Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,581 to 7,600 of 7,802

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX Yeah I totally agree on the whole Flash animation look it has going for it. It feels cheap. Kind felt the same way about Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap when it was remade. Made me want to switch to the Master System art style.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Zuljaras

Going to pick up my Xbox One X Metro bundle. Fingers crossed that everything is OK

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras We'll send some positive vibes your way. Sending now...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

PikPi

Playing DMC V on my One X. The game plays beautifully, Capcom really struck gold when they made that RE Engine, too.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Setting it up right now (installing the required update) and it is dead silent! I have to put my ear IN it to hear the working HDD. I have to hear it after I install Assassin's Creed Origins and Fallout 4.

Update: I get a little coil whine with Assassin's Creed Origins but it is not load. It is good so far!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Good to hear. Would be nice if things finally worked out for you, no?

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Well the 4th One X was ok. It was painful.

The coil whine is still there but I guess that is the case with everything nowadays. If I am 2 meters away from the console (which is in the open before the TV) and the TV is muted I can't hear the coil whine.

I can now play in peace

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Don't forget to download the two free Crackdown games...
(or just the second game, if the free offer on the first one has expired)

Grumblevolcano

Don't forget that because of daylight savings, Inside Xbox starts in 55 minutes, not 1 hour 55 minutes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, all I can say to that is fair enough. But, the good thing about is, they're free, so I'd always suggest people to try before they judge. You can always delete it if you still don't like it. As the Dutch say:
you can't say that you don't like a certain food, if you've never even tasted it...

If you like games like GTA and/or Saints Row, then you'll probably like this as well. And videos just don't do a good job of conveying the feeling of playing them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano Depends on your region. Here in the Netherlands, our clock goes forward one hour in the night of Saturday the 30th of March (into Sunday), at 2am, so Inside Xbox still starts at the same time for me as it did last week.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

redd214

After playing CD 1 and 3 even if they paid me I wouldnt even take the time to play 2 lol!

Looking forward to the stream today, hope we get some info on the SAD edition!

Also quick deal, can get 6 months of Gold for 22 bucks on Newegg with code EMCTWUV49

Edited on by redd214

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, the difference is, that you've at least played a couple of them. I'm just not a believer/supporter of the "I never tried it, but I still don't like it" school of thought. But to each their own, of course, so if people REALLY don't like it, then I don't mind. We can't all like the same things. Would also make the world a decidedly boring place, if you ask me.

Having said that, I downloaded Crackdown 2 to the Xbox One this weekend (already own a physical copy, but it's obviously easier being able to play it without having to dig up the disc), and besides it looking pretty decent on the Xbox One, especially compared to the first Crackdown, it really was fun to play. There isn't much story to any of the games, but personally, I really liked beating up criminals and zombies (yes, there are zombies in Crackdown 2) as a super-powered cop.

It's just like with movies: sometimes, you might want to watch a thoughtful movie, one of those that you REALLY need to follow almost without blinking, or you'll miss the plot, and sometimes, you just want to lay on the couch, with a bag of popcorn or whatever, and watch a mindless action movie or comedy.

DarkRula

Just over ten minutes remaining until Inside Xbox.

https://mixer.com/xbox

Should be a good one, with the new Forza Horizon 4 expansion being outed in it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

redd214

@ThanosReXXX that's cool. There's not enough time in the world to try everything so if something doesnt look appealing to me in videos/screenshots, very unlikely I will give it time. Pretty much know what I like and don't at this point. Glad you enjoy them, hope they continue the series!

redd214

Zuljaras

I am surprised by the machine. I have updated AC Origins to the latest version and it looks beautiful on the 4K TV.
The console runs warm and warmer on the back. The fan can be heard but it is subtle and even during 4K gameplay.
I just wish the consistency of the quality was more even on all Xbox One units.

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, after the drama that is the delayed and rather botched release of Crackdown 3, we probably have to seriously doubt that they will. But I'll enjoy whatever has been released so far, regardless.

On a side note: Inside Xbox is a rather meh experience so far, and WAY too many ugly or weirdly coiffed women...
Microsoft seriously needs to take a page out of Nintendo's book: say what you want, but Nintendo does at least know where to get cute gamer girls...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

DayZ developer: "DayZ is about friends and about emotions".
And here I was, thinking it was an online multiplayer zombie survival game...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarkRula

When is this second expansion for Forza Horizon 4 getting announced then?
WHEN?
I was expecting them to transition from that look at it running on xCloud to the new expansion, but it's nowhere to be seen.

It was a fun one, though.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic