Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,581 to 7,600 of 11,914

BruceCM

Thanks! That'll save waiting for digital sales on plenty of games, particularly older ones Seems even XB1 games often get decent deals in Game, etc, as well ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

I don't have a single physical 360 game, all of them are digital. I collect a few physical Xbox One games but most of the times I paid more for them than what I would have paid digitally. For instance, Resident Evil 5 and 6 which didn't get a physical release in Europe and I bought imported US copies or the Steelbook edition of Resident Evil 7 that doesn't have the season pass.

Banjo-

Eel

I got 5 and 6 digitally for like 7 bucks each last Halloween.

By the way, @BruceCM you can actually start checking sales and stuff on the Xbox website, I bought many games before I even had the system.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Thanks, @Morpheel .... I'll always check prices in their store, too, obviously But, for instance, RDR2 & Vampyr are £20 each, pre-owned or 2 for £30

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

Morpheel wrote:

I got 5 and 6 digitally for like 7 bucks each last Halloween. The One versions, not 360.

By the way, @BruceCM you can actually start checking sales and stuff on the Xbox website, I bout many games before I even had th system.

Yes, I mean the Xbox One versions which are the ones that didn't get a physical release in Europe, the 360 versions of course did but I didn't have a 360 console. I have now all the main Resident Evil games on Xbox One (including Code Veronica which is backwards compatible) except 3 which isn't available on Xbox. Because Resident Evil 2 performed well commercially I hope that Capcom remakes Code Veronica and 3 using the same RE Engine (Resident Evil 7 and 2).

@BruceCM Definitely, start checking Gold and software deals, you missed the huge summer sale but more will come and there are weekly deals too:

https://majornelson.com/2019/07/01/this-weeks-deals-with-gold...

Like @Morpheel, I bought some games before I bought the console.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Ooh, Dragon Age Inquisition.... @BlueOcean! Or I can pick up the pre-owned disc for less than £10

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yeah but I'd also have to get Gold, @BlueOcean ... Pretty sure that adds up to more than 10 quid

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Yeah, it makes more sense if you are getting several games and you like the Games with Gold on offer, too bad you missed the summer sale, it had hundreds of old and new games.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Well, yeah, @BlueOcean ... I should be able to get the console in Black Friday sales, if not before, though Then, there'll be games also in those sales, so I'll probably get lots of them Will check XBox store for it's deals regularly & compare to local shops, etc, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Sure, the Black Friday digital sale is as epic as the E3/summer digital sale.

Banjo-

Banjo-

The first month of Ultimate (Gold + Game Pass) is 1 pound, euro or dollar, but he probably wants to see more deals with Gold and/or have the console before getting it. I don't know how long that special offer is going to last though.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Seems to be, @Morpheel & @BlueOcean
.... £1 for the first month of Live Gold & GamePass! Won't do that until I have the console, though; I can't play any of the games until then

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Oh, I just found an XBox One Elite Edition console .... Sorry but what, exactly, is that? Sadly, there only seems to be the white One S anywhere While there's some great looking original Xboxes

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Oh, I just found an XBox One Elite Edition console .... Sorry but what, exactly, is that? Sadly, there only seems to be the white One S anywhere While there's some great looking original Xboxes

Remember this...?

BlueOcean wrote:

@BruceCM I was Nintendo-only until this generation. I got a PS4 at launch, I only got and Xbox One when the Elite bundle was released in 2016, that's how I got my Elite controller, the best controller I have ever tried.

Xbox One Elite bundle is the original Xbox One console upgraded with a hybrid 1TB drive and bundled with the Elite controller. How much is that deal now?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Well, I didn't know what "Elite" meant, @BlueOcean ... Apart from I've heard of those controllers but hadn't realized there was a console as well
Pre-owned, £200? I'd just rather any other colour console than the white One S Black, grey, Red, green... Anything!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Well, if the bundle includes everything and it's all in good condition and you can see photos then it's a good deal because the Elite controller alone is currently being sold for £150 new on Amazon and it's worth it. This edition of the console is the same colour as the original model but with the upgraded 1TB hybrid drive. The colour is black, half is glossy and half is matt. It's a very silent console (I never heard it) and it loads slightly faster than the original model. It's also considerably bigger than the S and X (check comparison photos) and it has a power brick (like Wii and Wii U). The Elite Edition also includes a basic headset and a premium long and fabric-covered USB cable and an HDMI cable, of course. If you might upgrade to Scarlett in the future and if this bundle includes an Elite controller (which will be compatible) in good condition I would consider it.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Cool, @BlueOcean ... Not too bothered about the fancy controller, TBH but I can trade it in for a wired one, save on batteries or something
Is anyone aware of any nice colour One S consoles?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

There's the regular white which looks nice. I think they also released a black one at some point?

Right now there's a fortnite bundle that comes with a dark purple S.

And some time ago they released one colored like a Minecraft block. It's pretty nice looking, although it could be a bit rare now.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic