Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 601 to 620 of 3,499

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

601. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

or maybe even Yo' Noid.....Then again!

Avoid the Noid Waveboy! :P

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

602. Posted:

That game's actually not too bad. Though it definitely will become a pattern-memorization game. I haven't actually finished the game yet, but I've played about half of it.
Perhaps the game is decent because it's pretty much just a graphics hack of an unrelated Japanese game. :)
I'd say it was worth the $2 and shipping I paid for it on ebay.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Toad64

603. Posted:

EDIT: The pics were pretty large, so I'll just post the links to the blog posts where i put the pics up instead!
I've gotten a few good retro and import games lately, thought I'd share them here! X-Men for Genesis, Ultraman for SNES, Yo Noid for NES and a handful more, I have pics and short descriptions up on some of them here:

http://www.painted-pixels.com/blog/2011/6/9/new-old-games.html
http://www.painted-pixels.com/blog/2011/7/12/more-new-old-games.html

Edited on by Toad64

Come check out my site! I'm normally talking old games and whatnot. Stop by, leave a comment, and let me know what you think!
http://www.Painted-Pixels.com

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

604. Posted:

Haven't bought it yet, but I am trying to get an NES! :D I've found multiple auctions on seller refurbished NES's. The one I'm keeping a close eye on comes with the NES, all hook-ups, my choice of 2 classic controllers or 1 classic and 1 NES Max controller, (If you have any suggestions on which pair to go with that'd be nice. I'm just going with 2 classic controllers right now) 1 Zapper, and my choice of 5 games. I'm going to choose Super Mario bros/duck hunt, 2, and 3, Metroid, and Ducktales. Hoping I can win the auction. If I get it I'll probably hunt down a copy of Megaman 2 also.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

605. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Haven't bought it yet, but I am trying to get an NES! :D I've found multiple auctions on seller refurbished NES's. The one I'm keeping a close eye on comes with the NES, all hook-ups, my choice of 2 classic controllers or 1 classic and 1 NES Max controller, (If you have any suggestions on which pair to go with that'd be nice. I'm just going with 2 classic controllers right now) 1 Zapper, and my choice of 5 games. I'm going to choose Super Mario bros/duck hunt, 2, and 3, Metroid, and Ducktales. Hoping I can win the auction. If I get it I'll probably hunt down a copy of Megaman 2 also.

2 classic controllers totally. The NES Max was more "Min" if you know what I am saying, I couldn't use that thing back then and I wouldnt want to use anything but the best D-pad ever made which is the NES controller. Oh and good luck and better not bid against me on the same NES games I want :p

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

606. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Dude, did you just say the California Raisens? As in the talking Jazzified claymated California Raisens with the funky musical instruments?lol Aside from the food, I actually had a few California raisen toys back in the day, They didn't do much but i just loved them for some reason. :p

And awesome commercial by the way! Which remindes me, I definitly need to the get the complete Ghostbusters Cartoon series on DVD soon! Do you remmeber the first Boogey man episode? That gave most of the us kids nightmares back in the day. B-)

nd as for Darkwing Duck, it was easily the best out of the 3 regarding Tail Spin and Little Mermaid. It felt a lot like Mega Man in a way, while feeling completely fresh at the same time. The Little mermaid was painfully easy, and pretty boring half the time while Tail Spin's flight controls were awful, was never a fan of that one growing up.....Stay away from that one, farrrrrr awaaay.lol

@WaveBoy I loved the California Raisins. I had this hat, it was like painter hat style with the flat top and had California Raisins all dancing all the way around it. It was so awesome! I also had the figure of the guy with the 80's shades and my sister had another. They were boring toys but for some reason I thought they were cool. Claymation is another I miss from taht time period, loved that commerical. They sure dont make things like that anymore now do they!

I remember that Boogeyman reveal from the Ghostbusters, that creepd me out as a kid too! That would be awesome to get an animated DVD series like you did with Captain N and He Man. Overall though nice 80's purchases! Glad to see you got Contra as I know how special that game is for you and the fantastic NES classics Ninja Gaiden and Ducktales. How fun is must be at your 80's shrine that you call your home ;)

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

607. Posted:

I was thinking about checking Slackers to see if they had Oracle of Ages and Seasons. I've never played those games before. I assume they're pretty good, what do you guys think?

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

CapedGodot

608. Posted:

They look pretty fun, from what I've seen. I recently bought the original Metroid NES game for my best friend. For myself, I bought Metroid Zero Mission. As soon as I can accumulate a couple more dollars, I'll be buying Metroid II, as well. There are several GB and GBA games that I would like to get from a used game store near me, but I can't afford them all.

CapedGodot

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

609. Posted:

I won Megaman 2 AND 3 on ebay for $8! :D I don't have an NES yet to play them, but I just couldn't pass up such a good opportunity. I can't wait to get an NES and play these two games. I love Megaman and I know 2 is going to be amazing. 3 seems pretty good and fun, but it's not nearly as liked as 2. From what I seen it looks fun too though.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

610. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I won Megaman 2 AND 3 on ebay for $8! :D I don't have an NES yet to play them, but I just couldn't pass up such a good opportunity. I can't wait to get an NES and play these two games. I love Megaman and I know 2 is going to be amazing. 3 seems pretty good and fun, but it's not nearly as liked as 2. From what I seen it looks fun too though.

2 for me was definitly much more of an amazing experience than 3 back in the Nes days. When 2 came out it was so bloody awesome and a massive leap over the original. The wonderful insanely awesome music, those beautiful and imaginitive organic Robot master stages such as Bubble, Air and wood. that brilliant opening, the Password and RM stage select music, those iconic Wily bosses ect ect. It was just so epic, up beat, vibrant and amazing for it's time. B-) If anything, i just didn't like those Wily Stages.

3 however does a few things better, but ultimately is a bit dissapointing in comprison. Now, MM3 has superior controls.....MM controls were more responsive and zippity, the ladder climbing was faster...And the 2 other additions such as a slide and Rush were nice touches.

But the tone of the game was darker, more mechanical and gritty. It didn't have that happy light hearted epic vibe as 2 did, and the stages for the most part felt a bit meh. I wasn't a fan of Hard, Needle, Gemeni or Magnet man's stages. While Snake, Top and Shadow seemed to be the high lites. Also, the slow down was incredibly annoying. And the RM's themselves filled the screen up with just orange and blue in the RM selection screen. so much for variety.lol The music while 'good' wasn't up to snuff either imo.

But I love me some Snake man :p When i got the game as a kid, i couldn't stop thinking about how he was.lol MM3 and MM10 both share that dismal colorless darker serious tone to them. They both kind of feel a smidge lifeless in ways....Especially 10, which is hands down my lest favorite Nes MM game. Ya it's got some fantastic level design and boss battles. Sheep and Strike man's stages were very well done ect ect. but the tone, the music, creativity and vibrant colors were serverely lacking. MM10 just bums me the hell out.lol :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

611. Posted:

I agree with you, Megaman 2 is better 3. It's my second favorite in the series after 9. Great to hear 3 has tight controls and some redeeming features, but from the videos I've seen I completely agree on you with Megaman 2 being a lot nicer just because of the cooler more up-beat happy vibe it has compared to 3. I loved Snake man so much though. From his stage music to the character himself. :P I guess everyone liked the Robot Master. He's what probably convinced me to go for that auction despite the fact I was just looking for 2.

I'll be playing both, but I will be playing 2 so much more. The music is the greatest part of the game for me. It's just damn amazing! I swear I can just stare at the password screen alone listening to that wonderful tune.(It's just a 10 second loop, btw :P) They're both great games. I just love 2 more. I'm going to have so much fun playing it and even inviting friends over and beating the game together.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

612. Posted:

I downloaded MM 2 when it came out on VC and I didn't think it was all that amazing. It pales in comparison to MM X.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

613. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dont know how I missed this one but I actually liked the NES Max over the original controllers. It has an early analog like direction pad something similar to the on the 3DS now. Alot of people didnt like it cause it was so different from the cross pad but now I think if it was released it would be a better seller due to the fact that all the consoles now have analog sticks.

Also congrats on Megaman 2 and 3 that was a helluva deal. I might be the black sheep here but I have always liked Megaman 3 more than 2. Maybe that might be cause Megaman 3 introduces me to the Megaman series. I remember always trying to rent Megaman 2 from my local video store when I was a kid but the darn thing was always rented out. I didnt get a chance to play a Megaman game till one day I saw MM3 sitting on the shelf at the video store.

But anyways yeah I thought the musics in MM3 was great especially Sparkmans Stage that tune is till one of my all time favorites. Waveboy is right about the select screen being a sea of Blue and orange but that doesnt really bother me since you are on that screen for maybe 3 seconds lol. The level design in my opinion is some of the best in the MM series but as I said I might be a bit bias. Still alot of people regard MM3 as one of the best in the series.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

614. Posted:

everytime i tried to rent MM2 it was gone as well
3 is just as good in my opinion

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

James

615. Posted:

I bought a stack of Game Boy games today — carts only, no boxes, though they all have the little plastic cases. Quite a lot, so bear with me!

Mega Man
David Crane's The Rescue of Princess Blobette (related to A Boy and His Blob apparently, never heard of it)
Gargoyle's Quest
Dragon's Lair: The Legend
Solar Striker
TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan
Heavyweight Championship Boxing
Total Carnage
Tour de Thrash
Chase H.Q.
Golf
Gauntlet II
The Punisher
Nintendo World Cup
WWF Superstars
Battle Unit Zeoth
Blades of Steel
Kung Fu Master
Pinball Dreams
Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly
Bubble Bobble
Tetris
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
The Amazing Spider-Man
Maru's Mission
Kwirk
Fist of the North Star.

Many of these titles I don't recognise so if anyone can advise me on what to play first I'd be most grateful! Also, if any take your fancy, just give me a shout :)

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

616. Posted:

James wrote:

Many of these titles I don't recognise so if anyone can advise me on what to play first I'd be most grateful! Also, if any take your fancy, just give me a shout :)

James, I am jealous. Gargoyles Quest is my favorite Gameboy game so that is my recommendation for you, you lucky dog you :p Second would then be Fall of the Foot Clan, it is a great TMNT game and if you are like most retroites that frequent this forum you can never get enough TMNT! B-D

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DrCruse

617. Posted:

I recently picked up Iron Soldier, Alien vs Predator, and Super Burnout on the Jaguar, as well as Alien Trilogy for the PS1.

DrCruse

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

618. Posted:

@James - Fall o' the Foot Clan is pretty fun. I used to have it but can't find it anymore. Also, Mega Man and Gargoyle's Quest should be games u play first. :)

Also, I haven't played it but...I'm guessing Gauntlet II is hard as *#@&

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

kellykel

619. Posted:

I bought Star Fox... for the Atari! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_(1983_video_game)

Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kellykel

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

620. Posted:

James wrote:

I bought a stack of Game Boy games today — carts only, no boxes, though they all have the little plastic cases. Quite a lot, so bear with me!

Mega Man
David Crane's The Rescue of Princess Blobette (related to A Boy and His Blob apparently, never heard of it)
Gargoyle's Quest
Dragon's Lair: The Legend
Solar Striker
TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan
Heavyweight Championship Boxing
Total Carnage
Tour de Thrash
Chase H.Q.
Golf
Gauntlet II
The Punisher
Nintendo World Cup
WWF Superstars
Battle Unit Zeoth
Blades of Steel
Kung Fu Master
Pinball Dreams
Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly
Bubble Bobble
Tetris
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
The Amazing Spider-Man
Maru's Mission
Kwirk
Fist of the North Star.

Wow thats alot of games there James how much did you pay for all that if you dont mind me asking?

If you havent played TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan than I suggest you play that first.

Kwirk is a nice little puzzle maze type game if you are into those types of games I remember playing that game all the time on a trip to Chicago one summer.

Nintendo World Cup is a fun no rules type soccer game and belongs to the Kunio series if you are familiar with that series. Its similar to Super Dodge Ball but soccer.

Tetris that should be a duh.

Princess Blobette I believe thats the sequel to A Boy and his Blob.

As for the other I either dont remember them or I have never played them.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311