Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,201 to 9,220 of 11,914

Banjo-

@BruceCM Yes. I assume if Xbox One X was more supported regarding enhancements than Pro because on Xbox One X enhancements are easier to apply the same might happen again. In any case, Series X is more powerful (and has fixed clocks unlike PS5 which has variable and lower clocks) than PS5 so at least brute force will work better on Series X. It will be interesting.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Can't say I know that much about all the tech stuff, especially for PS, @BlueOcean .... Since XBox games are all coming to PC, along with most of the PS ones, I won't need either next console

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

I wonder whether Microsoft's June thing for Xbox 20/20 was the Smart Delivery article.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Ubisoft promised actual gameplay for Valhalla at their event in July & that was the worst offender .... Dunno what MS might be planning for it's monthly update this time, hopefully some more games?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal While the next event is July, Microsoft said monthly Series X info which makes me think June's info may have been the Smart Delivery article though on the other hand we learned absolutely nothing new from that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

In July's event, I expect more about Halo Infinite, Hellblade II and Grounded that launches next month. I suspect that Forza Motorsport 8 will be revealed.

What I would like Microsoft to show?

Firstly, Banjo-Kazooie, because it's about time and Nintendo has Mario and PlayStation has Ratchet & Clank.

Secondly, Fable, because it could and should become an epic next-gen RPG adventure.

This is what Xbox needs the most. Then they should add some RPG games including Japanese stuff like Final Fantasy VII Remake, a Dragon Quest collection and the new one (XI). And Project Zero/Fatal Frame although I know this is complicated. Western RPGs will also appear because of the profile of some Xbox Game Studios. Perfect Dark would be a great addition to Series X because although there's Halo, Perfect Dark like Goldeneye 007 is a combination of shooting, infiltration and James Bond style, so it's quite unique.

Banjo-

Dezzy

Do we have a date for the event? I saw the Halo twitter said something Halo related. So I hope the big Infinite reveal is rather close.

BlueOcean wrote:

Secondly, Fable, because it could and should become an epic next-gen RPG adventure.

Yeah I'm really hoping for a Fable 4 reveal. The first 2 Fable games were so damn good, and they sold a pretty decent number of copies too, so it never made any sense to stop the series as they did.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy We still only know that the big event is in July.

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, kinda weird that there isn't even a date, so close to the actual event. You'd think that they'd announce it well ahead of time...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

@ThanosReXXX Depends whether the event is early in the month or late in the month. If the event is in the 2nd half of July, I wouldn't expect an announcement by now.

Grumblevolcano

Banjo-

@Dezzy Yeah.

To be totally honest, this is the piece of "E3" 2020 I'm more excited about. It feels like Microsoft has gone through a windy storm this generation thanks to Don Mattrick and they're finally seeing the rainbow. New studios, new games and the most powerful next-generation console. Coming soon.

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

"Most powerful" may be a red herring though if the faster hard drive on the PS5 makes a lot of difference.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Justifier

Dezzy wrote:

@BlueOcean

"Most powerful" may be a red herring though if the faster hard drive on the PS5 makes a lot of difference.

That's true, but when comparing with pure power Xbox is on top. I think PS5 SSD will help Sonys exclusive titles, third party games it only means slightly faster load times.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
I don't mean to be negative but the most powerful machine doesn't mean anything for me if the games library on Xbox Series X doesn't have something like on PS5. I still don't see any interesting Xbox series X 1st party games (i really need the family friendly games) that really made me want to consider Xbox Series X. If Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and Astro Playroom already impressed me from PS5, i didn't see any interesting games from Xbox series X so far. If the games are 3rd party Multi release consoles, i will definetely consider the PlayStation version as the PlayStation version are easily to be founded in my country than the Xbox version as Xbox brand is really dead in my country. And also, the design of PS5 machine with White and Black color scheme looked more interesting to me than Xbox Series X machine design that looked like a long cuboid with not interesting Black color.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@Dezzy I think that PS5 will load games faster but won't make a big difference when Series X SSD is already extremely fast (2 vs. 4 seconds). Perhaps some exclusive PS5 games will load textures or regions better although the Ratchet & Clank trailer didn't convince me.

Banjo-

Banjo-

Anti-Matter wrote:

i didn't see any interesting games from Xbox series X so far. If the games are 3rd party Multi release consoles

Because they haven't shown all first-party games yet! That's in July but to be honest we all know you won't like anything Xbox-related unless @Yosheel's theory is true and you're fighting your inner Xbox tendencies...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

Justifier wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

@BlueOcean

That's true, but when comparing with pure power Xbox is on top. I think PS5 SSD will help Sonys exclusive titles, third party games it only means slightly faster load times.

That's right.

Anyways, I'm very excited because Xbox One journey hasn't been easy and we're supposed to see what Phil and Xbox Game Studios have been preparing for next generation.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal My guess is a mixture so something like the following.

Not yet released:

• Halo Infinite
  • Hellblade 2
  • Flight Simulator
  • Gears Tactics
  • Everwild
  • Grounded
  • Wasteland 3
  • 2-3 unannounced upcoming 1st party games (including Forza Motorsport 8)
  • Some 3rd party games

Already released but new content at the event:

• Gears 5
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Master Chief Collection

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano That's a fair point, I suppose. But I would say "under normal circumstances", which these are obviously not. For all intent and purposes, this July event is (part of) their "replacement" E3 presentation, so creating some extra buzz is a good thing. They've been doing that already by mentioning the event itself off and on for several weeks now, but never with a date, which in that respect, taking into account that they are clearly hyping it up, is a bit odd.

But I guess we'll get a date soon enough, because it's not too far away now.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic