Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 11,914

MAB

It's alright though because you can still watch TV

MAB

Ralizah

the_shpydar wrote:

Just when you thought Xbox1 couldn't get more bad press:
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/30614...

"Not to fear, says Xbox exec Don Mattrick, president of the Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment division. ... Fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360. ... Hey, I can empathize. If I was on a sub, I’d be disappointed.”

Good lord, what a creep!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

pntjr

What is this, the "Hate on Xbox One Link Sharing Thread"?

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Gamer83

Ralizah wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Just when you thought Xbox1 couldn't get more bad press:
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/30614...

"Not to fear, says Xbox exec Don Mattrick, president of the Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment division. ... Fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360. ... Hey, I can empathize. If I was on a sub, I’d be disappointed.”

Good lord, what a creep!

The scumbag made his name at EA. Tells you all you need to know.

Gamer83

KAHN

pntjr wrote:

What is this, the "Hate on Xbox One Link Sharing Thread"?

do you see one good thing about the xbone?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

GiftedGimp

Microsoft DID send reps to WiiU demo events at bestbuy -
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/16/footage-of-microsoft-emp...
This shows just how desperate Microsoft are, knowing they have lost the Next-gen before the Xbone has even launched.
I particularly like the bit when someone tells the rep, I don't want a Spybox in his house and says about being watched the rep says 'you can always throw a blanket over it' (listen carefully its right at the end) Lol.

Edited on by GiftedGimp

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

GiftedGimp

Midnight3DS wrote:

'Right now, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty isn't coming to Xbox One or Xbox 360'

As it stands, it's easy to see where the rush of indies WILL be going...

"Oddworld wasn't built on selling out," says Lorne Lanning.

There always been a Frosty relationship between the developers and Microsoft, hence why Ps3 seen Oddworld Games but 360 didn't.
For WiiU to be getting New and Tasty, and I think Strangers Wrath if I remember right, is major Blow to the excusivity of the titkes on Sony Systems, aswell as showing how much the Indie/Smaller developers hate Microsofts Self Publishing system for the Xbox brand.

Games make a great console, not technical specs.

Nintendo Network ID: GiftedGimp | Twitter:

AlexSays

Are there any Xbox One fans here to poke fun at or is everyone pretty much in agreement that it sucks?

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

Are there any Xbox One fans here to poke fun at or is everyone pretty much in agreement that it sucks?

I think we're all agreed.

Except my sister's boyfriend. His undying love of Halo will be the death of him.

Captain_Toad

AlexSays wrote:

Both.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Snagrio

I've been holding off mentioning this as long as possible, but...

XBOX ONE IS DOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

Ah, feels so satisfying to say that.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

brooks83

SCAR, are you still getting an XBone?

brooks83

AlexSays

irken004 wrote:

Except my sister's boyfriend. His undying love of Halo will be the death of him.

Yeah I'm a Halo fan but there's only so many negatives for a console I can take. Thankfully with the original Halo devs creating a Halo-ish game on the PS4, missing out on Halo is a complete nonissue for me.

No doubt some people will stick with MS for life though, especially some of those bro gamers that don't know any better.

AlexSays

KAHN

irken004 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

KAHN

AlexSays

the halo franchise started sucking when halo wars was released. everything after that is sh*t.

That is an interesting perspective not shared by many consumers or critics.

Also if an aggregate score of 87+ completely sucks to you, you must have a rough time being a Nintendo fan. Whether you liked the story or not, the production value and technology of the last two games were enough to make them some of the most well put-together FPS games on the market.

AlexSays

KAHN

AlexSays wrote:

Also if an aggregate score of 87+ completely sucks to you, you must have a rough time being a Nintendo fan. Whether you liked the story or not, the production value and technology of the last two games were enough to make them some of the most well put-together FPS games on the market.

halo wars just sucks (but it sucks in a special way), and Reach and Halo 4 are just like CoD. and CoD gets good scores, but it still sucks, so dont bring scores in this mix. these games got good scores, but that doesnt mean they're good.

KAHN

AlexSays

Ok this is going to be a fun discussion.

Please let me know which changes in Reach and Halo 4 make the game just like Call of Duty. Considering the games were vastly similar to previous Halo games in the series.

Its one thing to not like the games, that's fine. But when you generalize every game after a specific game, and attribute it to a comparison that no critics (or even people from what I've seen) have ever made, and then say the games flat out suck because of that comparison, it makes you really not seem like you know what you're talking about.

And you're right, no scores matter, or user reviews. Just your opinion... Because you say its just like Call of Duty... because it just is. Makes perfect sense.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

KAHN wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

halo wars just sucks (but it sucks in a special way), and Reach and Halo 4 are just like CoD. and CoD gets good scores, but it still sucks, so dont bring scores in this mix. these games got good scores, but that doesnt mean they're good.

You're right, score =/= a good game. The fact that they're well-put-together games that achieve what they set out to do makes them good games, and yes, Halo and Call of Duty are good games. Seriously, you gotta learn to separate "quality" from "taste". Just because you don't find it particularly "fun" doesn't make it "bad", it needs more than that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KAHN

i'm just trying to say that reach and halo 4 are less like the previous halo games and more like CoD, which, you have to agree, is a mindless FPS. their stories are horrible, and the only reason people defend them is because they're fun. yes they are fun, but halo games aren't only about fun, they're about story, and Reach and Halo 4 have terrible stories.

KAHN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic