Showing 1 to 20 of 25
1. Posted: Wed 20th May 2009 22:32 BST
I was discussing this with a mate the other day and came up with this:
1. Metroid Prime 1 (would prefer it on the Wii)2. Legend of Zelda Twilight (prefer it on the Wii)3. Resident Evil 4 (prefer it on the Wii)4. Super Smash Brothers Melee5. Legend of Zelda WindWaker6. Super Mario Sunshine7. Pikmin 28. Soul Calibre 29. Mario Kart Double Dash10. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
Just missed out: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Mario Power Tennis, Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX
I actually personally prefer Lego SW, DKJB and Mario P Tennis to Paper Mario but acknowledge Paper Mario is the superior game overall in terms of quality
Edited on Wed 20th May, 2009 @ 22:34 by LEGEND_MARIOID
"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."
2. Posted: Wed 20th May 2009 22:44 BST
I have yet to play Metroid Prime, but I'm going to grab it some time for my Cube. From the games I've played, I'd say:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door3. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker4. Super Mario Sunshine5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King6. LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy7. Mario Power Tennis
Note, it's not complete, since most of the games we own probably wouldn't be considered "greats". I stuck Return of the King on there because it's one of the best hack-n-slashers I've ever played. The level up system is extremely addictive.
I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it
3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa
3. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 00:27 BST
Out of the games I've personally played:1. Super Smash bros melee2. Mario Kart Double Dash3. Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker4. Metroid Prime5. Super Mario Sunshine6. Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door7. Prince of Persia The Sands of Time8. Super Mario Strikers9. Mario Party 510. NFL Street Football
3DS: 4081-5713-4255wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359Brawl: 3866 8155 2677MK: 4167 4898 3288excite bots: 1848 9258 6300
4. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 00:39 BST
1.super smash bros melee2.mario kart double dash3.super mario strikers4.super mario sunshine5.sonic heroesi'm only doing 5 because i can't think of any other favorites
5. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 01:17 BST
1) Wind Waker2) Pikmin 23) Metroid Prime4) Pikmin5) nothing6) nothing7) nothing8) nothing9) nothing10) nothing
NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more
6. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:00 BST
@chicken brutus:Do you only have 4 games, or only 4 good games?
7. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:04 BST
1. Ikaruga2. Pikmin 23. I-Ninja4. Luigi's Mansion5. Zelda: Windwaker6. Mario Kart Double Dash7. Paper Mario: TTYD8. Super Monkey Ball 29. Wario Ware10. Super Mario Sunshine
Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square
8. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:09 BST
That's just my snarky way of saying the Game Cube was lousy.
In this humble chicken's opinion, that is. A handful (or less) of standout games, some flawed forays into series that were done better on other consoles (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario...), and a whole steaming pile o'crap. Mix it all together and you've got yourself a Game Cube.
9. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:10 BST
Top 10 GameCube games? I'm with Brutus, I can't even name 10.
A few that would be up there though are Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario, and Timesplitters 2.
Here's mine:1. Ikaruga
A store near me has a copy so I might go pick it up this week.
Edited on Thu 21st May, 2009 @ 02:10 by AlexSays
10. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:12 BST
1) Resident Evil 42) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes3) Soul Calibur 24) LoZ: TP5) LoZ:WW6) Mario Kart: DD7) Smash Bros. Melee8) Donkey Kong Jungle Beat9) F-Zero GX10) Sonic Adventure Battle 2/DX
Edited on Thu 21st May, 2009 @ 02:14 by Chatham
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPSN Name: EricChathamWii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527 Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...The #2 hookadikkaI have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...
11. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 02:13 BST
I think Mario Golf is the only game that improved on the N64 version.
Even Soul Calibur 2 wasn't as good as the Dreamcast original.
Edited on Thu 21st May, 2009 @ 02:15 by CowLaunch
12. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 05:37 BST
1. Smash Brothers Melee2. Ikaruga3. Four Swords Adventures4. Metroid Prime5. Mario Kart6. Fire Emblem7. Pac-Man Versus8. Warioware9. Mario Tennis10. Pikmin 2
The top 5 were really the only standout games to me. I bought the system solely for Melee, and I could probably have been just as happy buying no other games. Too bad I didn't think of that then.
EDIT: Forgot about Fire Emblem. Goodbye, Paper Mario. I didn't like you that much anyway.
Edited on Thu 21st May, 2009 @ 14:26 by Adam
Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.
13. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 05:39 BST
@Adam: Didn't like Wind Waker??
14. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 05:47 BST
I like all the 3D Zeldas, but I'm not crazy about them. I find all of them to be letdowns compared to the 2D series. Wind Waker's sailing bored me to tears, but other parts made up for it. It was an average game.
15. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 06:04 BST
1 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes2 - Metroid Prime3 - Legend of Zelda- Wind Waker4 - Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess5 - Mario Sunshine6 - Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door7 - Killer 7... Not done on purpose8 - Super Smash Bros. Melee9 - Resident Evil 410 - Mario Kart: Double Dash
So yeah a bit of odd placements for some but an overall good list of course IMO. I'm one of the few who thought MP2:E was like godlyness compared to MP1. Killer 7 was a great underrated game. Go play it!
16. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 06:10 BST
I initially was one of those weirdos who preferred Echoes to Prime, but since playing both my opinion's wavered and I've changed my mind. Both were good games, though I couldn't see playing through Echoes again.
17. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 06:20 BST
1- Zelda: Wind Waker2- Metroid Prime3- Resident Evil 44- Pikmin 2
5- Super Smash Bros Melee6- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat7- Viewtiful Joe8- Ikaruga9- Eternal Darkness10- Super Monkey Ball 2
I draw a line after #4 because I consider the top 4 titles the masterpieces of GameCube... They actually should be on the same spot. For the rest of the chart, I avoided repetitions, although in some cases there were good games from the same series already present (Metroid Prime 2 and Pikmin above all).I didn't play any RpG's, but I know that there were a couple good games there (e.g. Tales of Symphonia). I just recently got Paper Mario but still haven't played it, I think it's a candidate for the Top 10. I haven't considered Twilight Princess, because I played it on Wii and consider it a Wii game.And I didn't put Super Mario Sunshine on purpose if you're wondering.
18. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 06:50 BST
Top Ten(plus ten more):1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door3. Metroid Prime4. Resident Evil 45. Pikmin 26. Super Mario Sunshine7. Tales of Symphonia8. Skies of Arcadia Legends9. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance10. Alien Hominid11. Ikaruga12. Viewtiful Joe13. Beyond Good & Evil14. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes15. Animal Crossing16. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat17. Mario Kart: Double Dash18. Super Smash Bros. Melee19. Eternal Darkness20. Super Monkey Ball 2
Edited on Thu 21st May, 2009 @ 06:54 by WolfRamHeart
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart
19. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 07:29 BST
I like all the 3D Zeldas, but I'm not crazy about them.
I feel this way about all Zelda games.
If I had to choose between a new Wii Fit and a new Zelda I'd go with the new Wii Fit.
The only reason I bought Wind Waker is because I loved how it looked and it fits nicely in my collection.
20. Posted: Thu 21st May 2009 07:31 BST
The 2-D Zelda titles are among my all-time favorites, but the 3-D titles I could take or leave.