Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 421 to 440 of 3,331

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

421. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Hah, Monster Party was one of the weirdest Nes titles I got my hands on! :p
That game slaughtered me back in the day, i honestly don't know what to think of it. It's got this odd little quirky charm about it and the boss battles were pretty funky and oddball, but yeesh was it challenging.

yeah, i beat it but i had to use a map for the freakin maze level...level 6 i believe...i still have the map put away for future plays

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

422. Posted:

Untitled
Ghost Sweeper Mikami for the super famicom
a revision 2 of the retron3
and 3 extra nes, snes and genesis controllers...i have all the real consoles, but wanted a new retron3 for a backup and to play super famicom games without modding my mini snes

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

423. Posted:

I have been on fire lately...

Untitled
A must for any retro gamer :D

Untitled
Only if you got "old-skool" skills ;)

Untitled
Cannot get enough Metroid! :)

Untitled
Usually not a fan of "remakes/re-imagining" but Zero Mission is amazing and as a total bonus you get the original Metroid! :D

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

424. Posted:

God damn what has eBay done to you Ryno? I'm jelous! :p
You didn't just get things complete, you seriously got them complete with the Add papers. nice!
Looking at all of those retro goods has now made me tempted again to buy a little retro 'something' off ebay hehe.

As for NInja Gaiden, I LOVED the original as a child. Easily one of the most iconic Nes games of that generation with some funny memories that i have with friends almost tossing the controller at the screen.lol Yet I finally got around to beating it a couple of years ago on the VC. Where I also played and beat NGII and NGIII for the first time as well. NGIII was insanely off the walls challenging...To beat that game, you've seriously gotta have ninja-like reflexes and some extreme patience! B-)

I stuck with it, and i was blown away when i actually beat the last boss with one measily trinket of life left. :D Hands down one of the most difficult Nes games ever created. and for me it was one of the most rewarding and satisfying gaming experiences in my life,
AND i found it much more challenging than NG and NGII....But I'm sure part of that was because you didn't get unlimited continues. NGII was another great one and was far less a departure from the original and felt like a traditional sequal, and while i loved it....I Hated that clone item....It seriously got in the way of the gameplay. lol

Anyways, time to do a little RETRO eBay Shoppin' muhaha. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

425. Posted:

I think I am seriously addicted to Ebay, WaveBoy. haha! I cannot just buy the cartridge either, I have to have the box, manual and the awesome late 80's early 90's ads/inserts/watch offers. I wonder if I can still get that Tecmo watch... My copy of SMB2 AKA "Mario Madness" is just the cartridge and manual and it feels so imcomplete to me :( Glad that you got a complete copy. The manual is definitely a great read though! :)

I would like to get the whole NES Ninja Gaiden set "CIB" but NGIII is going for some serious coin. In fact I don't know if I ever even played it. I played NG a lot (but wasn't very good) and a little NGII. Being a ninja was like the coolest thin during that era with the TMNT phenomenon. Got to hold off the urge from buying them on the VC. That is crazy cool that you were able to beat all three. Mad props to you sir!

Find anything that caught your retro interest on ebay? :D

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

426. Posted:

Yup! Being a ninja definitly was one of the coolest things growing up, every kid on the planet loved TMNT....Either that, or they wanted to be a Ghostbuster and during the midish 90's it was all about being a Power Ranger haha. But nowadays kids think being a gangster is the coolest thing....sigh* how far we've fallen. :p

And actually there's a bid going on right now for TMNT and TMNT II: The Arcade Game(which is tough to get) both CIB in fantastic condition, but I'm waiting for my Bank to Credit Card transfer to go through, takes a couple of days and then I'll most likely bid on it. I already have both games on cartridge, but i'm dieing to get the Boxes.

And i was actually going to get Kid Niki: Radical Ninja CIB and Shadowgate CIB today but for some reason i was cruising through Amazon and I ended up buying 4 horror movies instead. lol :p

two italian Argrento classics, 'Susperia', Demons and then i picked up Night of the Demons 2 and C.H.U.D. B-)
I'm a big horror movie freak, A Nightmare on elm street(the original obviously) being my favorite horror movie of all time, i adore the franchise. But yeaa, i just couldn't resist. besides I gotta balance the gaming with the movies, but usually the gaming always takes centre stage.

Besides there isn't one upcoming movie on the planet and there never will be that will even come close to reaching my mad excitement based on when a new Nintendo Console is revealed or released....Aka, in less then 2 more weeks. :D
It's going to be like Christmas morning for me, I'm sooo pumped right now, hell we all are obviously.

And good luck with Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom, you'll need it! That's if you do decide to cave in and get for the VC. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

427. Posted:

Just picked up a complete TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for the SNES and Killer Instinct for the SNES from Ebay. TMNT cost me $36 and K.I. cost me $40. Figure I might as well get these two since they will probably never make it to the VC. I am sooo stoked now I cant wait till they get here. :D

IMO I thought the SNES version of Turtles in Time was even better than the arcade version. Now I just need to get Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis and I will be set.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

428. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Just picked up a complete TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for the SNES and Killer Instinct for the SNES from Ebay. TMNT cost me $36 and K.I. cost me $40. Figure I might as well get these two since they will probably never make it to the VC. I am sooo stoked now I cant wait till they get here. :D

IMO I thought the SNES version of Turtles in Time was even better than the arcade version. Now I just need to get Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis and I will be set.

yeah thats how i did it, i got Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist at the same time, good plan. i got all the games i dont think will see VC

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

429. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Just picked up a complete TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for the SNES and Killer Instinct for the SNES from Ebay. TMNT cost me $36 and K.I. cost me $40. Figure I might as well get these two since they will probably never make it to the VC. I am sooo stoked now I cant wait till they get here. :D

IMO I thought the SNES version of Turtles in Time was even better than the arcade version. Now I just need to get Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis and I will be set.

yeah thats how i did it, i got Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist at the same time, good plan. i got all the games i dont think will see VC

Yep now that I have a working SNES I can look into all of those games that wont make there way to VC. I have Earthbound which I bought when it was first released and a few other games that I never traded in now I am looking for games that I never owned. I am thinking my next purchase is going to be K.I. Gold on the N64 :D.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

430. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Just picked up a complete TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for the SNES and Killer Instinct for the SNES from Ebay. TMNT cost me $36 and K.I. cost me $40. Figure I might as well get these two since they will probably never make it to the VC. I am sooo stoked now I cant wait till they get here. :D

IMO I thought the SNES version of Turtles in Time was even better than the arcade version. Now I just need to get Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis and I will be set.

yeah thats how i did it, i got Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist at the same time, good plan. i got all the games i dont think will see VC

Yep now that I have a working SNES I can look into all of those games that wont make there way to VC. I have Earthbound which I bought when it was first released and a few other games that I never traded in now I am looking for games that I never owned. I am thinking my next purchase is going to be K.I. Gold on the N64 :D.

may i suggest Soldiers Of Fortune for snes to you...

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

3DS

431. Posted:

Mine is Ocarina of Time and Super Metroid

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

432. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Just picked up a complete TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for the SNES and Killer Instinct for the SNES from Ebay. TMNT cost me $36 and K.I. cost me $40. Figure I might as well get these two since they will probably never make it to the VC. I am sooo stoked now I cant wait till they get here. :D

IMO I thought the SNES version of Turtles in Time was even better than the arcade version. Now I just need to get Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis and I will be set.

yeah thats how i did it, i got Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist at the same time, good plan. i got all the games i dont think will see VC

Yep now that I have a working SNES I can look into all of those games that wont make there way to VC. I have Earthbound which I bought when it was first released and a few other games that I never traded in now I am looking for games that I never owned. I am thinking my next purchase is going to be K.I. Gold on the N64 :D.

may i suggest Soldiers Of Fortune for snes to you...

Hmmm I dont remember that game at all I might have to look it up and see what its about.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

433. Posted:

just ordered Soldiers Of Fortune for the Genesis, as it was the first port i had of this game, now it can sit with my snes version...come to think of it, ive had the snes and genesis versions two times each now, wow

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

434. Posted:

I got Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario world, and an official SNES controller off of ebay. It all totaled up to $30.09. :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

435. Posted:

I just bought Secret of Evermore... I don't remember bidding on it actually but I guess I won :D What can you tell me about this game?

Untitled

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

436. Posted:

Rocket Knight Adventures game+manual, and Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure CIB for cheap on amazon. Haven't played them before, but I hear they're pretty good.
Also, a CIB shooter called Dangerous Seed for the Japanese Mega Drive. I'd like to see the arcade version on VC, but as Namco hasn't even released it in Japan, there's probably no hope for that. After trying it in an emulator, I'm hopeful it'll work on my Genesis after I get a Game Genie (someday).

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

437. Posted:

picked up another Zelda: Oracle of Seasons with box and instruction manual.
only cost me $17.00 plus shipping.

Edited on by bonesy91

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

438. Posted:

Just picked up a Napolean Bonafrog, and you bet your it's game related...Or it would of been if I would of picked up Kid Niki: Radical Ninja CIB along with it like i planned on to. lol :p

Untitled
The Fluorecent Green and Pink get up is so 80's. B-)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.......And Gary. lol

Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NIN10DOXD

439. Posted:

My uncle bought Super Mario Brothers SEALED for $10!!!!!

3DS FC:2492-4113-9833 SSBB FC:1118-8152-9515

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

440. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Just picked up a Napolean Bonafrog, and you bet your it's game related...Or it would been if I would of picked up Kid Niki: Radical Ninja CIB along with it like i planned on to. lol :p

Untitled

Lol I have that same action figure in my storage somewhere. Very nice purchase indeed Waveboy. Perhaps we need to start a retro toy thread. :P The thing I always wondered is how come the figure of Napolean Bonafrog looked way different than the one on the cartoon series. Granted I know there were some differences between the figure version of a character and the cartoon version but Napolean's was waaaaay different.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311