Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 3,310

komicturtle

Big issue with playing TF2. Seems like the update bugged the Mac versions of the game so when you join a server, the game crashes. Hope they get this fixed soon D:

komicturtle

_mikero_

New special is up... free weekend play of Dino D-Day!

Edited on by _mikero_

_mikero_

komicturtle

Glad they fixed it

And I was considering getting From Dust later on but realized, I cannot play games like that because I tend to freak out if my people die and I feel powerless against such things.. And stuff...

komicturtle

V8_Ninja

Anyone heard of the game called E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It's a new game that just released today (7/29/2011) that appears to be a unique mix of Deus Ex and Bioshock, all blended together in Valve's Source engine. The game is made by Streum On Studio, whose previous game was the Half-Life 1 mod Syndicate Black Ops. The Deus Ex inspiration comes from how many solutions there are to a single situation. Some of those solutions are stealthy sniper assassinations, building attack drones, hacking defense turrets to attack enemies, hacking enemies to attack other enemies, and luring enemies into proximity mines (you can also go in guns-blazing, but that's the bland option ). The Bioshock inspiration comes from the fact that you have powers that let you do all sorts of things, such as teleportation and realizing fake clones. Also, one of the game's major focuses is that it has heavy RPG elements that allow you to increase your abilities. From what I've seen the game looks really good. Here's a couple of trailers;

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

irken004

I'll wait for a sale to get it, unless someone gets a 4-pack and shares one with me :3

Ravage

Wow, that game looks freakin' awesome.

Also, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is finally on sale. Considering picking it up.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

smithers

anyone ever played bit.trip.runner so fickin hard, im on the stage right before the boss in the first section and its like 5 times as long as all the others...imma kill this game. but it is cool how they incorporate the music into it

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz must become the best Dota player in THE WO- nah, too much work

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Xkhaoz

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Portal 2 got a permanent mark-down to $30.

irken004

Swiket wrote:

This mod just came out the other day called "The Stanley Parable". I didn't think it would be that great from the screenshots but I was bored and decided to try it. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised, this isn't your typical run and gun mod with zombies or vehicles. In fact, you don't do any fighting and there are no enemies. It's best if you don't know anything about it until you try it.

The Stanley Parable is an experimental narrative-driven first person game. It is an exploration of choice, freedom, storytelling and reality, all examined through the lens of what it means to play a video game.You will make a choice that does not matter

You will follow a story that has no end

You will play a game you cannot win

You need Half-Life 2 installed. Download it here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable

Just played it, and it is trippy Very nice mod, with multiple endings

reborn

This can seem a stupid question but, do you know if "August's sales" (the sales that are appearing the 5th, 6th and 7th) are only limited to Doom and Quake games? In other words, are other games supposed to appear (appart from daily deals and that type of "normal deals")?
Thanks in advance!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

Xkhaoz

@reborn It's really a big id and Bestheda sale. I saw Fallout and Commander Keen on sale.

C-195

Swiket wrote:

reborn wrote:

This can seem a stupid question but, do you know if "August's sales" (the sales that are appearing the 5th, 6th and 7th) are only limited to Doom and Quake games? In other words, are other games supposed to appear (appart from daily deals and that type of "normal deals")?
Thanks in advance!

The Elder Scrolls and Fallout games should get some deals.

There's also yet another crossover item, If you buy Quake 4 before the sale ends, you will get a new Rocket Launcher for the Soldier.

Edited on by C-195

C-195

Xkhaoz

Hmmm, I have no idea why, but I am strangely attracted to Elder Scrolls 3....If it goes for $5 I'd get it, but i don't know if it will go for $5, as no games were down 75% the first day.

reborn

@Kid_Khaozarus I understand you completely 'cause I'm thinking the same. In fact, TES: Morrowind is one of the most engaging games I've ever heard of (even "it's not as good as Oblivion"). We'll know the price very soon (today is the day when the Elder Scrolls's Franchise will be on sale ).
Although that's true, I've realized Bastions's coming to Steam in two weeks, so I don't know what i'm going to do!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

@irken004 Yep, and it's surprisingly similar to Bomberman, of all things;

Oh, and since Brink has a free weekend, I decided to play some of it. Here's what I've learned about Brink:

• The PC port is terrible. I can get 60+ FPS but the game still looks choppy. Yes, I've tried the best optimization for my computer and the game still is choppy.
  • There are tons of character customization options...but you have to level up your character to unlock them. There really isn't a whole lot of flexibility in the beginning and this brings up one of my most common problems with upgrade systems; why am I getting trivial stuff for upgrading? Shouldn't I keep being rewarded with important stuff that I can actually use to enhance my character instead of making me look like some American's vision of what a Yakuza member looks like?
  • The whole "SMART" movement system is only good for when you want to drop your elevation quickly. Other than that, it's completely worthless.
  • Why do I have to play special missions in order to unlock more weapons? Shouldn't I be able to unlock the ability to purchase weapons from, I don't know, leveling up?!

Yes, there are a few positives, such as the fact that it does make first person shooting and gaining experience slightly enjoyable, but they aren't good enough to warrant the game a purchase. I'll probably play more and post about the game again if I change my tune.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Blink

Humble Indie Bundle 3 just added Atom Zombie Smasher, which is a fan-freaking-fun zombie rescue game also on Steam, Steel Storm Retribution, a top-down shooter, and the entirety of Humble Indie Bundle 2. Honestly, if you don't take advantage of this amazing deal, you are no gamer.

3DS FC: 3780-9141-3051 (Scott)
Steam user name: Blink the Conjurer
I believe in the power. The power of GRAMMAR! Huzzah!
Binary solo! 1000101 1000101

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.