Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 Worth it?

Posts 1 to 20 of 33

vampirelich

I only have a Wii and PS3 but tomorrow walmart is having a special on 360 Arcades its $199.99 but you get a $100 gift card. So I was going to pick up the Arcade and use the $100 gift card to pick up a 120 gig HDD for the 360.

So basically its like getting a 120 gig 360 for about $250 with tax and stuff, so what do you guys think?
Worth it or not?

vampirelich

WolfRamHeart

Yes, it is definitely worth it. It looks like Walmart is trying to get the early jump on Black Friday. I just hope that you get there early because I'm sure that they are going to go really fast. Good luck on getting one.

WolfRamHeart

Nintendork

Old(er) model: hell no
New model: maybe.......

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

vampirelich

They start selling them at 7am, and Im goin try and get there by 6:30
I had called and they only have 14 of them.

Edited on by vampirelich

vampirelich

Slapshot

I thought the Elite is now $300 USD isn't that an even better deal, not that this one doesn't sound great..... and whats your PSN screen name, post it in the PS3 Thread

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Corbs

The Xbox 360 is a great console. I think you'll enjoy it. And good luck scoring that deal.

Plain old gamer :)

Don't by the XBOX 360. I had two of them, and both of them crashed the exact same way. I took the best possible care of it as well, even sprang for the cooling station. Do yourself a favor, save your money.

Edited on by

cheetahman91

Get it. Just beware of the red ring of death.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

moomoo

Considering you already have a PS3, I can't fully recommend it, since a ton of the best games on the Xbox 360 are also on that, like Bioshock and the Orange Box. Still, if you want to play Halo, Gears of War, and Tales of Vespiria, then get it.
Be warned: the thing might (probably) break down.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

The_Fox

Sure. All three of the consoles are well worth it in their own way, and anyone that tells you different is flat out wrong.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

I honestly don't think the 360 is worth it. It's a shame too, 'cause the XBLA has some good titles to offer.

Edited on by

RandomWiiPlayer

cheetahman91 wrote:

Get it. Just beware of the red ring of death.

It has been reduced by a hell of a lot, so I don't think he has much to worry about.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

DarkG

You can get the Arcade at Walmart for $199 with a $100 gift card... then, use the card to get a 120 GB HDD, and you'll end with a $250 Xbox 360 Elite console (Elite is at $299 and comes with 120 GB HDD)... or, get a Modern Warfare 2 or Forza 3 edition console... they are $399 and come with 2 controllers, game, limited edition console, Play& Charge kits, 250 GB console...

If your PC can't run Source games (aka Valve's latest games), then grab The Organge Box (PS3 version is way too bad), and be sure to grab either Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2... I've played it on both my PC and Xbox 360, and apart from the controller difference, the Xbox 360 version looks as good as the highest settings on PC, except for AA.

Also, if you have a Credit Card, you could get an Xbox LIVE Gold 1 year subscription for $43 at maximuscards.com, so you can get the whole experience, including the 120 GB HDD, for less than $300. If you want an extra controller, be sure to check out the pack that comes with some Arcade games, that way you get more for le$$.

Be sure to come back and post any other questions, or your Gamertag (be sure to NOT create a Gamertag from Xbox.com, if you create it from your console, you get a free 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription)

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

bboy1

If it's clearance, it might be old stock i.e. old models

bboy1

V8_Ninja

If you're into FPSs, RPGs, and Sports Games: Yes.

If you're looking for a console that has MORE than FPSs, RPGs, and Sports Games: No.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

DarkG

V8+Ninja wrote:

If you're into FPSs, RPGs, and Sports Games: Yes..

You forgot Arcade Racing, Driving Sims, Plattformers, Action/Adventure games, the best online gaming experience, and the best and most extensive downloadable games library.

And don't forget games that don't fit into any traditional style... for example Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, You're in the Movies, or Viva Piñata... and the upcoming Natal obviously.

PS: with Lionhead Studios and RARE part of Microsoft Game Studios, how can you go wrong with an Xbox 360? those 2 alone made me buy an Xbox 360 in the first place, and along the way, I discovered awesome games I knew next to nothing about, like Project Gotham Racing, Forza, Gears of War, or Halo....

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

The_Fox

V8+Ninja wrote:

If you're looking for a console that has MORE than FPSs, RPGs, and Sports Games: No.

Hey, can I play stereotypical generalization also?

Should I get a Wii?

If you like shovelware and kiddie games: yes

If you like deep, interesting games: no

That was fun and look how it made the Wii appear!

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Machu

vampirelich wrote:

I only have a Wii and PS3

It's a hard life.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

RandomWiiPlayer

V8+Ninja wrote:

Fanboyism is REALLY annoying.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.