Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 581 to 600 of 4,850

Tasuki

Ryno wrote:

@oldgamesonly
I still have a ton of SNES and NES games I would like to get but someday I may want to get some Super Famicom games. Have you heard anything about modifying a North American SNES to play Super Famicom games

Sorry Rhino we are not allowed to talk about those thing on this site.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

id use a retron3 as it plays super famicom games without the modding and the games are clear...
i wont break my tabs on my mini snes
or i can use a real super famicom
but yeah that method works
its also important to note if you are getting into imports you obviously need to know which games you can play to avoid the language barrier unless you can read Japanese.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

oldgamesonly wrote:

id use a retron3 as it plays super famicom games without the modding and the games are clear...
i wont break my tabs on my mini snes
or i can use a real super famicom
but yeah that method works
its also important to note if you are getting into imports you obviously need to know which games you can play to avoid the language barrier unless you can read Japanese.

Its weird they are just plastic tabs on the SNES but I would feel bad about cutting them so I may look into a retron to play Super Famicom games if I exhaust the library of SNES games I want to play. I took Japanese in high school so I can at least read the text, may not know what it means though! haha...

WaveBoy wrote:

Hey Ryno what happened to your Radical Retro Realm of ??? Thread?
It seems to have vanished off the face of the planet.

I straight up axed it. I don't know, I would like to have a daily discussion/ QoTD thread retro related but I dont think the retro forum on this site is to popular and it wouldn't be very lively.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ulven

Super Metroid & F-Zero

ulven

SamuraiShyGuy

I just picked up F-Zero X and F-Zero GX at Slackers. X was $10 and GX was only $8. I've played GX quite a bit in the past, but I've never played X. It should tide me over until Nintendo eventually releases a new F-Zero game.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

16bitguy

Just bought Out to Lunch snes with the box and manuel.

16bitguy

ogo79

16bitguy wrote:

Just bought Out to Lunch snes with the box and manuel.

nice
this makes me want to pop in Panic Restaurant on my top loading nes

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

I recently got this, it is my 3rd favorite game of all time and for $19.00 shipped I thought it is a must for my collection though unfortunatley I did not get the originally included poster with it.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno im sure you can find that poster on ebay lol
thats where i got my River City Ransom map/poster

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

Thanks Retro_on_theGo! Yeah oldgamesonly, I found the map online for $17.00 shipped now but I think I will continue to wait and watch and see if I can get it for around $10 or so. How much did you pay for the River City Ransom poster/map? Good luck to you Retro in finding aLTTP CIB at a price you like. What annoys me is a game like this goes for such a high price and it certainly is not because it is rare.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

@Ryno i payed about 23 bucks for it
it was an ebay bidding war
cant have that

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

7th_lutz

Picked up a bunch of games while I was at the state fair:

Chew-Man-Fu - Tg-16
Dead Moon - Tg-16
Fantasy Zone - Tg - 16
Golden Axe - Sega Master System
Shadowgate Classic - Gameboy Color
Sprintmaster - Atari 2600
Tax Avoiders - Atari 2600

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

caityful

I just picked up an Aqua Blue Gameboy Color from the local GameTraders store. After 13 years, it was in better condition than I've ever seen. Next retro acquisition will be Pokemon Red or Blue.

MetroidMasher17

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Ryno

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just bought an NES with Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, 2 controllers, 1 zapper, and hook ups!
I'm so excited to play it!!!

Congrats Retro, you are now free to play any North American NES game you want and are no longer held back by the VC! Quite liberating isn't it? Capcom Disney classics, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade Game & Manhattan Project), Contra, overlooked and forgotten about gems are all available to you now. Looking forward to see what you get

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

A Virtual Boy with Mario's Tennis.
However, I kinda failed in getting it.
See, I ordered it off of eBay like five days before a month-long trip to Mexico. Of course it didn't get there in time, so I asked a friend who is looking after the house to pick it up when he saw it. I'll get it in 4 days, though, almost coming back to the States.

Oh boy, a Virtual Boy! What a classic piece of Nintendo history that will go really well along with Nintendo's other failure the 3DS. I kid, I kid... settle down. I would actually get a 3DS if I was still a youngster and had enough video game time for it. But I don't muc to everyone's dismay. The Virtual Boy would be a great for my ever expanding gnarly Nintendo collection though

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Winslow

I just got Illusion of Gaia with the box.

3DS Friend Code:
5198-2526-6139

BenAV

Pokemon Yellow.
It was the first Gameboy game that I ever had as a child, and although I no longer have my copy I found my old Gameboy Color in (barely) working condition so I decided to buy Pokemon Yellow again.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

1upsuper

I believe my last "retro" purchase was Solstice, for the NES. It's an alright game (I never was big on iso games), but I mostly got it so I could listen to the amazing title screen music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
Yeah, it's that awesome.

Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic