Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,601 to 7,620 of 11,914

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Cool, @BlueOcean ... Not too bothered about the fancy controller, TBH but I can trade it in for a wired one, save on batteries or something
Is anyone aware of any nice colour One S consoles?

It's not fancy, it's the best gaming thing ever, trust me! Everyone that have used it will tell you.

You can plug any Xbox One controller into any Xbox One console with the included USB cable and not use batteries, which is what I usually do. You don't need batteries with Xbox One at all.

Morpheel wrote:

There's the regular white which looks nice. I think they also released a black one at some point?Right now there's a fortnite bundle that comes with a dark purple S. And some time ago they released one colored like a Minecraft block. It's pretty nice looking, although it could be a bit rare now.

Black? I haven't seen any black Xbox One S. Off the top of my head there are the white that he doesn't want (standard and All-Digital Edition), the Minecraft and the Fortnite.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Cool, @BlueOcean ... There's a nice blue XBox (Forza or something), only I think it's original model, since places I'm looking usually specify

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

@BlueOcean it's apparently the battlefield 1 special edition. It's dark green. Although it looks gray in some pictures.

Edit: it apparently comes in both colors?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Elite 2 has the right idea, follow Nintendo and Sony's idea to have internal battery wireless controllers (PS4 dualshock, Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro controller, Switch Pro controller, Switch Joy-Con). Now if only Microsoft applies that to normal Scarlett controllers.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Well, I was thinking of going for the 1TB rather than 500GB.... Trying to decide if I really need that much storage

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Chances are you will

These games get heavy even if you buy them physical.

And you do plan to use gamepass.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Morpheel wrote:

Chances are you will

These games get heavy even if you buy them physical.

And you do plan to use gamepass.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking! I think the small one should be fine, though....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM You'll run out of space either way, it's all about the external hard drive you choose.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Cool, @BlueOcean ... There's a nice blue XBox (Forza or something), only I think it's original model,

Yes, the original model also got different editions... Oh, in case anyone is interested, you can even design your own Xbox One controller if you want.
https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-gb/?rtc=1

Morpheel wrote:

@BlueOcean it's apparently the battlefield 1 special edition. It's dark green. Although it looks gray in some pictures.
Edit: it apparently comes in both colors?

I had not idea about that Xbox One S edition. It's true but the weird thing is that this box doesn't even say "Xbox One S", wtf...
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2016/09/xbox-...

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Elite 2 has the right idea, follow Nintendo and Sony's idea to have internal battery wireless controllers (PS4 dualshock, Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro controller, Switch Pro controller, Switch Joy-Con). Now if only Microsoft applies that to normal Scarlett controllers.

Is it "the right idea" though? I'd rather have removeable batteries. An internal battery usually means that when the battery dies, the controller dies, and this is a high-quality and expensive controller. EDIT: AND you can always get a rechargeable battery pack, and put it inside. You can't tell that it's in there.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Oh, actually, I now find there's both a Forza blue original Xbox & a One S, @BlueOcean .... Only the 500GB One S, though? Or the red Gears 2 TB One S, for £200 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

I'm looking at pre-owned ones, @Morpheel .... Trying to work out if the 2TB size is worth it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

You'll probably find them at the similar prices to preowned ones by black friday.

Maybe the preowned ones/old bundles could go lower by then as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Banjo-

@BruceCM Copy the link so we can see them. I haven't seen the red Xbox One S before.

@Morpheel It's weird that "Xbox One S" is not printed on the box. I mean, it's not an Xbox One... I see the black one and the first thing I'd think is that it's the Xbox One X. Confusing...

They released Xbox One S in 500GB, 1TB and 2TB but the 2TB model was uncommon and if I remember correctly was the only one that included the vertical stand.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@BruceCM "Normal" games are around 30GB. Bigger games are around 50GB and huge games like Halo 5 are almost 100GB.

Banjo-

Eel

@BruceCM I have 46 games installed (game pass and rare replay bumped that bumber by quite a bit). My internal hard drive (1tb) is currently at 76%.

The biggest offenders contributing to that number I belive are Dragon Age Inquisition and Final Fantasy 15.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic