Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

I honestly don't know what to look forward to. I'm unable to afford everything and a lot of stuff is rehash/remake or I don't care.

Maybe once Xbox One gets Windows 10, I'll go on Steam or download other BS like older PC games, but it's barren for me, for now.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

@WaveBoy: That is why your first game should Transformers Devastation. You were/are an 80's Transformers fan right? Transformers was #2 for me behind TMNT and in front of He-Man.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

@WaveBoy:
I have to agree, honestly. Dead Rising 3, Halo MCC, and Titanfall have been a blast(even though Titanfall had some issues, at first), but I just see no more reason to buy FPS games. I already have CoD BO II and Ghosts on Wii U, along with Halo(which I've never beaten a Halo campaign until I bought the collection, and I still haven't gotten around to playing 1, or ODST).

Resident Evil remake was back on GCN, and I already have some Xbox 360 games like Reach, etc. I have a backlog, and lots of games are similar, like CoD every year. I just don't see reason to buy much. Tekken 7 looks interesting, but again, I already played Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U for at least 200 hours, and I still might not think a lot of these games are worth buying, because the games on Xbox One and PS4 still just seem too similar to the quality games we got on last generation.
RE2 remake will be worth a look, but it still goes back to what I can afford, otherwise I'd buy everything, obviously.

My backlog reaches back to 3DS, too, so I might as well spend my money on something else. I can't wait to play ESPN Extreme Games and Deadly Rooms of Death on Xbox One, when Windows 10 comes out. Those games were the s*** on Windows '95 Hopefully, Microsoft makes Windows BC happen, like that...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

@WaveBoy: It feels like that for Wii U and 3DS as well recently. Splatoon hasn't really got me as excited as I wanted to be, even with the updates (felt stale fast) and I beat Woolly World rather quickly. The punishment for not being super hyped about Splatoon is a several month gap of absolutely nothing. Meanwhile on XB1, I'm replaying through all the Halo campaigns via Master Chief Collection as I got it free with the console and if I remember correctly, playing Master Chief Collection unlocks stuff in Halo 5 so it makes sense doing that rather than using the Xbox and Xbox 360 discs in my Xbox 360.

I desperately need a Direct to give me more to look forward to on Wii U and 3DS or at least release dates for the games I'm excited for, Xenoblade X could be 2016 in Europe for all we know for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Picked up Zone of the Enders HD Collection & Metal Gear Rising today for my 360 at GameStop.

I probably should have pounced on Tales of Vesparia, since they had it in stock, but I already had my mind set on buying at least two games, and it would have eaten up my budget by itself.

Not sure when I'll get to play them, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Beat Zone of the Enders HD (just the first game, not the entire collection).

My full impressions are in the Games You Recently Beat? thread, but I will say it was a really fun time, even if it shows it's age in spots.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If I delete a game I got free with gold from my Xbox One, can I redownloaded it again later still for free?

Yes you can. In fact you don't even need to download it to own it. All you have to do is when it's offered start the download and then cancel it thus locking it in for you. I still have free games form gold that I have yet to download and play.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If I delete a game I got free with gold from my Xbox One, can I redownloaded it again later still for free?

Yes you can. In fact you don't even need to download it to own it. All you have to do is when it's offered start the download and then cancel it thus locking it in for you. I still have free games form gold that I have yet to download and play.

Wow, I had no idea you can do that! That's pretty convenient.

Tasuki

@Retro_on_theGo: Yep what's even really nice is that I don't even own an Xbox One but through my 360 I can add the Xbox One free games to my library so when I do get an Xbox One I will have a decent library to start with.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Just ordered a copy of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) through Amazon.

I remember my friend had a copy shortly after I first got a 360 back in '07, and while I never played it myself, it always looked interesting when I watched him play it, so I figured it's about time to get to it myself.

It should be getting here in a couple weeks, so hopefully I have Metal Gear Rising completed by then.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dee0342

I started playing some Crysis 3 since they gave it away for free if you got gold. Multiplayer is not half bad.

Dee0342

RR529

Oh yeah, I finished up the story mode of Metal Gear Rising (360) a few nights ago. Really cool game. Going to try and do another playthrough on easy before Lost Planet gets here just to see if I can find any of the collectables I missed the first time around.

Also started on the VR Missions, and these things are tough (mainly because you can't play them on easy, thus no block assist). I've managed to complete the first 4, though.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

My copy of Lost Planet came in early (yesterday, in fact), so I played the prologue last night, and the first mission today.

I'm no shooter connoisseur (either third or first person), but I'm liking it so far. Despite it's limited ammo, my favorite weapon so far is the rocket launcher, though the machine gun always comes in handy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DefHalan

RR529 wrote:

My copy of Lost Planet came in early (yesterday, in fact), so I played the prologue last night, and the first mission today.

I'm no shooter connoisseur (either third or first person), but I'm liking it so far. Despite it's limited ammo, my favorite weapon so far is the rocket launcher, though the machine gun always comes in handy.

I enjoyed the gameplay mostly, the only thing I didn't like was the Orange Glowy stuff. Having to collect a bunch of it and never feeling like I had enough time to explore a level really drained the experience for me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

@DefHalan, yeah, I was worried about that too, but fortunately enemies seem to have dropped more than enough where I haven't felt pressured so far (again, only through mission 1, so things could very well change).

Even after beating the first boss, I had over 2,000 left, and that was after spending most of the fight in a Vital Suit (which drain that energy like crazy).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

MrGameluvr

Hello all, how are you doing today? Well I hope. I have a question regarding the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.

I have read that if you play the game between August and December of this year that you will get all of the other games (GoW 1-3 and Judgement) through the backwards compatibility program when it launches this fall. However, there is one detail that I am confused about. Some sources say that to qualify for this, all you have to do is play the game while others say you have to play online. Does that mean just connected to the Internet or as in play in an online match? I only ask because I do not have Xbox Live Gold and I do not want to buy a subscription if I don't have to.

Edited on by MrGameluvr

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Gamer83

@MrGameluvr:
Hope this helps...

Q: Do I need to have Xbox Live Gold?
If you purchase and play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition while connected to Xbox Live – whether a Silver or Gold member – by December 31 2015, you will qualify.

Source: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate-edit...

To be on the safe side, if you want to get in touch through e-mail or twitter, I have a bunch of two-day XBL trial codes. I could provide you with one so you could get on play a round of multiplayer and be good to go when the older games are available.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

MrGameluvr

@Gamer83: That would be wonderful! Thank you so much

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic