Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 401 to 420 of 3,450

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

401. Posted:

Ya, I've decided not to open it.. :p
I'd be a total fool if I did, considering it's tough enough to find a sealed copy of T & C Surf in this day and age, let alone for a rocking $55. B-)

@Stuffy Stuff
Maxium Carnage on the Genesis used to give me maxium frustration.lol The games difficulty was just punishing.I HATED Doppleganger. And every RetroGame Store i go to, i see it's iconic glowing Red Cartridge in the Genesis Isle. God I hate that game. lol

TMNT IV was the ultimate SNES beat em up, nothing came close! B-)

Turtles > Spider Man

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

402. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@WaveBoy - No reason to open it if you spent that much. You can get a loose cartridge for fairly cheap if you want to play the game. PLEASE don't open it!

yeah really fairly cheap...like for 1 dollar...but its cool you got it sealed...
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-C-Surf-Designs-Nintendo-1988-Game-Cartr...

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

403. Posted:

Thanks for the support, friends. I've never played Batman Returns and I love beatemups and the others I hadn't played since I was a young child so I was looking forward to a nostalgia fix, but that'll be for another day.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

404. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@WaveBoy - No reason to open it if you spent that much. You can get a loose cartridge for fairly cheap if you want to play the game. PLEASE don't open it!

yeah really fairly cheap...like for 1 dollar...but its cool you got it sealed...

Probably $1, because it's in horrible shape. Or take into account that the shipping is probably bogus, and the seller is lieing to make more cash, not to mention there's no actual photo to see what condition the game is. But that aside, T & C surf is still one of the cheapest games around.

But having it sealed, is like finding hidden treasure. :p It's just nobody really cares that much to have this hidden treaure, because the hidden treasures surfing part of the game is so god damn broken and unforgiving that it renders it unplayable.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

405. Posted:

Just got my copy of "Backyard Baseball" for GC in the mail.

Oh how I loved these games... well until the current gen took it and ruined the characters/gameplay. _

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

406. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

Probably $1, because it's in horrible shape. Or take into account that the shipping is probably bogus, and the seller is lieing to make more cash, not to mention there's no actual photo to see what condition the game is. But that aside, T & C surf is still one of the cheapest games around.

But having it sealed, is like finding hidden treasure. :p It's just nobody really cares that much to have this hidden treaure, because the hidden treasures surfing part of the game is so god damn broken and unforgiving that it renders it unplayable.lol

i agree that a sealed game is like a treasure, thats how i feel about my two Cocoron famicom games, it just looks cool. sometimes it doesnt matter what game it is.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

407. Posted:

Cocoron hey? were those only available in Japan? Then again you did say Famicom....But yup I've never heard of them. :p
And I must complete my TMNT game collection.
I've got TMNT 1-3 for the Nes and TMNT 1-2 for the GameBoy. All I need is TMNT III: Radical Rescue for the GB which is incredibly rare to begin with, and TMNT IV: Turtles in time for the SNES and then I'm rockin. B-)

Yet I'm itching to get the boxes for TMNT 1 and 2 for the NES.....aghhh, i really need to watch my money, i just can't help it hehe. Oh, and then there's the rest of the TMNT cartoon series on DVD, the toys and random merchandise, must have it all, arghhh lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

408. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Cocoron hey? were those only available in Japan? Then again you did say Famicom....But yup I've never heard of them. :p
I've got TMNT 1-3 for the Nes and TMNT 1-2 for the GameBoy. All I need is TMNT III: Radical Rescue for the GB which is incredibly rare to begin with, and TMNT IV: Turtles in time for the SNES and then I'm rockin. B-)

Yet I'm itching to get the boxes for TMNT 1 and 2 for the NES.....aghhh, i really need to watch my money, i just can't help it hehe. Oh, and then there's the rest of the TMNT cartoon series on DVD, the toys and random merchandise, must have it all, arghhh lol

it only came out for Famicom, however you can get the repro game here: http://www.gamereproductions.com/products.php?product=Cocoron
its like Mega Man but you make your own characters...please please please consider getting this game, its in english on the repro, battery backup and passwords, and the replay is high because of the charcter customization. it takes a month for the games to arrive but its well worth it.
i have two brand new Famicom versions and this repro. its terribly awesome and you should youtube it to see

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

409. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

it only came out for Famicom, however you can get the repro game here: http://www.gamereproductions.com/products.php?product=Cocoron
its like Mega Man but you make your own characters...please please please consider getting this game, its in english on the repro, battery backup and passwords, and the replay is high because of the charcter customization. it takes a month for the games to arrive but its well worth it.
i have two brand new Famicom versions and this repro. its terribly awesome and you should youtube it to see

TMNT III: Radical Rescue for the GB:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-III-Radical-...

TMNT 4 for SNES aint hard to cop at all man

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

410. Posted:

Well, TMNT3 GB was cheap on amazon last year (only like $8), now it's up to $20. :(

I decided to finally re-buy Kid Dracula for the GB. Had it as a kid, but it was so short and easy. Figure if I want to play it again, better buy before the prices go completely insane. Too bad I probably can't afford to replace the manual (I had kept all mine). :P
Also, a really obscure Super Famicom action/RPG called Yaiba. $8 loose? And it's possibly a rare game? (Hits Buy it Now without hesitation.) :)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

411. Posted:

NES Ghosts 'N Goblins, for about $7, a couple hours ago

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

phoenix1818

412. Posted:

Finallty got around to getting Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, years after selling my copy when my Master System broke. I'm about half way through now, and it's just as good as I remembered it (I still remember all the secret doors!). I'm trying out the FM sound chip version, and while it's still good, I think I prefer the original 8-Bit PSG music.

phoenix1818

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

413. Posted:

@KingMike

On Amazon.ca there's a copy of TMNTIII: Radical Rescue going for around $50, I'm kind of suprised I haven't snaged it by now. lol Let alone it's the only copy left unless those sellers on Amazon.com are willing to ship to Canada.

Anyways, I recently just got....

Untitled

I now Have SMB1, SMB2 and now SMB3 Complete and in brilliant condition aside from my other older stand alone cartridge copies which I've had for a long time. I just need Super Mario World 'complete' along with Mario 64 and Sunshine. Super Mario World is pretty darn pricey....I'd have to drop over $100 to get it complete, but it's worth it imo. B-)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

414. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

TMNT III: Radical Rescue for the GB:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-III-Radical-...

TMNT 4 for SNES aint hard to cop at all man

TMNT 4 is totaly common for sure, but Radical Rescue is another story. I live in Canada so I'm probably going to have to dish the $50 for that 1 single copy off Amazon.ca. But I'm a little tight on cash at the momento, so i'll let it slide for now...:p

AuthorMessage

noblo601

415. Posted:

Bought Metroid Fusion... it's the first Metroid game I've sunk my teeth into and I'm loving it. Looking forward to purchasing Other M and Super Metroid...

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

416. Posted:

noblo601 wrote:

Bought Metroid Fusion... it's the first Metroid game I've sunk my teeth into and I'm loving it. Looking forward to purchasing Other M and Super Metroid...

Metroid Fusion looks awesome, i definitly need to get that one. As for the prime franchise, I have a feeling I'll never get around to playing 2: Echoes for the Wii. 3 was amazing, yet i had a love/hate relationship with the first prime. But I don't think i could go through another Prime experience on the Wii......Definitly Nintendo's Next console, but at this point, i'm not too sure with Echoes. Not only because it's considered the weakest of the 3 but because i fear that it's going to offer anothe familur experience all over again.

I'd much rather play Fusion, Other M and Zero Mission instead.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

417. Posted:

If you're patient, you can get a copy of Radical Rescue for a reasonable price. I watched an Ebay auction on one and it went for 8 bucks with shipping.

@noblo601 - As you'll see, the Metroid series is great. I still think Prime Echoes is the best game.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

KingMike

418. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Super Mario World is pretty darn pricey....I'd have to drop over $100 to get it complete, but it's worth it imo. B-)

That's understandable. Most people probably got the got the game with the console (or SMAS+W, only sold alone in Europe). And I imagine of the relative few who bought it separate, even fewer kept the box.
Same thing with Tetris for Game Boy.

I ordered Monster Party for NES, and I had a weird dream that I can't remember too much except I suddenly felt a need to play Battle Cars for SNES, even though I never played it before. Lucky I found one cheap. :D

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

419. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Super Mario World is pretty darn pricey....I'd have to drop over $100 to get it complete, but it's worth it imo. B-)

That's understandable. Most people probably got the got the game with the console (or SMAS+W, only sold alone in Europe). And I imagine of the relative few who bought it separate, even fewer kept the box.
Same thing with Tetris for Game Boy.

I ordered Monster Party for NES, and I had a weird dream that I can't remember too much except I suddenly felt a need to play Battle Cars for SNES, even though I never played it before. Lucky I found one cheap. :D

Monster Party was awesome! i love playing that game, nice move

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

420. Posted:

Hah, Monster Party was one of the weirdest Nes titles I got my hands on! :p
That game slaughtered me back in the day, i honestly don't know what to think of it. It's got this odd little quirky charm about it and the boss battles were pretty funky and oddball, but yeesh was it challenging.

Edited on by WaveBoy