Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 581 to 600 of 3,349

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

581. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nice buy Ryno!
I need to add Chip 'n Dale to my collection, as it's one of my favorite Nes games growing up, and holy hell did i have tough time renting that one. It was always out at the video store. I'll be getting a couple more retro purchases in on my next paycheck hehe.

But yup! Here's a question.....Chip 'n Dale or Ducktales? Which one do did you guys find better of the two? For me, I'd say ultimately Ducktales was a bit better, but Chip 'n Dale seemed a bit more sacred and hyped up for and it was NEVER in, and I loved the hell out of the cartoon growing up, but the same goes for Ducktales. B-)

Sadly Tail Spin(especially) and The Little Mermaid didn't fair too well in comparison to these 2 Capcom Disney Classics.

Always looking forward to seeing what your next latest retro purchase will be WaveBoy :D As for Ducktales vs. Rescue Rangers I would say go with DuckTales first, it is more challenging. Rescue Rangers is fun but a little on the easier side but if you enjoy playing nes games while drinking your Hi-C Ecto Cooler and chomping down some California Raisins with a buddy instead of alone then I say go down the Chip & Dale route. B-) Either way you are a winner!

I don't know much about the NES games Tale Spin, Little Mermaid, or Darkwing Duck but Darkwing Duck is the only one out of those three that I have read good reviews on so I may pick that up eventually. I loved all those cartoons, that would be awesome to have them all on DVD!

Has anyone every played Willow, that is another Capcom game I have (surprisingly) read good reviews about?

@Retro_on_theGo Hope you find all the N64 and SNES goodies you want! I missed out on the N64 as I went with PSX. Someday I may collect N64 but now I am working omy 2 favorite systems, the NES and SNES (heavy emphasis currently on the NES).

@noblo601 Nice buy on the Minish Cap, that one is in the pipeline for me to pick up.

@SKTTR Nice pickups, I just ordered Metal Slug Anthology as well for my Wii.

Dude, did you just say the California Raisens? As in the talking Jazzified claymated California Raisens with the funky musical instruments?lol Aside from the food, I actually had a few California raisen toys back in the day, They didn't do much but i just loved them for some reason. :p

And awesome commercial by the way! Which remindes me, I definitly need to the get the complete Ghostbusters Cartoon series on DVD soon! Do you remmeber the first Boogey man episode? That gave most of the us kids nightmares back in the day. B-)

Skip to 5:35 for the Boogey man reveal.

And as for Darkwing Duck, it was easily the best out of the 3 regarding Tail Spin and Little Mermaid. It felt a lot like Mega Man in a way, while feeling completely fresh at the same time. The Little mermaid was painfully easy, and pretty boring half the time while Tail Spin's flight controls were awful, was never a fan of that one growing up.....Stay away from that one, farrrrrr awaaay.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

582. Posted:

Megaman X came in the mail yesterday! :D Me and my little brother have been playing it all day today and yesterday! it's sooo much fun! I can't believe how good the music is and smooth the gameplay is too.
My only gripe is that if you push the dash and jump button at the same time you don't dash jump, just regular jump. I can't tell you how many times that killed me/nearly killed me. Still a great fun game! I can totally see how the suspend feature in VC would benefit this game though. It was a bit annoying have to re-fight all the bosses at once or start all over if you turn the game off. Still did it though. Currently stuck on Sigma.
SPOILER My brother found the Street Fighter reference Capsule by accident! You can do a Hadouken!!! How awesome is that? XD I LOVE Megaman X for the SNES!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

583. Posted:

@Ryno Yes haha, i felt like i was 16 y/o again today, LOL!

But there's more to come soon...

Xevious 3D/G+ - NTSC US - New <-------- AVERY VERY underrated arcade title imo (disc also contains Xevious Arragement which has a sountrack worth buying alone)
Starblade DX - PAL - New
Die Hard Trilogy - Pal - New
Thunderhawk 2 - Pal - New
Tempest X3 - Pal - New
WipEout - Pal - New
Exhumed - Pal - New
Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver - Pal - New
Pitfall 3D - Pal -New <----- Another extremely underrated gem...

I wish i could get my hands on FFVII and Tekken 2...once again... :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

584. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I can't believe how good the music is and smooth the gameplay is too.

Spark Mandrill stage music FTW! B) Sigma's stage music is just beautiful....

Great game my friend.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

585. Posted:

Oh, and so is Demon Crest!!! (back when Capcom was a quality company)

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

586. Posted:

90s_Gamer wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I can't believe how good the music is and smooth the gameplay is too.

Spark Mandrill stage music FTW! B) Sigma's stage music is just beautiful....

Great game my friend.

Absolutely! I stood there just listening for awhile. Armored Armadillo's stage music is outstanding too! I started dancing around in my seat the second I heard it!! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

587. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SPOILER My brother found the Street Fighter reference Capsule by accident! You can do a Hadouken!!! How awesome is that? XD I LOVE Megaman X for the SNES!

Not really a spoiler that anyone who has played MMX knows about the Hadouken. Lol Although it was nice to see how excited you are for finding it Retro it reminds me when I first found it lol.

I believe it is Megaman X2 that has the dragon uppercut that Ken and Ryu do as an Easter egg.

@Waveboy: I remember the California Raisins cartoon, I had the Raisins bedsheet set and went as one for Halloween one year lol. And yes Darkwing Duck did remind me of the Megaman games it was probably my third favorite after Ducktales and Chip N Dales. As for Talespin umm yeah it was horrible I still have that game too I think I maybe beat it once thats how bad it was.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

588. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Not really a spoiler that anyone who has played MMX knows about the Hadouken. Lol Although it was nice to see how excited you are for finding it Retro it reminds me when I first found it lol.

I believe it is Megaman X2 that has the dragon uppercut that Ken and Ryu do as an Easter egg.

Lol, just thought I'd be safe, because I know I'd rather find a cool Easter egg like that then read about it n a forum. I'm sure anyone who had been following Capcom through the SNES days would have been excited by it. History repeats itself I guess. :)
EDIT: Man the X series use to be so good, I haven't beaten the game yet and I'm already hunting down (and found!) good deals on x2! What happened to you Capcom! :(

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

589. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Kings of Demons and Demon Crest look awesome! i never got a chance to play those 2 back on the SNES sadly. Anyways, I'm just about to unload on some retro lovin', as expected my bundle of 80's awesomeness will go beyond(OoOoOoOoO I bet that gave ya the chills.lol) videogames as always muhaha. lol B-)

And I'm not sure i even feel like getting a Genesis....I had one as a kid, and while there were a few or so title I dug it just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially in comparison to the brilliant stuff that hit the SNES during the time.

But I'll always have a soft spot for Castle of Illusion, Splatterhouse 2, Rock Knight Adventure and a few others.

King Of Demons was only available on the super famicom im lucky i found an english repro cuz i was about to pay almost 300$ for the Japanese version! if you break the tabs in yer snes you can play super famicom games as well, but i wont break my snes tabs...i use my retron3 instead.
and i love the Splatterhouse series...ive got 1, 2, and 3 and Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti, and for any random reason i wanted to say i LOVE retro stuff and especially retro gaming, i spend a great amount of money on my only hobby in the world. its my entire life and it makes me happy

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

590. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

But I'll always have a soft spot for Castle of Illusion, Splatterhouse 2, Rock Knight Adventure and a few others.

I believe you mean Rocket Knight Adventures.

Edited on by SonicMaster

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

591. Posted:

Master_Genesis wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I believe you mean Rocket Knight Adventures.

Well ya, that's what happens when you don't spell check. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

592. Posted:

Time to unleash my latest and incredibly ultra awesome tweakin' geekin' Retro Purchases. B-)

Untitled
I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! And The first Season of He-Man on DVD. :p

Timeless stuff! The Cartoon Intro alone used to give me goosebumps as I child. And as much as I loved the Masters of the Universe 'live Action' He-man movie, I wish the entire thing would of taken place in Grayskull.....And instead not being zapped to our world just so the producers could save a quick buck.lol The Parts However where it did in fact that place in Grayskull were totaly brilliant! Evil Lynn was hands down the most and menacing female villian in any movie I've seen. Those demonic cat-like eyes, that sadistic voice, aghhh. But whatever, this has nothing do with the beloved and magical cartoon series hehe. Anyways, can't to wait to get my He-man action on when this baby blasts out of the mail box. B-)

Untitled
Captain N: The Game Master - The Complete Series!

Man oh man, this one of my favorite cartoons growin up...Say what you want about the gremlin trollish sounding midget-fied Mega Man, or Pit who would constantly say Icus whenever he'd bust out a line, or Simon Belmont who was hands down the biggest WTF out of the bunch.lol The evil King Hippo & Egg Plant Wizard duo on the other hand was pure genious..

Sigh* They just don't make them like this anymore...This cartoon is incredibly special because the idea alone is so daring, awesome and original! And I actually for one love the artwork, even for Mega Man and Pit. Simon Belmont not so much haha. Plus, the animation is top quality timeless stuff. B-) Captain N was the ultimate Saturday morning Cartoon...I'd always rock my TMNT Pj's along with a giant bowl of Lucky Charms cereal(Ghostbusters if I was lucky) with my eyes bugged out of my head in excitement.lol

Untitled

Finally, finally got a copy of DuckTales, another Nes Classic i have some pretty sweet memories of...Aside from putting the controller down during that Translevania stage and having to get stitches on my foot from a whacky bad Summer Gator slip n' slide incident where i slid over broken glass. Ya, I'm lucky it was only my foot. eek! :o

Untitled

Back in 89' when I was 5, I got this as a Vacation Gift from my mom who just got back from Hawaii and boy was I happy. The next day i was playing it all night, meanwhile my Baby sitter and her boyfriend were making out behind me under the covers on the couch god knowing what else they were doing. All I heard were smoochies and yadah yadah, but i didn't care I was just too into Contra. B-)

Untitled

Ahhh, Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden. This was flipping brilliant back in the day....Way back, one of my friends introduced me to this amazing gem at his house on a hot sunny aftertoon. I remember him and I sitting on the floor close to the TV in his living room and playing the first stage, while having turns each time we died. But you see, this friend of mine had an insane temper problem....it was crazy bad.

He lived with his grandma, and she was actually very nice as expected from any typical grandma. She came in to give us cookies and whatever during that time, and this kid would constantly scream and curse at her the moment she spoke....lol And whenever he'd lose in the game, he'd start throwing the controller and smashing things in a crazy temper like fasion. I think he freaked and spazzed out when he lost to the first boss. either way, that was my gateway to Ninja Gaiden.....I didn't get too far at his place, because I had to end up leaving because he was getting way out of control.lol :o

Untitled
General Tragg, Genghis Frog & Casey Jones

But with zero weapons! :p I got a great deal, besides it would of cost me $20 more alone just get CJ's Golf Clubs and nap sack. lol Honestly though I can do without Tragg and Genghis Frog's accessories anyways. :p And ahhh, I just loved these figures growing up, they're so classic, striking and colorful. :D

Untitled
Ghosbusters Mini Ghost Traps!

Nostalgia was in full force, and I couldn't say no to these finger biting ghoulies. lol I used to have these as a kid, their mouthes basically extend all the way back, and when you press on their tounge they lash down crushing your finger into 5 year old ghost dust.lol They may look innocent, but don't be fooled! :p I remember having these, along with my Stay Puff Marshmellow man, Slimer, Ray and Egon figurines, and a big box of chocolate twinkies the first time i ever watched Ghostbusters on VHS. B-)

Untitled

2 Pairs of Black & Pink 80's Shades
I'm definitly going to be wearing these for my 80's costume this Halloween. B-)

Untitled

An Autographed(Or it will be) A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors 'Official Photo' of Nancy & Freddy signed by Heather Langenkamp aka > Nancy. What can I say, I go ga ga for anything ANOES related hehe.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

JGMR

593. Posted:

Latest PlayStation games (which i all owned before...ahum) :

Final Fantasy VIII - PAL - New
Ridge Racer - PAL - New
WipEout - PAL - New
Xevious 3D/G+ - NTSC US - New
Thunderhawk 2 - PAL - New

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

ogo79

594. Posted:

@WaveBoy
where did you find those most righteous shades?

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

595. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@WaveBoy
where did you find those most righteous shades?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wayfarer-Mens-Sunglasses-Black-Red-Sunnie... ;)

$8.95 for a pair. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

596. Posted:

Just last week, I picked up the complete series of Sonic SatAM. Pretty good show so far.

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

Retro_Gamer

597. Posted:

@WaveBoy

Oh man, those ninja turtles action figures totally brought back memories, I would spend hours playing with those things while watching the cartoon or movies. Good choice in NES games too, if you like Duck Tales you should give Chip n' Dale a shot, it's another great Capcom-Disney game.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

598. Posted:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

@WaveBoy

Oh man, those ninja turtles action figures totally brought back memories, I would spend hours playing with those things while watching the cartoon or movies. Good choice in NES games too, if you like Duck Tales you should give Chip n' Dale a shot, it's another great Capcom-Disney game.

Ya, i think we all did during the turtlemaina back in those days.lol Good times! But ya, Ducktales, Ninja Gaiden and Contra are such boring, ordinary and safe choices. :p But those 3 are in my top 10 favorite Nes games, so i just had to get them to finish that up. I've got around 20 Nes titles on my 'to get list' and a few or so of them are more obscure and interesting, like Kickle Cubicle, Kid Niki: Radical Ninja, or maybe even Yo' Noid.....Then again!

And Chip n' Dale is definitly another good one, maybe a little too easy but i found it just about as good as DuckTales. Either way you can't do wrong with either! B-) Tail Spin is another story. :p

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

599. Posted:

@WaveBoy Do you remember that old California Raisins Christmas special, that used to appear on local T.V. That really brings back memories. The first season of Heman is available for streaming on Netflix, for anyone who has Netflix and is interested. I never really cared for the Masters of the Universe live action movie, even though I bothered my mother to see it forever.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

600. Posted:

@WaveBoy You said you like classic horror movies from the 80's. Well I'm trying to remember the title of one, maybe you can help me. It's a film about a huge church or university and a group of people that are trapped inside and terrorized by all types of evil aberrations. At one point I remember there was a floating nun. It wasn't "Prince of Darkness" because I thought it was until I recently watched it.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863