Retro Forum

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Showing 441 to 460 of 3,414

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

441. Posted:

@Tasuki
I kind of wished I got him complete with the actual weapons he came with. I only payed $7- $8 for this, but with the Complete version it costs around almost $30-$35. eek! :p And aside from Napoleon Bonafrogs different look based on the action figure, Shredder's action figure especially has always bugged me. It's such a big departure from what he looks like in the cartoon, they royally screwed him up big time.lol

Untitled
As for Napoleon Bonafrog....Yup, what an insane difference. Why in earth would they change his design for the toy!? :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

442. Posted:

Mischief Makers. Got it for $11 dollars, half of which was paid with store credit.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

443. Posted:

@Waveboy: I still have all the weapons and accessories that came with my TMNT figures I kept them all in an old lunch box lol. As far as the Shredder figure went I totally hate that figure. The thing that bugged me most was the fact that he had no shirt just the cape, when in the cartoon did he ever run around shirtless. It bugged me soooo much that I took modeling paint and paint his chest gray so it at least looked like he had a shirt on lol, Of course doing that probably dropped the value of it big time but at that time I didnt care.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

444. Posted:

Napoleon Bonafrog... way to make may me go way back in the old memory bank :P Hillarious that the action figure looked nothing like the animated character. I also never knew that Shreeder was shirtless? Did the action figure company (assuming Kenner???) even work with those of the animated series?

Here is my latest retro purchase. I never thought I would get one of these...
Untitled
My cost $11.74 shipped!!! B-)

The best news is I can now play this...
Untitled

Contra: Hard Corps, you are now offically in my sights :D Also, other recommendations for Genesis would be greatly appreciated, I own Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3 so don't need those games.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

445. Posted:

@Ryno: OMG killer purchase dude congrats. Castlevania Bloodlines is one I seriously need to get especially before I play Portrait of Ruin on the DS. Grats again dude you must be totally stoked.

And yes The Shredder's action figure was shirtless I would post a pic but I dont know how lol, and it was Playmates that made the action figure if my memory serves me right.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

446. Posted:

@Tasuki: Thanks Dude! I am excited to add the Genesis (specifically Bloodlines) to my retro collection. I am surprised you dont have it, have you played it before? As far as posting pictures, just use MediaFire to upload and share your files and WHAALAA, easy as pie! B-)

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

447. Posted:

Just got Tales of Destiny. Cost me $60 but I'm sure it;ll be worth it.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

448. Posted:

@Ryno: I have the Genesis 2 model (Along with the CD add on) which I had since I was a kid but I never did get Bloodlines heck I never even played it. Every time I went to rent it when I was a kid it was always checked out, and I was the only one of my group of friends that owned a Genesis so I couldnt even play it at a friends house. As far as my Genesis goes I just need to get the yellow white and red cables for it and I am good to go.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Splat

449. Posted:

Wish I still had my Genesis was a big fan. :(

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

450. Posted:

Just ordered this baby :3

Untitled

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

451. Posted:

@bonesy91 What is all included with te "Collector's Edition?" Is it just that the cartridge is gold. Nevertheless, that is awesome. I never had a N64, I went from SNES to PSX so I missed out on the N64. Maybe someday I will pick up a N64 and add it to my retro collection.

Since the "latest retro purchase" thread has been slow I had to get something. The box doesn't look like the greatest condition but oh well. Per tracking number should be to me tomorrow!
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

452. Posted:

@Ryno: The "Collectors Edition" of Zelda: OoT on the N64 is that the cartridge is gold (Which means alot if your a Zelda fan) and on the box there is that fancy sticker on the top of a normal box. Still it was one of the hardest collectors edition of a game to get at the time.

Nice purchase there on Ducktales makes me want to pull mine out of storage and play it again. :D And what is that a page out of the Nintendo Power review of Ducktales?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

453. Posted:

@Tasuki Thanks for the response, I am a Zelda fan, so I do know all about the gold cartridges! :) I recently bought Zelda II: The Adventure of Link complete. Not the best copy but for $9.50 shipped, can't complain :D

Untitled

Also, I did not get DuckTales today :( Yeah, the auction also included "some pages from a magazine to help with gameplay" which I am guessing it will be Nintendo Power! Have you ever played DuckTales 2? I also want to get Rescue Rangers, do you have that too? Is your NES and all your games in storage? Someday when I get a house I totally am designating a room for displaying my retro collection, which, has really only begun! B-)

I received this today though. Now all I need is NG III ($$$$$) and my inner-ninja will feel a little more complete.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

454. Posted:

having yer own retro game room is totally worth it...and i hope everyone that wants one or is building one gets everything they want.

now playing: cosmo police galivan-famicom/nes
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

455. Posted:

@Ryno: Yep I have played Ducktales 2 although that one is a bit harder to find cause it was released at the end of the NES's life cycle. I didnt like it as much as the first one from what I remembered it was alot harder too. Yes I do have Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers on the NES as well both the first one and the second one. Just like Ducktales the first one was alot better in the first Rescue Rangers game, the best part of Rescue Rangers though is the co-op play.

I have my NES games in storage my NES I gave to my mother back when I moved out of my parents house cause that is the only video game system she will play. Well to make a long story short her NES stopped working so I gave her mine since it would be one less box to carry. I dont really regret it cause over the years she has used it a whole lot more than I would have, and fyi I got it on Christmas the year it came out in America and its still running strong. :D

As for the Zelda games I believe one The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II and Ocarina of Time only ever came out in gold cartridges. For some reason they never released A Link to the Past in a gold cartridge. And yes I have Legend of Zelda and Zelda II in gold cartridges as well as OoT.

Nice buy on Ninja Gaiden 2, that one was always my favorite of the series 3 was ok IMO but it just wasnt as good as 2. I enjoyed those games soooo much in my youth even though they were hard as heck lol. I have such fond memories of them that I couldnt bring myself to play the Xbox reboot of Ninja Gaiden lol. And just in case you were wondering I have both Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on the NES as well. :)

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

KingMike

456. Posted:

Majora's Mask came out in gold. All copies (at least NA) are gold, but the rarer version is also the duller version which only has a sticker label. If you want a really cheap copy of DuckTales 2, you could play the Game Boy version, which I think is the same game except a smaller screen and no color.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

457. Posted:

It's half-retro, but I just got Game & Watch Collection for DS in the mail two days ago.

Good game.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

458. Posted:

Ryno's going all out. B-)
Ducktales is easily in my Top 10 favorite Nes games, awesome that you got it CIB. How much did you pay for it?
And I LOVED Act 3-1 in Ninja Gaiden II, the track for it was also pretty damn awesome. Set the spooky mood and mixed nicely with the devlish tricky platforming in the dark. Too bad Gaiden II had that annoying and confusing Clone Item that got in the way of all the action. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

459. Posted:

Oh, I am so going all out WaveBoy! I can't even tell you the last time I bought a current generation game and I have a Wii and a PS3. I think it was probably Metorid Other M back in December. Right now I am just having fun collecting/playing spectacular NES, SNES, and Genesis games on there originally intended systems! :) I know I could get some of these titles a lot cheaper on VC but there is something about having the physical copies of the "Game Paks", manuals, and boxes especially this one I just received today. The writing for the manuals and boxes back then was incredibly cool.Untitled

Oh and how friggin' mega cool was Konami back in the late 80's and early 90's era of pure awesomeness? Since it is my 30th birthday today I will post this sweet advertisement.
Untitled
Now THAT'S marketing ;)

I got that copy of DuckTales for $23.00 shipped and the Nintendo Power pages were thrown in at no additional expense! B-) Crazy that someone would just give away Nintendo Power pages all willy nilly and care free lik that right? haha... The condition is alright, I may get the urge to upgrade to a nicer box. The manual is mint though so that is cool.

I haven't really played much of Ninja Gaiden II yet, I just tested it but I hear you on the clone thing. Ryu is a friggin' Ninja, he doesn't need a clone. I am waiting to finish Ninja Gaiden I before I play II and I got to 6-2 the other night but couldn't pass it and it was getting pretty late so I shut it off. No VC suspend feature for me! It will be back again from the beginning :P

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

460. Posted:

Picked up some more NES goodness:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And this hidden gem from the NES and it is sealed!
Untitled

Untitled

TMNT II and Vice Project Doom cost me $51.71 shipped B-)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery