Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 11,914

shingi_70

@Ryno

Nope too expensive for my blood right now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Still looking forward to Windows 10 and Xbox 360 BC. I currently have a Rocksmith guitar hooked up to the AV, but hopefully I'll be able to get a program from Windows 10 to play it through USB. I also never played all the way through Mass Effect and Alan Wake, even though I own them and playing Banjo Kazooie, etc. will be nice, even though I have all of the achievements. This will be the first time I have the newest Windows OS, so that's also a plus. Damn Microsoft.

I'm not sure, but hopefully they'll upgrade us to Windows 11; if that ever happens, even without Xbox Live. That's why I say damn Microsoft.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Peek-a-boo

After the slightly underwhelming Halo 5, it is nice to see that Xbox One owners have a good reason to be cheerful in a months time:

http://microsoft-news.com/first-100-backwards-compatible-xbox...

That's the first hundred games that is being added to the backwards compatibility service, and they have chose very wisely! There's lot and lots of really good games on that list, and the odd obscure one here and there too.

Only grumblesome thing I can say is that over 90% of the list are Westen developed games so, hopefully the next wave of titles offer more games from the Far East like Ace Combat 6, Blue Dragon, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata (this is my favourite RPG on the Xbox 360), Lost Odyssey, Lost Planet and Ridge Racer 6.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo: Why a month? I thought the first 100 was coming at the same time as the New Xbox One Experience update so that would be in 4 days.

As for Halo 5, the campaign has been alright but I just reached the E3 demo and I'm feeling down because of the Digital Event again.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano: I believe Tuesday the 1st of December is the day and month that the service is touted to begin, unless you have heard differently elsewhere?

I really, really liked the Swords of Sanghelios level/mission, as well as the buttery smooth 60fps gameplay however, as a cohesive whole, it is the weakest campaign in all five mainline Halo games. IMO, of course!

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

Does anyone have the elite controller? How is it? I don't have a xbone yet (BF) but I am wondering if its worth the cash to pick up...I'd make it pull double duty on the pc as well.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

So I finished Halo 5 and I also think it's the weakest campaign but mainly because of the ending, it makes the game feel as though it was rushed so it could be out before Black Friday 2015 (it probably was).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano: They did it in Halo 2, and they did it again in Halo 5.

There will be another one of those awful anti-climax endings in Halo 8, going by this new pattern that has recently emerged!

Like I said, outside of the Swords of Sanghelios mission, nothing else captured the imagination quite like the classic standout levels you had in Halo 1, 2 and 3. Those three games had at least one 'greatest of all time' mission to play over and over again.

I thoroughly hope that 343i keeps the 60fps though; that was the best decision they ever made, regardless of whether the visuals are like a shiner and smoother looking Halo 4, which is no bad thing given that Halo 4 was a pretty good looking game anyway.

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

The music is great in Gravemind however, the level itself wasn't the best out of a small bunch in Halo 2.

Delta Halo is my favourite in Halo 2, and I quite like fighting Regret in the following mission too. Outskirts was also really good; fighting those two hunters after you cleared the first area was brilliant.

It was after then that the game became a mishmash of the brutes, the flood and those weird hornet things that made the game less fun as it went on. The sniper jackals in Halo 2 were a nightmare on Heroic and Legendary - no fun at all!

I have a lot of love for the first three Halo games, and while I didn't enjoy the multiplayer in Reach, at least it had a very consistent campaign (there were no dud levels as far as I am aware) and has a fairly worthwhile story to back it up.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

As far as I can see, the only games I won't be able to play that I have, are:
Sonic Adventure
X-Men
Geometry Wars 2
Dead Rising
Fruit Ninja Kinect

I'm sure they'll add 3 on my list, at least, but maybe not X-Men and FNK? I'm not really even sure what games I have on my account, anymore, but I'm sure I've recalled most of them.
As far as Halo goes, 4 was my most favorite in the series. I wasn't that impressed with the Halo 5 beta, because it just seems mosty like Halo 4; kind of like Killzone on PS3 compared to Killzone on PS4. I'd still buy something else besides those games, but I'm fairly tired of FPS games, anyway. I'm more interested in a new Gears, Lost Planet, etc. 3rd person shooters, in comparison. The Sims 4 would be cool to have on the home consoles, otherwise I'm not interested in the usual games like CoD, AC, and EA Sports, even though the graphics are finally getting better. I know they were better to begin with, but not by much. Then, there will probably be a new Banjo, but I'm not sure what else to be looking forward to, besides Windows 10 and Xbox 360 BC, like I've already posted a bunch of times.

Hopefully, Windows 10 matters as much as I think it will, but you can never be too sure, and I HAVE looked up if Unity will run on it with no results. From what I can tell, it should run like a regular PC in most cases, give or take a few things(like not being able to run DR3 PC version, for example). There isn't and hasn't been that much information on it(besides streaming), and I know everyone usually has something to b**** about on Windows, so we'll see.

Qwest

Peek-a-boo

The so-called leaked list that I posted on the page prior to this one is actually false!

Unfortunately, the proper list is much worse than the original line-up on the 'leaked' list...

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/09/the-list-of-xbox-one-backwa...

There's an awful lot of Microsoft published games, as well as a handful of SEGA games too.

Here goes:

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Assassin’s Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Bejeweled 2

Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Borderlands
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Centipede & Millipede
Condemned

Crazy Taxi
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Defense Grid
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II
Dungeon Siege III
Earthworm Jim HD

Fable II
Fallout 3
Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy 2
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Golden Axe
Halo: Spartan Assault

Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Heavy Weapon
Hexic HD
Ikaruga
Jetpac Refuelled
Joy Ride Turbo
Just Cause 2
Kameo

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
LEGO Star Wars: TCS
Lode Runner
LUMINES LIVE!
Mass Effect
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Mirror’s Edge
Missile Command

Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island 2: SE
Monkey Island: SE
Ms. Splosion Man
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
NiGHTS into dreams…
OF: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man C.E.

PAC-MAN CE DX+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Pinball FX
Plants vs. Zombies
Prince of Persia
Putty Squad
R-Type Dimensions
Rayman 3 HD

Sacred Citadel
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shadow Complex
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Super Meat Boy
Supreme Commander 2
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas2
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Wolfenstein 3D
Zuma

It's not exactly an inspiring start, but I guess they have to start somewhere, hey?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

Too bad the first list was false. I didn't realize it was a "leak". Anyway, I'm sure they'll get the games I have on there eventually, because they are still Microsoft published or were popular. It's a start. At least Microsoft actually made some BC happen.

Everyone should have known Sony and Microsoft were BSing when they said BC was impossible. Only a few exceptions are made when they say BC can't run, and that's only when the emulator they have somehow is off the mark that only the original hardware could run(and it still may be possible to reprogram that specific software, anyway) That shouldn't be the case, though, because Xbox 360 was more popular than Xbox, which is why they didn't care about Xbox BC on Xbox 360, as much.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Peek-a-boo

@SCAR: The CELL architecture in the PlayStation 3 is so complex that the only way they could get it running is by buying and using the cloud based gaming service, Gaikai. You may know it as the PS Now service that runs on select televisions (mainly Sony and Samsung at the moment) and on the PlayStation 4 itself.

PSone and PS2 support is coming somewhere down the line.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox One shares a similar Power PC architecture and thus, emulation is somewhat easier than the PS3 and PS4.

Props to Microsoft for offering backwards compatibly though! If only they focused on that feature instead of forcing Kinect on the new owners during the consoles first eight months on the market, before they eventually saw common sense (to unbundle it).

On another subject altogether, both Fallout 4 and the sequel to the Tomb Raider reboot are getting pretty good reviews.

Peek-a-boo

SCRAPPER392

@Peek-a-boo
It doesn't matter. That is what creating the emulator is for. If they can build the hardware(Cell), then they create an emulator that recreates it on a more capable machine. That's why Xbox 360 games were ported to PS3, and in turn ported to Wii U. The only games that would be harder to run, are 1st party games like The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, etc, and they already ported over The Last of Us in 1080p. That is proof that they didn't just want to run all the PS3 games, without the extras like they did for The Last of Us.

Qwest

Peek-a-boo

@SCAR: I see what you mean; adding the PS3 architecture (for the emulator) inside a PS4, am I right?

If so, the PlayStation 4 would be selling at a considerable lost (for every unit sold) if they did indeed add the CELL chip inside. Sony were already in big trouble financially at the time - they wanted to sell every system at a profit from day one, and they did.

To be fair, Sony once reported back in the early days of the PlayStation 3 - when their first model was fully backwards compatible with PSone and PS2 games - that, much to my surprise, less than 1% of the users (whom were connected online) used the backwards compatibility.

I think we can both agree that as nice as the feature is, a very low percentage of real world users actually make use of it.

Peek-a-boo

Aviator

TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER TOMB RAIDER!

!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic