions than go for it. Right now I have all three Mario games on the VC but I am going to delete them as soon as I get the SMA collection. There are several good games out there right now, but for me to make a suggestion I would need to know what type of games you like and what ones you have if any.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ToastyYogurt

Tasuki wrote:

Destroyer360 wrote:

Congrats on winning =D

Personally if it was me I would wait for the SMA collection but if you are one of those people that need both versions than go for it. Right now I have all three Mario games on the VC but I am going to delete them as soon as I get the SMA collection. There are several good games out there right now, but for me to make a suggestion I would need to know what type of games you like and what ones you have if any.

Thanks
Sorry, I forgot to put that stuff in...
I only have 2 NES games on VC: Super Mario Bros. and Kirby's Adventure. I guess that means I like platformers lol. I'm not sure about everything I like, but I'm certain I like platformers. I enjoy racing games and some RPGs too.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

ToastyYogurt

Then again, I'm not sure if I like 8-bit racing games, so probably not those.

I'm pretty okay.

Tasuki

Ok some of the games I recommend are......

Any of the 4 Megaman games they are great platformer games. Probably if I had to chose 1 it would be Megaman 3

Final Fantasy (a classic RPG)

Star Tropics

Ninja Gaiden 1 or 2 (But be warned those are some very hard game)

You also cant go wrong on either of the Zelda games.

Hope that helps.

My Backlog

ToastyYogurt

Tasuki wrote:

Any of the 4 Megaman games they are great platformer games. Probably if I had to chose 1 it would be Megaman 3

Star Tropics

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with Mega Man 1 because you know what they say, begin at the beginning lol.

I'm pretty okay.

Tasuki

Destroyer360 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Star Tropics

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with Mega Man 1 because you know what they say, begin at the beginning lol.

A good choice If you need help with it you can pop over to this thread and we will be happy to help.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/the_meg...

My Backlog

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Ok, if Mario Party 2 comes out for Christmas, I'm getting it and the Yard Sale game. That'll leave me with 500 points to spare.

MY OPTIONS
Mega Man- little interest in the series
Kid Icarus- I've been told it's very hard
Metroid- maybe
Sonic SMS- for nostalgia
Ice Climber- little interest

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic