Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 11,914

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

Ya, but how did you install those things in the first place? If anything, they only require you to go online so that you can access your disc installed games.
If everything was strictly digital, we probably wouldn't be dealing with these 'DMR issues' that are all the rage now adays.
We still don't know the whole setup.

Why on earth do you need the internet for a game that was installed with a disc that has nothing to do with the internet?! It's possible to restrict used games without internet too.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

Ya, but how did you install those things in the first place? If anything, they only require you to go online so that you can access your disc installed games.
If everything was strictly digital, we probably wouldn't be dealing with these 'DMR issues' that are all the rage now adays.
We still don't know the whole setup.

Why on earth do you need the internet for a game that was installed with a disc that has nothing to do with the internet?! It's possible to restrict used games without internet too.

You can't restrict used games without internet, there's no immediate confirmation. The system itself can automatically refuse to run a pirated or diffrent region game, but that's all. Without internet, they wouldn't be able to do alot of the things they are allowing the costumers to do, like Cloud or disc installs.

@CanisWolfred
Meh. My point is that internet isn't really important in the first place. Since Xbox One requires online, I see no problem dealing with that if I actually want to play the games.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

Because when Microsoft Bricks your console and takes away all you're games the next time there's an extended power-outage, that's totally not a problem? Good for you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because when Microsoft Bricks your console and takes away all you're games the next time there's an extended power-outage, that's totally not a problem? Good for you.

I got a Wii U, bro.
It ultimately comes down to how important internet actually is. You can't have digital games or cloud services without internet. Even the social front is pointless without internet.
At least with 3DS, I can still streetpass and download play, even without internet.

EDIT: BTW, accounts are stored on a server. Unless the server goes down, you're fine. That has nothing to with a power outage, unless the entire world loses electricity, and there's always batteries and back-up generators.
This is getting pretty farfetched, though...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

KAHN

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got a Wii U, bro.
It ultimately comes down to how important internet actually is. You can't have digital games or cloud services without internet. Even the social front is pointless without internet.
At least with 3DS, I can still streetpass and download play, even without internet.

so, you're going to use an offline console when your online console fails you? wow, i never guessed ridiculous policies.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

SCRAPPER392

KAHN wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got a Wii U, bro.

so, you're going to use an offline console when your online console fails you? wow, i never guessed ridiculous policies.

I'm saying that we still don't really know all of the details, and it's not that big of a deal anyway. If you don't have internet, just buy a Wii U or PS4.
I think Microsoft will make having the console worthwhile if you have internet, though.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Phatosaurus

Arguing with SCAR392 lowers your IQ 10 points per post. Proven.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Chrono_Cross

Scar is the kind of guy who picks an answer, sticks by it, and does anything he can to prevent himself from looking silly.

Which is ironic, by the way.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Shicky5000

Oh boy, where to begin with this train wreck...

PSN: husker5000 3DS Friend Code: 4897 - 6370 - 7306 Wii Number: 6232 - 8419 - 5732 - 1560 Youtube Channel: Shicky5000

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

Arguing with SCAR392 lowers your IQ 10 points per post. Proven.

Uhhhh... Ok? I'm assuming that when your IQ 'drops', you still know the info you had before. Are you saying you forget things you've learned?

Qwest

FOREST_RANGER

Okay. I'll try to make a quick summary of what's going on with some additional info:

• Some people don't mind Microsoft's new policies like the 24-hour online check, but it will deter others.
  • The new Xbox LIVE is similar to Steam, but at least Steam users can disconnect from the internet without worrying whether they can play it or not
  • The dynamics of the PC-games space is a bit different from the console-games space

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

FireMario887

Did Microsoft expect unlimited complaints? (Not to be rude, I am complaining about the Xbox One too)

FireMario887

shingi_70

Acoording to giabtbimb Microsoft plans to announce backtracking on everything.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

Sony_70 wrote:

Acoording to giabtbimb Microsoft plans to announce backtracking on everything.

That would be a wise decision on their part. The whole idea of 'leading us' into the future and sticking with their plan would not end well for them.

Not sure how every company manages to screw up their third console..

AlexSays

shingi_70

I already said that if they were to get rid if the drm I'd be there at day one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic