Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,621 to 7,640 of 7,808

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I don't mind them charging either, but charge people for the right part, that makes the most money, which is the multiplayer part, and give the people who already bought the entire collection and who want to complete the story line, the necessary component for free. Offering the main part of a game (which in the case of Reach was still the campaign part) as paid DLC is not only weird, but for me personally borders on a scam.

I do understand your point, from a developer point of view, but the mix up (or my annoyance, mostly), far as I'm concerned, comes from them trying to make it sound as if they're making you a great offer by adding Reach to the list, so you can finally complete the Master Chief Collection, and as I already said before, the multiplayer part isn't really the component that completes that story. Not even if you ARE a fan of online multiplayer.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I see that, but if you look at the precedent for MCC, ODST was a paid DLC and the multiplayer wasn't available at all. (But then was added in for free later for everyone with MCC.) So in this sense they're remaining consistent with other entries in the MCC. I might agree with you in concept but that's already the established way they added titles with the MCC purchase.

Technically with Halo, it's a weird fanbase. It is weird they're messaging that it's to complete the story though. I feel like the Halo fanbase is like the Quake fanbase....only online matters. Halo 5 is all about online. I'm a little afraid of Infinite for that reason. So probably most of the fanbase is overjoyed at the "only important part" being free.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia
ODST was paid? I could've sworn I got it automatically when I downloaded the update.

I haven't played it though. Is the purchase screen after you load the game or something?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia It doesn't really matter if they've already done it before, especially if it's only with one title, and especially if it's with one title that didn't have multiplayer initially, so that makes it anything BUT the standard way of handling these things.

I think we'd better agree to disagree on this specific point, because for me, it's a strong sentiment, and I don't think anyone is going to be able to make me reconsider it. I think it's a HUGE missed opportunity, and the way they're marketing it so far, is factually wrong, that's not even a part of the debate.

As for the fan base: I've got all the games, my friends have all the games, and we all like the Halo universe and the stories concerning Master Chief and so on. We only ever saw multiplayer as an added bonus to extend the longevity of all these titles. Could also have to do with most of us being 40+ gamers, which might make us look at things a bit differently than 12 year old Timmy, who only wants to scream at his friends while wearing his WAY too large Turtle Beach headphones...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Whatever. Either way, I hope all of them grow deaf LONG before their 40's, so I can still laugh at them before I leave this world for good...

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy It was a free apology to those who played MCC before a certain date in 2015 and then became cheap paid DLC for everyone else.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I STILL can not possibly understand how they can stand ear damaging volumes without enduring pain. It's like they're genetically a different species. With all my selection of huge driver headphones with insanely powerful amps.....I rarely get the dial above 8-9 o'clock before it starts feeling painful and I have to back the dial down!

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Unless your talking about ODST's Firefight, I believe ODST just used Halo 3's multiplayer back in the day. So, it didn't need to be included in the MCC, because it was already there.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Me neither, but seeing as even my ears are already beeping sometimes (and I never even played my music that loud to begin with, but apparently already loud enough to cause that effect), I can imagine that the effect will be several times worse for them. Some of these kids have their music on so loud, that when they're in public transport and they use in-ear phones/earbuds, almost the entire crowd surrounding them can "enjoy" the music right along with them...

redd214

Xbox live coming to mobile devices soon. Really excited about where they are going with this. If I can chuck my Xbox and still get to play Forza on any other device I'm definitely down for that!

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/3/14/18265214/micr...

They also announced an app to play PC games remotely on an Xbox if one wanted to.

redd214

Zuljaras

I do not know if I can say it here as well as in the trade thread but if Anyone wants the whole Metro series on Xbox One just say and we will strike a deal.

Zuljaras

BlueOcean

The online of Reach remaster is free because online gaming is in a separate menu and they want things simple for online players. ODST is campaign only so that doesn't count. I am very happy with Reach's campaign being added though, I never played that one and almost bought the 360 version on Xbox One. This console is becoming the most definitive console until the next Xbox comes and keeps adding stuff.

BlueOcean

redd214

New game pass titles coming soon

Deus Ex is a great series, shame it didn't perform well commercially. Haven't played any of the others but I do hope we get MvCI on plus for the blue team soon. Even though it's apparently lacking I think we would have fun with it.

EDIT : DEAL!! You can get a new S from newegg's eBay page for $170. Just bought 2!!! Great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-S-1TB-Console-/292983541203

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Dezzy

What upgrades can we expect to see with Halo Reach? (I assume it will be equivalent to what they did with Halo3/4?)

I didn't play any of the original X360 Halo games so I don't know how they've been upgraded. Is it just 720p->1080p?

Or is there a framerate upgrade too?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy There's a framerate upgrade too, original game was 30fps and MCC version will be 60fps.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

More SAD edition info leaking. If they can hit no more than $200 with the price point I think it could do decently well.

redd214

NEStalgia

Does anyone find it hilarious that before this was a site full of Nintendo threads, plus the two little stand-alone corners for Playstation fans and XBox fans. And now with XBox Life features and XBox games coming to Switch, the XBox thread effectively is a Nintendo topic thread, and only Playstation stands separate?

@redd214 "SAD edition" still cracks me up

Wait, Forza on an Android device, huh? Or do you just mean more XBox local streaming clients like the Win10 one for streaming XBox to Win10? (That works pretty well....I tried Forza with it....but the latency even over LAN drove me a little crazy. I can't imagine internet streaming, even with fiber.)

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic