Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,736

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

721. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Are there any Xbox One fans here to poke fun at or is everyone pretty much in agreement that it sucks?

Both.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

722. Posted:

I've been holding off mentioning this as long as possible, but...

XBOX ONE IS DOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

Ah, feels so satisfying to say that.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

723. Posted:

SCAR, are you still getting an XBone?

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

724. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

I think we're all agreed.

Except my sister's boyfriend. His undying love of Halo will be the death of him. :(

Yeah I'm a Halo fan but there's only so many negatives for a console I can take. Thankfully with the original Halo devs creating a Halo-ish game on the PS4, missing out on Halo is a complete nonissue for me.

No doubt some people will stick with MS for life though, especially some of those bro gamers that don't know any better.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

725. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Are there any Xbox One fans here to poke fun at or is everyone pretty much in agreement that it sucks?

I think we're all agreed.

Except my sister's boyfriend. His undying love of Halo will be the death of him. :(

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

726. Posted:

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

That is an interesting perspective not shared by many consumers or critics.

Also if an aggregate score of 87+ completely sucks to you, you must have a rough time being a Nintendo fan. Whether you liked the story or not, the production value and technology of the last two games were enough to make them some of the most well put-together FPS games on the market.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

727. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

That is an interesting perspective not shared by many consumers or critics.

Also if an aggregate score of 87+ completely sucks to you, you must have a rough time being a Nintendo fan. Whether you liked the story or not, the production value and technology of the last two games were enough to make them some of the most well put-together FPS games on the market.

halo wars just sucks (but it sucks in a special way), and Reach and Halo 4 are just like CoD. and CoD gets good scores, but it still sucks, so dont bring scores in this mix. these games got good scores, but that doesnt mean they're good.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

728. Posted:

Ok this is going to be a fun discussion.

Please let me know which changes in Reach and Halo 4 make the game just like Call of Duty. Considering the games were vastly similar to previous Halo games in the series.

Its one thing to not like the games, that's fine. But when you generalize every game after a specific game, and attribute it to a comparison that no critics (or even people from what I've seen) have ever made, and then say the games flat out suck because of that comparison, it makes you really not seem like you know what you're talking about.

And you're right, no scores matter, or user reviews. Just your opinion... Because you say its just like Call of Duty... because it just is. Makes perfect sense.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

729. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

That is an interesting perspective not shared by many consumers or critics.

Also if an aggregate score of 87+ completely sucks to you, you must have a rough time being a Nintendo fan. Whether you liked the story or not, the production value and technology of the last two games were enough to make them some of the most well put-together FPS games on the market.

halo wars just sucks (but it sucks in a special way), and Reach and Halo 4 are just like CoD. and CoD gets good scores, but it still sucks, so dont bring scores in this mix. these games got good scores, but that doesnt mean they're good.

You're right, score =/= a good game. The fact that they're well-put-together games that achieve what they set out to do makes them good games, and yes, Halo and Call of Duty are good games. Seriously, you gotta learn to separate "quality" from "taste". Just because you don't find it particularly "fun" doesn't make it "bad", it needs more than that.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

730. Posted:

i'm just trying to say that reach and halo 4 are less like the previous halo games and more like CoD, which, you have to agree, is a mindless FPS. their stories are horrible, and the only reason people defend them is because they're fun. yes they are fun, but halo games aren't only about fun, they're about story, and Reach and Halo 4 have terrible stories.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

731. Posted:

You have to realize you're in the vast minority here. The stories for those games are objectively 'horrible' yet this isn't mentioned by any reviews? What great insight do you have that the rest of us don't? There are plenty of people that believe Reach has the best standalone story out of any of them. You're acting as if the first trilogy were all Pulitzer winning stories, and the last two have been similar to children's books.

The disparity, if there is one, isn't all that great. Maybe its because you're looking at the original three as a trilogy and the other two don't seem connected, but that's as much sense as I can make out of your line of thinking.

Comparing it to Call of Duty, in which the story is practically nonexistent, just makes it seem like you're out to troll the past couple Halo games. There's no gameplay elements or other deviations from the Halo series to make it seem like COD, so saying they're 'just like it' is misguided, nicely put.

You're also speaking as if Call of Duty is a bad game. No its not, they hit a great formula years ago and they've kept it fresh enough for millions and millions of people each year. You might not like it because its not innovative, but other companies (ie. Nintendo) do the same thing, find a recipe and stick with it, and they're all generally worshipped (on sites such as this). Its just easy to hate on COD because its incredibly popular, but there's really no reason for them to do anything differently than what they're doing. We're seeing Assassin's Creed start to do this as well. Nearly the same game every year, but they're all well put-together games from a technical and production value standpoint.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

732. Posted:

Hmm, a thread about the new Xbox turns into an argument between Halo and CoD. Never saw THAT coming... /sarcasm

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

733. Posted:

Man, Crimson Dragon looks awesome. WHY does it have to be a Xbox One exclusive? :(

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

734. Posted:

Well, this is kind of interesting.

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/06/did-microsoft-demand-that...

By the way, when it was pulled early the actual numbers on the Amazon Facebook poll were 38,000+ for PS4, and 2,000+ for Xbox One.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

735. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Well, this is kind of interesting.

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/06/did-microsoft-demand-that...

By the way, when it was pulled early the actual numbers on the Amazon Facebook poll were 38,000+ for PS4, and 2,000+ for Xbox One.

Wow, every news about the Xbox1 and Microsoft which seems to be a day by day basis just gets better and better. :D

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

736. Posted:

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

737. Posted:

U.S. Congress looking at Xbox One... uh oh. Now even those not paying attention to internet hub bub get all the spooky details. And with all the constant NSA news...

The “We Are Watching You Act of 2013” bill. Serious.

Warning label?

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

738. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

U.S. Congress looking at Xbox One... uh oh. Now even those not paying attention to internet hub bub get all the spooky details. And with all the constant NSA news...

Warning label?

Why is there a link to the NintndoLife homepage?

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

739. Posted:

Fixed. I didn't paste the link.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

740. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR, are you still getting an XBone?

Actually, ya. PS4 appeals less to me even after all the 'negatives'. Let me explain...
How much is Xenoblade Chronicles going for right now? That sort of inflation won't happen with Microsoft's used price conrol. The used game thing literally doesn't effect anything for me.
As for the 24 online thing: I have internet, and it's basically impossible to not be able to find a free hotspot if you actually have to.
The Xbox One still has exclusives I'm more interested in than PS4, the Kinect 2 is better than PS Eye, and it just seems more functional overall.
The 'hoops' aren't that bad, IMO. So if I do end up buying a second console, it will be Xbox One.
I think Microsoft just explained the whole thing horribly. I read that Xbox Live is like Steam now, and you can use the cloud to play your games anywhere with your account. That's why it requires a 24 internet check to your console, soyou can go anywhere after that and be able to access your games.
They also said locking in Xbox Live accounts can open doors for cheaper retail games, eventually, because they can guarantee your business.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²