Forums

Topic: Late 80's arcade game I need help finding the name of

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

EvilRegal

Hi there. This may sound like a bit of an odd post, but there was an arcade game I played ONCE when I was a kid, at a 7-11 circa mid-1989 that I'm trying to find out the name of. Not sure I ever knew the name of it.

There are just some things I remember about it. If memory serves right, it was a 2 player (or vs. computer) fighting game, with the characters dressed like gladiators (or wearing the armor of some era). And when one player got hit, it would knock a piece of their armor off, al a Arthur in Ghosts 'n Goblins.

Only remember playing it once, but on occasion it's driven me nuts not knowing what it's called. One of those odd personal things where not knowing gets under your skin. I THINK it was a fighting game. Don't remember a traditional side-scroller aspect to it. Thanks for any help/hints, etc.!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

EvilRegal

Yup, that's it! Went to YouTube and checked it out. I can rest in peace now, LOL! And to think I mentioned "gladiator" in the post... Guess that makes it a "what's the website for Amazon.ca?" moment for me, hee hee! Thank you for ending a decades-old curiosity! Man, like mid-late 80s were great for arcade games. Konami, Capcom, Taito, Sega... awesome era.

Edited on by EvilRegal

EvilRegal

Watching the YouTube videos, it really sticks out what ENORMOUS FRIGGIN SPRITES those are for a 1986 game! I guess after playing so many fighting games with big sprites, that's what gave me the impression that it was a fighting game. And my, what they get away with elsewhere that would have censors and congressmen screaming bloody murder here. In the Japanese version, there's a female boss in the second stage. If you knock off her breastplate, you get, well, breasts! o_O

Alicebowie1978

Just registed hey everyone lm alice bowie;)I NEED HELP FINDING A VERY RARE ARCADE GAME FROM THE 8OS (8O-89)IT'S SO RARE I HAVEN'T SCENE IT AGIAN IN ALL MY 39 YEARS OF TRAVELS ON THIS PLANET.I DON'T THINK IT'S nintendo...given the weird surrealistic random plot it's prob from overseas.As a kid the first arcade game l had scene was not in a pizzera or a arcade...it was strangely... in a deserted lodge at a man made beach/ pond type of location.l snuck off from my family because my older sister was a brat and l needed to "do my own thing"l hear the electronic music from outside the door and was tickled pink to see no one else there that day.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE HERO WAS A FURY ANIMAL(bear?)WIZARD IN A PURPLE HOODED 1 PIECE...the game itself is set up like pacman...except instead of white dots... you pick up (red?)gemstones!
The viilans are even weirder...mean as sh!t dead trees...simular to the mean trees in wizard of Oz with their roots being their feet! They'd chase you around trying to prevent you from living to collect the red gemstones...collect them all you get to pass to the next level...no weapons no defences...just death, wizard animals and pyshco zombie trees. lol PLEASE HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE I'VE BEEN TO OTHER VIDEO GAME SITE'S AND GOOGLE!!

Alicebowie1978

the_shpydar

Yeah, almost certain you're speaking of Crystal Castles:
Untitled
Developed by Atari, originally released in 1983.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Alicebowie1978

@faint THANK YOU SO MUCH!! YOUR MY HERO! IT WAS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT THAT I REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE I LOST ALL MY MEMORIES IN 2010 I HAD A BRAIN SESIZURE AND HAD TOO RETEACH MYSELF how to speak walk write and think...you have given back far more then just a name...thanks to you l finally remember more then just quick flashes! I remembered not only the lodges interior but even that weird 8os smell.
Yikes,the days before fabreeze huh!

Alicebowie1978

GrailUK

@faint I read your response after the original post...hahaha.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Alicebowie1978

@the_shpydar THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT WAS IT!! YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! THIS MYSTRY WAS ESPECIALLY IN NEED OF SOLVING BECAUSE I AS I MENTIONED TO @faint l LOST ALL MY MEMORIES DUE TO A BRAIN SEIZURE IN 2010...I LITERALLY COULDN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING NOT EVEN how to speak write walk or think...l did the Beatrix kiddo thing and just slowly pushed myself into rehibilitation...seeing as how l had no medical for professional treatment.BECAUSE OF YOUR RESPONCE I FINALLY HAVE MORE THEN quick flashes of childhood memory! l can now.VIVIDLY SEE the lodges interior...even that weird smell that was in the room (typical in the days before fabreeze)

Alicebowie1978

ogo79

this thread is older than my grandmother

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Alicebowie1978

@GrailUK THANK YOU! I TRY TO KEEP MY SENCE OF HUMOUR WHEN I CAN.I THINK ALL GAMERS OVER 18 ARE SEXY!! LOL

Alicebowie1978

GrailUK

@Alicebowie1978 Aaahhh I remember being 18. (shh ...I don't really!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Alicebowie1978

HEHH HEEHH.STILL even after all the memories that have returned...when l do see old pictures of myself from 18 or less it's not filmiluar...it looks like a stranger with my eyes and nose! Haahaa haaaa

Alicebowie1978

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.