Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,241 to 7,260 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

If you own ultimate edition or expansions bundle you can now uninstall "Expansion 2" and install the full size Lego Speed Champions (5.46GB). Also below is today's Inside Xbox focus (I posted it in the E3 thread):

• Gears 5
  • Vampire Bloodlines 2
  • The Surge 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • The new Elite controller
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Halo Infinite

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 The show itself was decent, nothing spectacular, and certainly nothing like what Phil Spencer seemed to have promised beforehand. I believe he said something like biggest show ever, but that probably only meant in number of games, which was indeed one of the largest, if not THE largest number of games ever shown in an Xbox presentation.

But... (I hate to use this sometimes, but it is true) from a marketing and/or business point of view, they most certainly did NOT drop the ball. I don't agree with Major Nelson's Tweet. It actually kind of puzzles me, seeing as he's part of the team, so why he would (seemingly) want to undermine them, is beyond me. In my view, it's not a mistake, it's business strategy 101.

The thing is, that right now, they've got the most powerful games console in the world, and they NEED that leverage for the coming generation, to have a head start vs Sony. So, revealing all of it now already, without Sony not having done so either (both companies have been more or less equally vague, other than using words like 'faster loading times', 'ray-tracing' and 'greatest console ever'), could or would put them at a disadvantage right out of the gate.

This means that, depending on Sony's actual PS5 release, there's still time to tinker away on the hardware, and to make sure that the next Xbox is indeed once again the most powerful console in the next generation as well, so they can focus on the rest of their targets, because having the best console was of course only ever one battle in the entire war. They've still got quite a few battles to win, such as with the content.

They did also show some results in that regard, so I don't think they're not making any effort towards that goal. Ultimately, I guess we'll have to wait and see, but them not showing their entire hand already really wasn't as bad a move as it may have seemed, because it offered no possibility for Sony to one-up them.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Never mind about the Tweet. I read up on it, and it would seem that it was used out of context, because apparently, it was a Major Nelson quote concerning the PlayStation.

Then again: what do I know? I hate social media, so I don't use Twitter...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

@ThanosReXXX the tweet was more about just the irony of it nothing more. Though his replies are quite funny too.

Glad you enjoyed the conference, was lacking what I wanted out of it, though the Lego DLC for FH4 did compel me to hook the S back up to play it on Thursday

Edited on by redd214

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Yeah, I got that after diving into it a bit more, but irony and/or sarcasm isn't always immediately clear without the added factors of voice and facial expression. I'm more of a face to face person, another reason why I don't like social media...

As for the conference: enjoyed is a big word, but I think the word "decent" is quite fitting.
Actually, I was secretly hoping that this rumor about Miyamoto coming on stage, was actually true...

Cyberpunk 2077 looked pretty damn good, though, and so did Ghostwire. And yeah, any new Forza expansions are also always welcome, although the LEGO one does seem to be "a bit" too outlandish to fit into the series, but from what was shown, it seems to work regardless.

redd214

More looks at Forza today it seems!

@ThanosReXXX yeah Cyberpunk was definitely the highlight for me. Even though I was really underwhelmed with the Witcher 3, this looks more up my alley. Can't wait to see this running on the next gen boxes especially, it already looks fantastic graphically.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 There's also going to be another episode of Inside Xbox, in exactly 4 hours and 36 minutes:

EDIT:
And now, the notification in the video screen itself confuses me. When I looked up the link on the Xbox One, it says "Starts at 06/10/2019 at 22:00:00 GMT", which is at the point in time that I indicated earlier, but now the video says Live in 6 hours...

Well, guess we'll find out either way...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarkRula

At the same time as Ubisoft's conference.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 No, that's not Inside Xbox. The Forza presentation is separate, and is about to start in 1 hour and 23 minutes, while the Inside Xbox presentation is 3 hours later.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Yes, obviously. Forza is an Xbox exclusive series, so of course, any expansion or DLC that is released for it, will only be available on the Xbox One. 1 + 1 = 2...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, wait...!
So the LEGO Expansion was DLC for Forza like The Sims series ?
And what DLC for Forza Horizon 4 so far ?

Anti-Matter

redd214

@ThanosReXXX look at the picture, the third thing down literally says Inside Xbox lol

redd214

DarkRula

@Anti-Matter Horizon 4 previously had an expansion based around pirates/treasure hunting in Fortune Island. This LEGO expansion is the second. Horizon 3 had the more serious Blizzard Mountain and the insanely wacky Hot Wheels expansions.

DarkRula

Anti-Matter

@DarkRula
What is the difference between Standard and Ultimate edition for Forza games ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You should ask others. I don't know that much about Forza Horizon 4. I do own all the previous games in the series, but not this one. @NEStalgia or any of the others that do own Forza Horizon 4, can probably tell you all about the previously released DLC for that game

@redd214 Remember me saying I hate social media? This is another example of why, and that I'm not really used to using them. If you say it's in the Tweet, I'm looking at the text, not the added picture/attachment (yeah, stupid, I know).

Still means that the time slots I mentioned are correct, AND that the Forza and Inside Xbox presentations are separate, and not part of each other, so the video I posted, was only about Inside Xbox and not related to the Forza presentation.

DarkRula

@Anti-Matter The Ultimate Edition will get you pretty much everything that's released for the game, including the expansions. Standard only comes with the base game.

DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic