Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 741 to 760 of 1,734

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

741. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR, are you still getting an XBone?

Actually, ya. PS4 appeals less to me even after all the 'negatives'. Let me explain...
How much is Xenoblade Chronicles going for right now? That sort of inflation won't happen with Microsoft's used price conrol. The used game thing literally doesn't effect anything for me.
As for the 24 online thing: I have internet, and it's basically impossible to not be able to find a free hotspot if you actually have to.
The Xbox One still has exclusives I'm more interested in than PS4, the Kinect 2 is better than PS Eye, and it just seems more functional overall.
The 'hoops' aren't that bad, IMO. So if I do end up buying a second console, it will be Xbox One.
I think Microsoft just explained the whole thing horribly. I read that Xbox Live is like Steam now, and you can use the cloud to play your games anywhere with your account. That's why it requires a 24 internet check to your console, soyou can go anywhere after that and be able to access your games.
They also said locking in Xbox Live accounts can open doors for cheaper retail games, eventually, because they can guarantee your business.

Steam lets you play offline as long as you want, so the point about the Internet requirement is invalid. Games will install onto the system so it's not needed

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

742. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Actually, ya. PS4 appeals less to me even after all the 'negatives'. Let me explain...
How much is Xenoblade Chronicles going for right now? That sort of inflation won't happen with Microsoft's used price conrol. The used game thing literally doesn't effect anything for me.
As for the 24 online thing: I have internet, and it's basically impossible to not be able to find a free hotspot if you actually have to.
The Xbox One still has exclusives I'm more interested in than PS4, the Kinect 2 is better than PS Eye, and it just seems more functional overall.
The 'hoops' aren't that bad, IMO. So if I do end up buying a second console, it will be Xbox One.
I think Microsoft just explained the whole thing horribly. I read that Xbox Live is like Steam now, and you can use the cloud to play your games anywhere with your account. That's why it requires a 24 internet check to your console, soyou can go anywhere after that and be able to access your games.
They also said locking in Xbox Live accounts can open doors for cheaper retail games, eventually, because they can guarantee your business.

Steam lets you play offline as long as you want, so the point about the Internet requirement is invalid. Games will install onto the system so it's not needed

How do you get your Steam account onto a computer without internet?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

743. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

How do you get your Steam account onto a computer without internet?

I've already got everything installed so if there is no internet or it messes up logging in, it justs starts up in offline mode. Just turn the Internet on your computer off and start up steam and you'll see.

Currently playing: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, Rune Factory 4, 007 Blood Stone, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

744. Posted:

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

745. Posted:

@SCAR, why don't you save up for a PC and get all the positives you're looking for, and not support policies that will harm all the people who share your hobby?

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
I mean a computer that doesn't have your account on it. How do you log into Steam on a computer that has never connected to the internet?

How do you log in to an XBONE that has never been connected to the internet?!

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

746. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

@SCAR, why don't you save up for a PC and get all the positives you're looking for, and not support policies that will harm all the people who share your hobby?

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

How do you log in to an XBONE that has never been connected to the internet?!

PC won't have Xbox One games most likely. Dead Rising, Halo Reach, etc. never come out on PC.
My point with the online, is that some sort of network is basically required to do anything, even with Steam.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

747. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

748. Posted:

I even double checked Steam's Website. There's no time limit whatsoever. If you have access to the internet long enough to download the tiny installer, you'll be fine.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

749. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You don't, but there is no reason to require internet for things already installed or don't need Internet to be installed.

Ya, but how did you install those things in the first place? If anything, they only require you to go online so that you can access your disc installed games.
If everything was strictly digital, we probably wouldn't be dealing with these 'DMR issues' that are all the rage now adays.
We still don't know the whole setup.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

750. Posted:

@SCAR "I went to the library."
"I went to Panera and downloaded them while I did my taxes"
"I went to my Mother's House during Thanksgiving and downloaded them before going back to my internet-deprived Farm"

These are all very reasonable answers to your question.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

751. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

Ya, but how did you install those things in the first place? If anything, they only require you to go online so that you can access your disc installed games.
If everything was strictly digital, we probably wouldn't be dealing with these 'DMR issues' that are all the rage now adays.

Why on earth do you need the internet for a game that was installed with a disc that has nothing to do with the internet?! It's possible to restrict used games without internet too.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

752. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

Why on earth do you need the internet for a game that was installed with a disc that has nothing to do with the internet?! It's possible to restrict used games without internet too.

You can't restrict used games without internet, there's no immediate confirmation. The system itself can automatically refuse to run a pirated or diffrent region game, but that's all. Without internet, they wouldn't be able to do alot of the things they are allowing the costumers to do, like Cloud or disc installs.

@CanisWolfred
Meh. My point is that internet isn't really important in the first place. Since Xbox One requires online, I see no problem dealing with that if I actually want to play the games.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

753. Posted:

@SCAR932 http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/01/examining-sonys-interne... Internet free.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

754. Posted:

Because when Microsoft Bricks your console and takes away all you're games the next time there's an extended power-outage, that's totally not a problem? Good for you.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

755. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because when Microsoft Bricks your console and takes away all you're games the next time there's an extended power-outage, that's totally not a problem? Good for you.

I got a Wii U, bro.
It ultimately comes down to how important internet actually is. You can't have digital games or cloud services without internet. Even the social front is pointless without internet.
At least with 3DS, I can still streetpass and download play, even without internet.

EDIT: BTW, accounts are stored on a server. Unless the server goes down, you're fine. That has nothing to with a power outage, unless the entire world loses electricity, and there's always batteries and back-up generators.
This is getting pretty farfetched, though...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

KAHN

756. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got a Wii U, bro.
It ultimately comes down to how important internet actually is. You can't have digital games or cloud services without internet. Even the social front is pointless without internet.
At least with 3DS, I can still streetpass and download play, even without internet.

so, you're going to use an offline console when your online console fails you? wow, i never guessed :| ridiculous policies.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

757. Posted:

KAHN wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I got a Wii U, bro.

so, you're going to use an offline console when your online console fails you? wow, i never guessed :| ridiculous policies.

I'm saying that we still don't really know all of the details, and it's not that big of a deal anyway. If you don't have internet, just buy a Wii U or PS4.
I think Microsoft will make having the console worthwhile if you have internet, though.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

758. Posted:

Arguing with SCAR392 lowers your IQ 10 points per post. Proven.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

759. Posted:

Scar is the kind of guy who picks an answer, sticks by it, and does anything he can to prevent himself from looking silly.

Which is ironic, by the way.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Shicky5000

760. Posted:

Oh boy, where to begin with this train wreck...

PSN: husker5000 3DS Friend Code: 4897 - 6370 - 7306 Wii Number: 6232 - 8419 - 5732 - 1560 Youtube Channel: Shicky5000