Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 11,914

Jazzer94

HollywoodHogan wrote:

@Jazzer94:

Then what about the design stereotypes of Nintendo games that cater to anime/brony-types?

This guy seems to believe that his beliefs and likes are superior to all others, or that one company is better than the rest, while I am just pointing out that ALL companies target their games/products to specific groups.

He believes that it's completely normal for Nintendo to feature cutesy and colorful characters on their box art because thats what those games are about, but then seems to have a problem when a game that is from another developer has a 'dudebro' box cover?

Mega Man 2 on the NES had a pretty 'dudebro' box cover too, but hopefully he has gotten over that one ray:

I'm not taking any side (or particularly care about this conversation) I'm just trying to make you aware that you were going off on a tangent and changing the topic at hand.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Don

I'm disappointed they still haven't announced a new Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark game yet.

Don

DefHalan

TylerTheCreator wrote:

I almost regret buying the Xbox One. All of the Xbox exclusives don't appeal to me at all, and the console is really, really slow. What is the 8 GB of RAM even for?

8GB of RAM is there to lock everything to 30fps except on rare occasion lol jk

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Don wrote:

I'm disappointed they still haven't announced a new Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark game yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are tracking what games people play the most on the Rare Replay to gauge what new games Rare should make.

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

Don wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are tracking what games people play the most on the Rare Replay to gauge what new games Rare should make.

That's it, I'm buying a million Xbones and have them put on an endless loop of playing R.C. Pro-Am.

6ch6ris6

@TheLastLugia: kinda funny that you are the one defending my comment that started the debate about the scalebound protagonist^^ im totally with you on that topic. cant undestand why so many people here dont understand you/us.

on topic: ehm...still not buying an xbox one or any other 8th gen console. but microsoft's portfolio is not that bad by now.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ryno

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That's it, I'm buying a million Xbones and have them put on an endless loop of playing R.C. Pro-Am.

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

TylerTheCreator wrote:

I almost regret buying the Xbox One. All of the Xbox exclusives don't appeal to me at all, and the console is really, really slow. What is the 8 GB of RAM even for?

Hopefully that is improved with Window 10. Wasn't the Xbox One designed with Windows 10 in mind anyway? According to Mike Ybarra (Director of Program Management for Xbox) "We’re bringing an improved Guide (like 360 Guide) with the new UI for Xbox One. It is fast and gets you to the things you want in a click." http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/08/gamescom_2015_new_ui_tar...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Don wrote:

I am hoping for a new Viva Pinata

TylerTheCreator

@Ryno: I sure hope so. Thanks for showing me this.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

shingi_70

@ryno

The irony is people complain about CG trailers but than tear apaprt pre alpha gameplay.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

-Green-

@shingi_70: Those are usually the type of people who are displeased with everything.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

The irony is people complain about CG trailers but than tear apaprt pre alpha gameplay.

and those are the same people buying that game day one without waiting for reviews...

RR529

With as cheap as the games are getting now, I think this'll be the perfect time to rebuild my 7th gen library.

We have both a 360 & a PS3, yet I only own 2 games on each system (Red Dead Redemption & Dead Island on the former, and InFamous & LBP on the latter).

I originally sold off my 360 collection when our old one RROD'd (my bro, who isn't really into games, randomly bought the cheap model with no hard drive a few months later, just to play James Cameron's Avatar: the Game, since he's a huge fan of the movie), and I just never got into the PS3 for whatever reason, even though I'm a big PS2 fan (the PS3 is pretty much just our father's MLB the Show machine at the moment).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SCRAPPER392

Still don't care about KI. Awesome the Battletoads guy is in, now, though.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Lil_B

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is interested in trading for an UK Halo Master Chief Collection Code?

Picked up an XB1 last month (the Halo MCC bundle as that was the only one available at the time) & whilst I thoroughly enjoyed Combat Evolve/Anniversary & Reach back on the 360, I'm not particularly a fan of 2, 3 or 4.
I would rather wait for the backwards compatibility in Nov & pick up CEA & Reach separately & save some gb space too.

Tend to stick to platformers & adventure/story driven games nowadays so if anyone is interested & has a spare code for; Ori & The Blind Forest, Child Of Light, Valiant Heart, Tempo etc for example, any of them would be much appreciated thank you. Just shoot me a message if so.

Thanks & happy gaming.

Playing
3ds:Return to PopoloCrois
PSV: Steins;Gate, P4:DAN & Akiba's Trip
PS4: Gravity Rush

Anticipated: HM:Project X, Steins;Gate 0, Akiba's Beat, Gravity Rush 2 & Sun/Moon

Peach64

Rare Replay hits the number 1 spot in the UK chart, the first Xbox only game to do this since the console launched. Thrilled to see it get success and hopefully show these type of games are still wanted.

Peach64

Peek-a-boo

Peach64 wrote:

Rare Replay hits the number 1 spot in the UK chart, the first Xbox only game to do this since the console launched. Thrilled to see it get success and hopefully show these type of games are still wanted.

Rare Replay, as excellent as the collection is, is a budget priced game (it's less than £20 everywhere) being released in the slowest week of the year at the height of summer and during the British school summer holidays too.

I am thrilled too, but its context is meaningless without any numbers. It could have done ten million or ten thousand - I am leaning towards the latter number. I do rather like knowing that a British developer reached number one for the first time on the Xbox One before anybody else though!

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic