Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 16,083

Octane

@JaxonH That's a fair price, but I'm afraid that's for US only. I've seen it for around €45-50 here, but I can wait. Got plenty of games left to play in the meantime.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Shinion

I'm still on the cautiously optimistic stage with Titanfall 2's campaign after the first few levels/chapters. The shooting and movement in both titan and non-titan modes are great, it's got loads of charm and personality to the characters which I did not expect and it looks fantastic. My main issue that's bringing the whole thing down a bit is I am tired of the basic enemies in the game, be they humans or robots. They're already just blending together and I couldn't care less about what should be a significant factor to the enjoyment which is getting something out of killing the bad guys, and I'm not.

It'll inevitably be compared to Doom and I think comparisons are fair, particularly in this area that is an issue with Titanfall 2, it was one of Doom's best strengths for me, the demons were fantastic.

And those spider bombs..............

Shinion

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

@CanisWolfred The Rayman guy, Ancel, with the then-newly formed Wild Sheep Studio. Apparently he's working at Ubisoft concurrently on Beyond Good and Evil 2.

So....I guess we can expect it some time after hell freezes over......and honestly, I watched several gameplay videos yesterday, and I gotta echo Octane's opinion here, it looks like a National Geographics edutainment game at best, a frightfully dull realistic sandbox at worst. At least so far, admittedly there wasn't much footage that I could find (only ~4 different videos since mid-2014), so there's plenty of room for improvement.

...I don't know if there's enough room that I'd say its worth juggling two major projects. I honestly hope its not cutting too much into Beyond Good & Evil 2's development. While I didn't play sa lot of the first one, at least I could positively identify it as a game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion I completed Titanfall 2 two days ago, and whilst I share your opinion that the ground soldier enemies seem to be very feeble in terms of AI and the way they give up their ghost, the titans on the other hand, especially the bosses - especially on Master difficultly mode - are a joy to take down after a long arduous and sometimes surprisingly strategic battles.

I am not a FPS fan outside of the BioShock series and the first and third Halo games however, both DOOM and Titanfall 2 have given me a new perspective on the genre this year, after really enjoying them both. Heck, even Battlefield 1 was better than I expected too.

I am not sure how far in in the game you are, but the real time switching/travelling mechanic is absolutely outstanding, and I was sad to see it go after one level/mission.

The level/mission in which you hear the female commander give your team a brief prep speech before saying 'standby for titanfall', only for you to feel the complete weight of your own titan dropping from sky high into the thick of a battle with nearly 20 titans is probably the best moment in the game.

It looks awesome, and feels awesome. And the game is full of these moments.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

@CanisWolfred Quite crucially, I would remind you that Wild Sheep Studios are developing WiLD, and Ubisoft Beyond Good and Evil 2 — 1080p furry simulator if sharks had fur (or the NX had 1080p).

Ancel is just the director of the first game / creative mind associated with both of the projects.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CanisWolfred

Haru17 wrote:

@CanisWolfred Quite crucially, I would remind you that Wild Sheep Studios are developing WiLD, and Ubisoft Beyond Good and Evil 2 — 1080p furry simulator if sharks had fur (or the NX had 1080p).

Ancel is just the director of the first game / creative mind associated with both of the projects.

That's good to - wait, are you saying Ubisoft is helming BG&E2? Because if so...is it open world? Please tell me it doesn't have an open world...

EDIT: Researches Oh, they haven't actually remarked about that yet, though a few bits of info imply a larger scope. Also, it sounds like they've been working it to some capacity since 2008 (kinda forgot about that), so maybe it'd still have some pre-Assassin's Creed Ubisoft influence left in it, back when they at least had a fair degree of creative freedom.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

whats weird is that dmc devil may cry definitive edition is going for 40$ on the psn:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dmc-devil-may-cr...
but yet i got my physical copy factory sealed months ago for 20$ free shipping...waaa?
rare download time?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Peek-a-boo

Jesus.

There's a man in the know (on NeoGAF) who used to work for EA and BioWare whom is dropping extremely subtle hints to the following:

Marvel vs Capcom 4
The Last of Us 2
WipEout

To be at the PlayStation Experience in a weeks time.

Those three would be brilliant! Almost like a wish list being fulfilled.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I've seen it too. Don't really care about the first one, Wipeout is pretty neat. I'm not sure about TLOU2 though. One of the best games of last gen, but I feel it's better off as a standalone title. I worry that a sequel cannot live up to the original, and I kinda wish we got something completely new instead.

Octane

Ralizah

Marvel vs Capcom 4 is the only one I actually care about. MvC2 on the Dreamcast was quite a bit of fun.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I'd be most excited for WipEout out of those 3. One of those racing franchises like F-Zero that really could do with a revival.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

I'm with Octane. A sequel to The Last of Us isn't something I particularly want, especially if Ellie or Joel are involved again however, a new standalone story with new characters could be something worthwhile if Naughty Dog pulls it off.

As for Marvel vs Capcom 4; it would make Street Fighter V go from first to second tier in fighting tournaments. I would go CRAZY if it is in 2D, or uses the same technology that Guilty Gear Xrd does so well!

As for WipEout, any return to that iconic series would be greeted in open arms. I can only imagine how good it would look on the Pro, or even a track that is exclusively made for virtual reality for the PlayStation VR.

There are lots of good things that could potentially happen at the PlayStation Experience!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Let's not forget about the Uncharted DLC!

TGA also takes place two days before the Sony conference. I don't expect any major reveals, but there's usually something revealed during that event too.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane Not expecting much of anything out of Sony at TGA, but the third parties, Microsoft, and Nintendo may have something there. I'd bet money Nintendo will have an Ever Oasis trailer at TGA.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CanisWolfred

@Peek-a-boo - I'd be surprised if there was never another The Last of Us game....I mean, I would be happy, but mostly because I wanted that name to be prophetic, but whatever. Sony's gotta make dat munny.

I want to believe that there will be a new Wipeout game, but even harder for me to believe is that another Wipeout game could be worthwhile without the original dev's magic touch.

An MVC4 would be welcome, but only if they be more careful about it than they were with SFV and SFxT. Granted, even MVC3 needed an enhancement, which proved to be for the better (it's the only Capcom vs. game I honestly enjoyed, in fact. It actually felt reasonably deep and balanced for once).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred 'The Last of Us of Us' (a play on an echo in an isolated world), or 'Rise of The Last of Us' (the silly title that was used for both Planet of the Apes and Tomb Raider).

Or maybe even 'The Last of Them', ha ha!

In other news in the world of PlayStation:

There's a flash digital sale on the EU and UK PlayStation store, which is the first 'flash sale' we have had in our side of the world.

Bought BOUND and Headlander (created by those who did the original Costume Quest and Stacking) for £6.49 each, which is a 60% saving on each other's respective original price.

The likes of ABZÛ, Grow Up (the sequel to Grow Home), I am Setsuna, INSIDE, Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, Shadow of the Beast, SOMA, Unravel and The Witness are all part of this generous flash sale.

In other news, the UK saw the best sales of the PlayStation 4 during the Black Friday period since launch, which sold a shy over a quarter of a million back then. Even the Pro is doing very well too!

I hope all those new customers do their bit and buy The Last Guardian next week.

I still cannot believe it is actually happening...

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Really cheesed off that Broken Age isn't in that there sale. Seen it in a few sales over the last several months but decided it wasn't for me but since I came round and pencilled it in for a purchase the next time it goes on sale... it has not been on sale.

Qué sera and all that.

Shinion

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo

How about Not The Last of Us After All?

Followed by a string of sequels:
Ooops, There Were Even More of Us
Actually, There Seem to be Quite a Lot of Us
Jesus, How Many More of Us Are There?

I'd just buy the collection of themes games on the PS6.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peach64

Don't want to get too excited by the rumours. Who would even be making a new Wipeout at this point?

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic