Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 16,083

AlexSays

@Octane Yeah I think it's a U.S. thing, I've heard of Comcast and DirectTV (or Dish Network) having caps. I've never heard of any provider in the EU having a cap though.

And I'm not sure how many places in the U.S. only have access to those select providers with the caps. Granted, internet infrastructure here is third world compared to probably any European country, so I'm sure its a problem in some states.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

@Operative2-0 No I'm blaming consumers for complaining about a luxury item.

I said if you're capped I can understand.

I said if your internet is slow, thats your own problem. Download games at night, it's not hard. The PS4 gives you an option to install stuff when the console is in rest mode. Utilize the rest mode. Even with your 5 kbps you should be able to download updates overnight just fine.

AlexSays

TuVictus

Yeah, really appreciate that sarcastic tone, dude. 5kbps. You got me. The point is, for alot of people it's very annoying to have to redownload all that junk. Especially if the urge to play hits suddenly.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Ralizah

I mean, most really long games I don't play from start to finish, but I usually try not to have too many of those going at the same time. At some point, I'll have left it long enough that I completely lose interest. Like Xenoblade Chronicles. Left the game about halfway through a year ago and... really have no desire to revisit it. Maybe in a few years I'll restart from the beginning. Probably not, though. Open world is super boring to explore, and the fact that I never seem to be able to view those heart-to-heart moments really irritates me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Operative2-0 wrote:

Yeah, really appreciate that sarcastic tone, dude. 5kbps. You got me. The point is, for alot of people it's very annoying to have to redownload all that junk. Especially if the urge to play hits suddenly.

This. I don't see why it's so hard to understand for some people, but whatever. You guys can just tell me to "get used to it" and "change the way I play MY games" while I sit over here, trying hard to be the better man about this. Yeah, I'd rather play the SNES if this is where we're going. It's not like those aren't good anymore. I can't afford to be buying loads of extra hard drives just so I can utilize the only convenience console gaming has left. And I don't take that to mean other forms of gaming have gotten more convenient, either. I'm getting really tired of being 24 and feeling like everything was better 5-10 years ago, before every good idea was broken over their kneecap and stopped on before it's handed back to the consumer. That's supposed to be reserved for old people, but I guess mid-20's is old in this digital age...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

You don't have to get used to anything. You don't have to change the way you play games, you're being a bit dramatic.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I can't afford to be buying loads of extra hard drives just so I can utilize the only convenience console gaming has left.

Loads of extra hard drives? A single 2 tb internal hdd will give about 1.7 tb worth of space. Assuming the average game size is 50 gb, you can keep 34 games on your system at all times. 34 full size games.

You all act like you download and redownload games every day and you're seriously afflicted by this.

Didn't the PS4 even release an upgrade for 4 tb hard drives? That would be nearly 70 games. You either have an incredibly large library of games or you don't want to spend money upgrading your storage space.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

1.77 tb... just loaded up my PS4 and that's how much space is available for games from a 2 tb drive.

My average space taken up per game is 33 gb. So I could have 54 games on my system before ever deleting and reinstalling anything.

Edit: I removed the low-end outliers (Rocket League for example) and the average bumped up to 38 gb/game. That's 46 full size games (Uncharted 4, MGS V, TW3 type of games).

How can you afford that many games but not a one-time upgrade for less than $100?

Here they are refurbished by Amazon for $90. Here you are.

For the price of less than two games, you can have immediate access to approx. 46 games. I will concede, once you purchase that 47th game, you may need to painstakingly find one of the previous 46 to delete.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Peek-a-boo

New EDGE magazine today, and it is a great read!

Untitled

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild got a 10 whereas both Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh got a 9.

Each of the three games have a very gushing review, and are joined by The Last Guardian, Resident Evil VII and Yakuza 0 in receiving a rare 9 in the past few months.

It empathises just how great the last couple of months has been (to play games).

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

I always like the covers of Edge magazine. This one is great too.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

In fear of being told off by CanisWolfred, I shall just post one in-game photo of Horizon Zero Dawn:

Untitled

You are playing a game with Uncharted 4-esque visuals in an open world environment.

The opening ten minutes is just pure eye candy.

Peek-a-boo

AlexSays

That's in-game? That shot looks amazing.

AlexSays

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Yes, all thanks to The Game Collection!

@AlexSays Yes, it is an in-game capture (using the Share button).

Thoroughly enjoying the experience so far, and playing this kind of game without seeing or using any guns is ssoooo refreshing. Aloy is also a wonderfully endearing character too; it is really nice to play as a strong-willed female for a change.

The last four games I have played are The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil VII and now this. I have never, ever played four consistently excellent and totally varied sequence of games in my entire life.

Peek-a-boo

AlexSays

Was hoping you had a regular pleb PS4 like me... brb cancelling preorder.

I'd toss my old PS4 in the fireplace but I don't have one of those either ;(

AlexSays

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo The environments might be Uncharted 4 quality, but the character models and facial animations most definitely aren't. Either way, I take your point that 2017 has been fantastic so far. Especially when you consider that you have yet to play other fantastic games like Nioh and Yakuza 0. Also, all of the Nintendo exclusives releasing soon, Persona 5, (probably) Etrian Odyssey V, Danganronpa V3, etc. 2017 might go down as one of the greatest years in gaming.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@AlexSays Don't worry. From what I've read, the PS4 version looks almost just as good. The only real noticeable difference is the resolution, 1080p or 4K. I've seen the comparisons and the differences are hard to spot, because you're still looking at a 1080p video of a 4K game.

@Ralizah I think the models look fine, it's just the facial animations. It's still the best looking open-world game though. It's impressive how close open world games can get to something like Uncharted 4. I find this more impressive to be honest. Of course, that's just at first sight, I know some of the sacrifices they had to make to get this running at 1080p and a solid 30fps. Nothing major though; a lot of the small foliage doesn't move in Aloy's presence for example.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

The last time I stayed up past midnight to play a video game was back in 2005, when I was enthralled by the 'what kind of colossi am I going to see - and scale upon - next?' gameplay in Shadow of the Colossus.

So yeah, it was nearly one o'clock in the morning when my heavy eyes decided to call it a day, which was mere moments after bringing down an aggressively fierce boss after a fantastically atmospheric build up.

I have got a lot of love for this game, and I cannot see anything diverting my attention away from it for quite some time. I thoroughly hope everybody on here enjoys it as much I do!

:EDIT: In regards to the faces, outside of some lip-syncing oddities, I believe they look almost as detailed as those you find in Uncharted 4, which is no mean feat for an open world playground:

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic