Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 11,914

AlexSays

You have to realize you're in the vast minority here. The stories for those games are objectively 'horrible' yet this isn't mentioned by any reviews? What great insight do you have that the rest of us don't? There are plenty of people that believe Reach has the best standalone story out of any of them. You're acting as if the first trilogy were all Pulitzer winning stories, and the last two have been similar to children's books.

The disparity, if there is one, isn't all that great. Maybe its because you're looking at the original three as a trilogy and the other two don't seem connected, but that's as much sense as I can make out of your line of thinking.

Comparing it to Call of Duty, in which the story is practically nonexistent, just makes it seem like you're out to troll the past couple Halo games. There's no gameplay elements or other deviations from the Halo series to make it seem like COD, so saying they're 'just like it' is misguided, nicely put.

You're also speaking as if Call of Duty is a bad game. No its not, they hit a great formula years ago and they've kept it fresh enough for millions and millions of people each year. You might not like it because its not innovative, but other companies (ie. Nintendo) do the same thing, find a recipe and stick with it, and they're all generally worshipped (on sites such as this). Its just easy to hate on COD because its incredibly popular, but there's really no reason for them to do anything differently than what they're doing. We're seeing Assassin's Creed start to do this as well. Nearly the same game every year, but they're all well put-together games from a technical and production value standpoint.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Snagrio

Hmm, a thread about the new Xbox turns into an argument between Halo and CoD. Never saw THAT coming... /sarcasm

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Knux

Man, Crimson Dragon looks awesome. WHY does it have to be a Xbox One exclusive?

Knux

Captain_Toad

Midnight3DS wrote:

Well, this is kind of interesting.

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/06/did-microsoft-demand-that...

By the way, when it was pulled early the actual numbers on the Amazon Facebook poll were 38,000+ for PS4, and 2,000+ for Xbox One.

Wow, every news about the Xbox1 and Microsoft which seems to be a day by day basis just gets better and better.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Midnight3DS

U.S. Congress looking at Xbox One... uh oh. Now even those not paying attention to internet hub bub get all the spooky details. And with all the constant NSA news...

The “We Are Watching You Act of 2013” bill. Serious.

Warning label?

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Jaz007

Midnight3DS wrote:

U.S. Congress looking at Xbox One... uh oh. Now even those not paying attention to internet hub bub get all the spooky details. And with all the constant NSA news...

Warning label?

Why is there a link to the NintndoLife homepage?

Jaz007

Midnight3DS

Fixed. I didn't paste the link.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

SCRAPPER392

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR, are you still getting an XBone?

Actually, ya. PS4 appeals less to me even after all the 'negatives'. Let me explain...
How much is Xenoblade Chronicles going for right now? That sort of inflation won't happen with Microsoft's used price conrol. The used game thing literally doesn't effect anything for me.
As for the 24 online thing: I have internet, and it's basically impossible to not be able to find a free hotspot if you actually have to.
The Xbox One still has exclusives I'm more interested in than PS4, the Kinect 2 is better than PS Eye, and it just seems more functional overall.
The 'hoops' aren't that bad, IMO. So if I do end up buying a second console, it will be Xbox One.
I think Microsoft just explained the whole thing horribly. I read that Xbox Live is like Steam now, and you can use the cloud to play your games anywhere with your account. That's why it requires a 24 internet check to your console, soyou can go anywhere after that and be able to access your games.
They also said locking in Xbox Live accounts can open doors for cheaper retail games, eventually, because they can guarantee your business.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Actually, ya. PS4 appeals less to me even after all the 'negatives'. Let me explain...
How much is Xenoblade Chronicles going for right now? That sort of inflation won't happen with Microsoft's used price conrol. The used game thing literally doesn't effect anything for me.
As for the 24 online thing: I have internet, and it's basically impossible to not be able to find a free hotspot if you actually have to.
The Xbox One still has exclusives I'm more interested in than PS4, the Kinect 2 is better than PS Eye, and it just seems more functional overall.
The 'hoops' aren't that bad, IMO. So if I do end up buying a second console, it will be Xbox One.
I think Microsoft just explained the whole thing horribly. I read that Xbox Live is like Steam now, and you can use the cloud to play your games anywhere with your account. That's why it requires a 24 internet check to your console, soyou can go anywhere after that and be able to access your games.
They also said locking in Xbox Live accounts can open doors for cheaper retail games, eventually, because they can guarantee your business.

Steam lets you play offline as long as you want, so the point about the Internet requirement is invalid. Games will install onto the system so it's not needed

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Steam lets you play offline as long as you want, so the point about the Internet requirement is invalid. Games will install onto the system so it's not needed

How do you get your Steam account onto a computer without internet?

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

How do you get your Steam account onto a computer without internet?

I've already got everything installed so if there is no internet or it messes up logging in, it justs starts up in offline mode. Just turn the Internet on your computer off and start up steam and you'll see.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

Qwest

TysonOfTime

@SCAR, why don't you save up for a PC and get all the positives you're looking for, and not support policies that will harm all the people who share your hobby?

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

How do you log in to an XBONE that has never been connected to the internet?!

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

@SCAR, why don't you save up for a PC and get all the positives you're looking for, and not support policies that will harm all the people who share your hobby?

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

How do you log in to an XBONE that has never been connected to the internet?!

PC won't have Xbox One games most likely. Dead Rising, Halo Reach, etc. never come out on PC.
My point with the online, is that some sort of network is basically required to do anything, even with Steam.

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I even double checked Steam's Website. There's no time limit whatsoever. If you have access to the internet long enough to download the tiny installer, you'll be fine.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

Ya, but how did you install those things in the first place? If anything, they only require you to go online so that you can access your disc installed games.
If everything was strictly digital, we probably wouldn't be dealing with these 'DMR issues' that are all the rage now adays.
We still don't know the whole setup.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

@SCAR "I went to the library."
"I went to Panera and downloaded them while I did my taxes"
"I went to my Mother's House during Thanksgiving and downloaded them before going back to my internet-deprived Farm"

These are all very reasonable answers to your question.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic