Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 11,914

Gamer83

@MrGameluvr:
What's your e-mail address? If you don't want to go through e-mail. Just follow and tweet @Yanksfan_03 on Twitter, and I'll direct message you a couple codes.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

RR529

Man, the boss fight in mission 6 of Lost Planet is so, so tough.

I think I tried it five times today, and lost every time. What sucks is I kinda know what to do, it's just as of yet I haven't been able to pull it off (and half the time it's because I run out of thermal energy, and not because the boss itself actually killed me). I almost had it once though, so with a bit more practice (and luck) hopefully I pull through next time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

Nice, just got in the beta for the new xbox dashboard.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

It's really nice and is obviously the Windows Metro UI built properly for a TV unlike the previous one that tried to put things 1:1 how it is on windows.

It looks like this.
Untitled

You have three ads on the right side for game related stuff. Those icons in the left side are actually notifications. Hitting to the left brings up all your quick options menus in a way that's similar to the blades.

Going down you see your most recent games and all the way down is how you get to your game and apps Library.

Community is the achievements, Screenshots, and clips/streams your friends are doing. There's also a trending on xbox section to the right but that isn't up yet.

Oneguide is pretty much the TV stuff without having to press X and wait. Don't have live TV so I'm not sure how much of a use it will be too me.

Next is the store which has thankfully been overhauled and is a Joy to use now. Everything in the menus go down award instead to the right. Also if seems like most games now have a background image instead of being straight black.

In general really loving it and it has me excited for the windows 10 event tommorow.

There's another game I'm playing that I really want to talk about but can't which is annoying.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Gamer83

I actually don't mind the current UI but this does sound like a nice improvement.

Gamer83

shingi_70

The current UI wasn't bad but it was clearly made in line with Windows 7/8 where everything scrolled vertically in apps and user interface. With Windows 10 Microsoft has gone back to vertically scrollinf which is much better for showing information and space usage.

One thing I dislike is there doesn't seem.to be any changes to the games and Apps Libabry which could use an overhaul.

WAT!

RR529

Beat Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) last night.

It was a pretty solid shooter (I put my full thoughts in the Games You Recently Beat? thread).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SuperWiiU

shingi_70 wrote:

It's really nice and is obviously the Windows Metro UI built properly for a TV unlike the previous one that tried to put things 1:1 how it is on windows.

It looks like this.
Untitled

It looks like the Playstation Store UI.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo

Bad news for Microsoft and their gaming sector:

For the first time in the history of history, as well as being the first company to do so, at least in the videogames industry, Microsoft chose not to disclose their shipped numbers in their latest finance report, for neither the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, nor even grouping them together under the banner they previously used, the 'Xbox Family'.

This is actually pretty worrying because no console manufacture has ever not shown their shippings number on their quarterly report!

I really, really liked the original Xbox (mainly because the SEGA support was AMAZING) and the Xbox 360 was a great system in its own right too however, the Xbox One has been on a very rocky road since day one.

A shame, really.

It shall be interesting to see what happens from here onwards, especially with the NX being released some time next year along with Sony and their continued domination of every single country the PlayStation 4 is available to buy.

Update: Microsoft will not be using console shipments as its primary metric for 'success' beginning with this quarter, we have been told. The company is more focused on engagement, leading it to choose Xbox Live usership as its leading statistic.

Yep, that's their way of saying that we want to cover up our poor Xbox One sales everywhere, bar the US.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

Return of the King:
Halo 5 Live

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

Despite lukewarm sales Phol Spencer and Satya Nadella are saying their will be another Xbox which is good.

Just got Halo 5 and can't wait to dig in.

WAT!

Peek-a-boo

@shingi_70: Where did you read about this?

Seems odd that I cannot read/see any confirmation about this news on any games or technology websites, is all!

I wonder if the next Xbox will be released a lot sooner than anybody expects, like in late 2018 for example.

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

Despite lukewarm sales Phol Spencer and Satya Nadella are saying their will be another Xbox which is good.

Just got Halo 5 and can't wait to dig in.

That is good to know, I'm happy with the XB1 and Sony needs the competition. I still need to finish 2-4 on the MCC before I pick up Halo 5.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

SCRAPPER392

Well, ya. Another Xbox has even more chance of coming than another PS, even with worse sales, because Microsoft has more money and is still pouring money into it. That's why those Kinect controllers are happening, and Windows 10. It wouldn't even make sense to end the Xbox brand when they've actually supported One the most, with that stuff.

The internet is a wild place for crazy theories, indeed.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

@Peek-a-boo:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/356713/Phil+Spencer+expects+an...

Really enjoying Halo 5 so far, just started the patch so hopefully i can try multiplayer before work tomorrow.

I have a tom of games to play till december, but i'm hoping wastleland 2 and divinty go on sale soon.

WAT!

Peek-a-boo

'I fully expect there will be.'

Doesn't seem like a 100% confirmation seeing as it is not his decision at the end of the day; it is the decision of both the shareholders (who are not particularly happy about the lack of shipping figures in Microsoft's latest quarterly report) and the CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella.

If anything, I expect the Xbox brand to be a collaboration of both Windows 10 and PC more so than a dedicated system, with the ways things are going at the moment.

Competition is indeed good, but just how many more millions and billions does the Xbox have to continue to lose before the shareholders and the CEO gets fed up, pack up and move on?

If it wasn't for Xbox Live, the Xbox brand would not be gaining any redeeming revenue whatsoever!

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

I wouldn't be surprised if they started selling Xbox One in the PC section of stores, once Windows 10 happens. It just seems like a Steam machine to me, with the way things are going, except with Windows instead of Linux.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

@shingi_70: Did you get or are you planning get an Elite controller?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic