Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,601 to 7,620 of 7,763

DarthNocturnal

Halo Reach on MCC. Kinda bummed that campaign and Firefight are sold separately, but seeing as how multiplayer is the biggest part anyway, I figure it won't cost much more then ODST.

Also, did the Forza Horizon 4 xCloud bit seem.... fake, to anyone else?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Grumblevolcano

@DarkRula Hot Wheels was announced on 26th April with 9th May release date so 2nd expansion for Forza Horizon 4 will probably be announced during either April or May Inside Xbox.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Did you think so? I thought it was only slightly short of being worthless and a waste of my precious free time. Too much blabla about Xbox games coming to PC, then that worthless piece about gaming university, followed by semi-old news in the form of that special controller, The Division 2, Final Fantasy remakes, DayZ and Project xCloud. I think the One Piece game was the only truly new game in the entire presentation, but I'm not even sure about that one.

And the presentation team itself was horrible. All edgy, semi-pierced and former-skinhead kinda types.
Not really my kinda girls. Not even close...

As for the quality of Xbox One units: I think you just experienced a REALLY bad run of bad luck, because I literally know nobody, either in my own environment or online, that has had so much trouble with his Xbox purchases. Back in the Xbox 360 days, I did know of several people who had a Red Ring of Death, but that was also a far more common problem.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

@Grumblevolcano Right... I suppose the fact they couldn't say much regarding Update 8 for the game means it'll probably be on the Horizon 4 Update 8 stream... But I really want to see what it is!

I say I don't get caught up in the hype of announcements yet here I am creating my own and getting caught in them.

@ThanosReXXX I felt the main two hosts at least had good stage presence, and while the announcements were old news, they at least didn't overstay their welcome and kept me engaged with the talk. That's the least you can hope for any live event.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Mjeh... I only liked the more normal girl, who stood in the middle when there were three of them.
Or rather: woman, because I think she was already a bit older. But still the most normal looking regardless.

I've always found that if anyone's appearance is too distracting, that I can't listen to them anymore, or that them talking seems to take WAY longer than with people that don't distract me with their edgy, punky looks...

Next time, they need less blabla and more games. And just let Major Nelson present it. He's far more experienced and better at it. Screw edgy. That was already old hat in the late 90's...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

^^^ wow, what a comment.

Really have high hopes for xCloud. Just bought a year of PS Now and it works great, hopefully 5his works just as well. Though the vague "we will be starting public tests later this year" was a bit concerning for how soon this will actually be out.

Overall that was really the only thing that interests me. Glad this one was shorter then the last one.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

The only thing that interested me with that Inside Xbox was Halo Reach for MCC, though that was worth watching it for. It seems like the Halo SXSW stream on Sunday will provide further details on that and the PC release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

You people have really low expectations in what interested you. XCloud and games? Screw that! They announced another new controller! I mean, come on!

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Dezzy

Cool, I'm glad I held off buying Reach for backcompat.

Did they say what improvements it would have, if any?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I guess Age of Empires news must have been just a rumour then?

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Nothing really shocking about my comment, if that's what you meant to say. It's just an honest opinion. I always say what I think or express how I feel and I don't like mincing/covering words. I realize that this can sometimes come across as harsh or (way) too direct, but I'd rather be like that, than be some ambiguous sneak with a hidden agenda.

@FragRed The Limited Edition one? Yeah, that was nice, but it'll probably be sold out before most of us will ever have a chance to get their hands on one...

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that was about the only interesting thing indeed. And personally, I also enjoy the One Piece games, so that one goes on the maybe list, but other than that, I found it a rather lukewarm affair over the whole. Don't really know what else I could have realistically expected, but in my opinion, most of the previous Inside Xbox events were better and/or had more games/game footage.

On a side note: too bad, though, and a bad decision in my opinion that they offer the multiplayer part of Reach for free, and not the campaign. They say they want new players to get to know the beginning of the Halo saga, but apparently, if you want to know it, you have to pay extra, but if you take a moment to consider what it is and how it fits into the collection, it's actually kind of weird that it was never a part of it from the start, because in that sense (of introducing new players to the world and the (back)story), it's rather essential to the whole saga, whereas the multiplayer adds nothing to the story.

And personally, I couldn't care less about multiplayer, so I think it should be the other way around. Like all things online: if you want to use it, pay for it, otherwise, you can still only play offline, which makes the campaign part the far more logical choice for being the free part of the entire offering.

But then again; who am I but a simple disadvantaged customer that's now already annoyed at this bad decision...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX That's alright, they'll announce another controller during the next Inside Xbox

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed And if all else fails, we could always get the Adaptive Controller instead...

redd214

Anyone have any experience with Astro headsets? Specifically the A10s, looking to maybe get a couple pairs for the kids and looking at their controller too. Any feedback on reliability from anybody

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@ThanosReXXX Nah, the setup makes sense about Reach. Gaming's reached a point where multiplayer DLC is problematic for the stability of an install base meanwhile single player DLC doesn't cause disruption. Even Nintendo's doing this with games like Splatoon 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano It might make sense from their point of view, but as a customer, I don't give a rat's @ss about disruption amongst whatever or whoever. I care about companies not BS-ing me, and that's what actually IS happening here.

Saying you want people to know the full Halo story/saga, but subsequently saying that you will only be able to do so by paying for it, while it SHOULD have been a part of a Halo collection in the first place, is sending out a REALLY poor message, far as I'm concerned. And between all the other Halo games on offer in the collection,
I don't see too many people taking an interest or putting time and energy in Reach's multiplayer, so the focus should be on the campaign part, plain and simple. (edit: the reason why I feel so strongly about this, is because they themselves keep talking about "completing" the saga/story, and you do that with the campaign, NOT with the multiplayer component)

Personally, I'd rather sooner say that gaming's reached a point where multiplayer (and/or its DLC) has become an annoying predominance over the ACTUAL substance of a game's own content and story line, to a point where some games feel like they simply have a couple of hours of single player content tacked on, just to appease those players, like me, who aren't really all that invested/interested in online multiplayer. It used to be the other way around, and that was the best deal: you had this great game that you could play, and once you'd finished it, you could extent its longevity by taking on your friends in online multiplayer, or replaying the campaign WITH your friends in online co-op mode to gain extra points or unlock more stuff.

But all that is gone or turned upside down now, and that, in and of itself, is a crying shame. Unfortunately, it's here to stay, so it's adapt or quit, in most cases, so more and more and slowly but surely, I'm driven towards retro gaming, and/or finally being able to address my humongous backlog. Which, now I've said it, actually doesn't even sound too much like a bad thing...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Ohh, I stopped following, is Reach really coming to MCC finally?! I've wanted to play that...still have a sealed 360 copy. MCC treatment would be great!

@ThanosReXXX I certainly don't mind them charging for Reach....that's represents a lot of manpower to retool, which is new work that isn't free and wasn't factored into the original purchase price (and subsequent deep discounts.) That's fair. Multiplayer for free is weird, but I guess they make the money back on Live for that os it's not "really" free, but free for subscribers in a sense (can't do much with it without subscribing.) If there weren't subscriptions attached to online, I really doubt online would be "free". You're paying for it. Even if you don't play it. Though I agree with you about games tacking on single player just to appease use. Online sports arena shooting really doesn't appeal to me, it feels like a time waster rather than an experience to remember.

@redd214 That depends. Do you listen to hard drives, or hear consoles whispering to you from 500ft away like some of us? Do you fret over pre-ringing and transient response? If the answer to all of the above is "no", Astros are great value, and reasonably reliable (though the wireless charging bases tend to be iffy for wireless models.) SQ isn't bad either, but if you're a little more picky about sound and want something a little better, but still gaming oriented, check out SteelSeries as well (plus of course traditional audio companies, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc. But in the dedicated gaming sphere, I do tend to prefer SteelSeries, but Astro's a runner-up for sure.)

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia thanks. Sound quality isn't the biggest deal, I'm buying them for my kiddos so I think even the entry level will be adequate. Use the Sony Platinum headset for myself, works terrifically! And no I'm not quite as sensitive as some of you guys lol. But I have actually run into an issue with the S. Something is wrong with the disc drive unfortunately. Bought Into the Spiderverse for my sons birthday and tried playing it and it won't read either of the Blurays. This is actually the first time a disc has even been in it since I bought this one in November. Going to be taking it back to BB to hopefully get an exchange here soon so not a huge deal.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 I'd actually looked into the platinums for PSVR but saw a ton of bad reviews for cracking headbands, and in the process realized the SteelSeries wireless I had actually fits over the visor nicely, and can be wired to the jack. That's unfortunately about the disc drive! Yuck! Does BB take things back that long after purchase, or did you get a GeekSquad (ugh, I hate that name) warranty?

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia have had the platinums for a couple years I think and haven't had any issues. Of course I use them pretty infrequently to be honest. Yeah I got the GS warranty. Have a family member who works there and gives me some let's say very consumer friendly deals lol. Doesn't cost too much extra and am glad I got it in this case.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic