Forums

Topic: Example of what is wrong with the VC

Posts 101 to 120 of 148

Chrono_Cross

WiiAboutU wrote:

I thought the point of the VC was that you wouldn't have the need to search for the physical copies and consoles. Which clutters more space and eventually break or get too old to play. And also the obvious advantage of the suspend point.

Nintendo never promised that. Actually it's obvious you didn't fully understand the last few previous posts: VC isn't that profitable anymore. Which means Nintendo isn't going to waste their time with it especially when they can be working on new IPs that'll ring in more cash than VC ever will.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

WiiAboutU

I still find it hard to believe there's nothing currently in the catalog that interests you.

[/quote] There is, but I already own most of them.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

cheetahman91

I think the Wii VC's doing alright. We've gotten several big titles like Final Fantasy VI and Mega Man X and there's probably more on the way. The only problem I have is how a couple of consoles are neglected, namely the Commodore 64 and Arcade. The C64 hasn't seen a release in ages and the Arcade's selection is pathetic, especially compared to Japan's (although that can be mainly blamed on Namco for not releasing anything on there in NA and Europe besides those first games). Then there's the Neo-Geo which main problem is the fact that most of the games on there are already on compilations (they also have the problem of having a better selection of games in Japan).

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

WiiAboutU

No, I understood quite clear @Kid_Crono. But you must be confused, because in your previous post you said they weren't being greedy. And now your contradicting yourself. Just about @Mickeymac.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

Retro_on_theGo

WiiAboutU wrote:

No, I unsderstood quite clear @Kid_Crono. But you must be confused, because in your previous post you said they weren't being greedy. And now your contradicting yourself.

He didn't say they were being greedy in his last post. He simply said they won't support VC when they can make new IP's that will make more money the VC ever could. That's not being greedy. That's just Nintendo trying to make money so they won't go out of business.

Chrono_Cross

WiiAboutU wrote:

No, I unsderstood quite clear Kid_Crono. But you must be confused, because in your previous post you said they weren't being greedy. And now your contradicting yourself.

Obviously you haven't because if you would have read my post correctly I never said Nintendo was greedy. I said people who complain about VC and want more games every friggen' week, are greedy. Like you. There's more than enough on the service to download from any genre of any quality. Go nuts

Just for you.

WiiAboutU

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

No, I unsderstood quite clear @Kid_Crono. But you must be confused, because in your previous post you said they weren't being greedy. And now your contradicting yourself.

He didn't say they were being greedy in his last post. He simply said they won't support VC when they can make new IP's that will make more money the VC ever could. That's not being greedy. That's just Nintendo trying to make money so they won't go out of business.

Nintendo is making plenty of money. I don't see how I'm being greedy Kid_Crono? It's not like I'm not paying for them. Like you said I'm willing to pay more for them than they're worth.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

zezhyrule

yeah yeah blah blah we all know nintendo's online stores are fail, you don't have to go on about it all the time :3

/me hugs Sony

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Meta-Rift

WiiAboutU wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Nintendo is making plenty of money.

But VC isn't. The Virtual Console doesn't make enough money to be supported by its own profits. "Greed" isn't a factor here. If a company's primary goal isn't to make money, the company will disappear.

Meta-Rift

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

Well @SKTTR, this is the "Example of what is wrong with the VC" thread. Not the "Defend your favorite shi**y shooter" thread. lol

I'm not defending anything. I'm just saying how it is. Super EDF is not my favourite shooter, but the favourite of a girl I know. She's nostalgic about this game because she played it back in 1993 when it was new and awesome. Hope you are able to understand now: A filler-game for you is the best-VC-week-ever for someone else on the planet.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Meta-Rift

WiiAboutU wrote:

Well @SKTTR, this is the "Example of what is wrong with the VC" thread. Not the "Defend your favorite shi**y shooter" thread. lol

Is this really the same guy who wants them to add Superman 64?

Meta-Rift

Chrono_Cross

This topic went from reasonable to complete and utter crap.

Just for you.

SKTTR

Rift wrote:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Is this really the same guy who wants them to add Superman 64?

Hahah yeah.
With such a crazy wishlist to boot, his whining about the VC's latest offering (Super EDF) seems idiotic.
I mean, Super EDF is actually pretty decent... it's leagues above Superman 64... and it's also better than some other games on his wishlist... And well... it can't get much worse than Superman 64. It really is abysmal!
That guys reasoning remains a mystery.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

EvilRegal

Example of what is wrong with VC? No Contra NES (or anything else Konami) these days. Example of a massive, gaping, void-like hole in a system on VC's resume.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Bass_X0

What annoys me most about the Virtual Console was that companies decided to release their crappy games in some cases when they had better games in their catalog that still haven't been released on the Virtual Console.

Did Capcom really have to release six of their earliest arcade games when only one was actually desired? Even if there were limitations on how large an arcade game they can release, there are still better games they could have released instead from the eighties.

Kid_Crono wrote:

So did the Virtual Console in the same time frame.

I still find it hard to believe there's nothing currently in the catalog that interests you.

There are about two games left that I want. Cybernator and Legend of the Mystical Ninja. There are a few others that I may try if I had spare points but don't really want them (Faxanadu, Star Tropics 2).

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Chrono_Cross

Bass_X0 wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I hope your exaggerating to prove your point? Because in actuality your terribly wrong.

Just for you.

WiiAboutU

Bass_X0 wrote:

What annoys me most about the Virtual Console was that companies decided to release their crappy games in some cases when they had better games in their catalog that still haven't been released on the Virtual Console.

Did Capcom really have to release six of their earliest arcade games when only one was actually desired? Even if there were limitations on how large an arcade game they can release, there are still better games they could have released instead from the eighties.

Kid_Crono wrote:

There are about two games left that I want. Cybernator and Legend of the Mystical Ninja. There are a few others that I may try if I had spare points but don't really want them (Faxanadu, Star Tropics 2).

Wow, your actually seeing this from the direction I am. At least one person can see what I mean, by how the companies know what they're doing.

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

when they can make new IP's that will make more money

there is no context I need to know of where this could be true

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.