Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,082

MegaStoneSmash91

Almost every storyline in Mario is "Go save the princess", but the story isn't too important there. The Zelda series does plenty of that too, but each game supposedly has a different Link and takes place within a different time period. I guess the story is pretty individualized for each game, but it is the same basic thing.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

Yes and no. The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: the Adventure of Link is a continuous story. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past and Links Awakening are seperate from the first two games but they are a continuous story on their own. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are a different story line but they are continuous. I am not sure where Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Season Oracle of ages/Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, or Phantom Hourglass fit in all of that, since I have never played any of those.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SKTTR

Wind Waker takes place after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
It's kinda like a trilogy.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

What's the best introduction to Mega Man and Metroid? I'm considering getting a points card so I can get ExciteBike, Mega Man, Metroid, and Kid Icarus.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Kid Icarus, Mega Man, and Super Metroid, then.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

What's the best introduction to Mega Man and Metroid? I'm considering getting a points card so I can get ExciteBike, Mega Man, Metroid, and Kid Icarus.

Mega Man 2 and Metroid 1 since you can't afford Super Metroid if you only get 1 card...unless they make cards with more than 2000 points now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Mega Man 2 and Metroid 1 since you can't afford Super Metroid if you only get 1 card...unless they make cards with more than 2000 points now.

I second that. Mega Man 2 is really where you want to start the series. The difficulty isn't too bad (especially on normal difficulty) and it has a rockin' soundtrack. It's such a good game!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Thanks.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I've just decided that I'll wait til Kid Icarus 3DS comes out, since I'd rather have something more modern. I won't get Mega Man, since I already have the remarkably similar (and more awesome) Darkwing Duck. I won't get Excite Bike, since I already have the remake.

Concerning Metroid, I'm still undecided. Also, I'm unsure whether I'll get Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, since they don't have motion controls.

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

I've just decided that I'll wait til Kid Icarus 3DS comes out, since I'd rather have something more modern. I won't get Mega Man, since I already have the remarkably similar (and more awesome) Darkwing Duck. I won't get Excite Bike, since I already have the remake.

Concerning Metroid, I'm still undecided. Also, I'm unsure whether I'll get Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, since they don't have motion controls.

How do you know that Darkwing Duck is more awesome if you've yet to play a Mega Man game?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adamant

StarFox wrote:

What's the best introduction to Mega Man and Metroid?

Metroid 1 and Mega Man 1, of course. The beginning is always the best introduction.

Also, Mega Man is far more awesome than Darkwing Duck.

Edited on by Adamant

Adamant

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I owned the MM Anniversary Collection for awhile. It failed to hold my interest. I'm just wondering whether to give it another chance.

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

I owned the MM Anniversary Collection for awhile. It failed to hold my interest. I'm just wondering whether to give it another chance.

I don't see why not. Only $5, and there's not really much else you seem to be particulary interested in. Who knows, perhaps you'll like it more this time and have a new series to get into? If not, you won't have to worry about playing it again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Majora

Adamant wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Metroid 1 and Mega Man 1, of course. The beginning is always the best introduction.

Objection: pick up Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid first. The worst games in a saga are always the best introduction for hate them.

My recommendation in this post: Dynamite Headdy. Pure innovative platform love!

Edited on by Majora

Majora

MegaStoneSmash91

Majora wrote:

Adamant wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Objection: pick up Mega Man 2 and Super Metroid first. The worst games in a saga are always the best introduction for hate them.

My recommendation in this post: Dynamite Headdy. Pure innovative platform love!

Are you saying that the first Mega Man game is the worst? No, not at all! It may be a little more difficult than the other titles and has less polish, but it is not the worst. In fact, "worst" is a word I wouldn't desribe any of the Mega Man games with. Yeah, you can throw out complaints about 6 and 7 too, but those were also good games.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Adamant

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

In fact, "worst" is a word I wouldn't desribe any of the Mega Man games with.

MMX6. Ow.

Adamant

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I'll get Metroid, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, and Ice Climbers

Excite Bike doesn't look all that great compared to the remake.

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

I'll get Metroid, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, and Ice Climbers

Excite Bike doesn't look all that great compared to the remake.

Good man. Yeah, Excite Bike is pretty pointless if you already have the remake. It doesn't do enough different to differentiate it, and what it does do, the remake does better.

Just a warning, though: All 4 of those games are patience-testers. I hope you got insurance, because that controller is almost guaranteed to go through the wall.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic