Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,201 to 5,220 of 16,083

AlexSays

Lets get to the serious questions... is the icon for the actual game different than the preload icon on the dashboard?

Because the random blue background looks pretty ugly.

Never mind, it changed. Hallelujah. The dashboard icon with the trees and sky in the background looks 100x nicer.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Peek-a-boo

Fighting not one, but TWO Thunderjaw's at the same time made me go like:

Untitled

Anybody else got their copy yet?!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Unfortunately, no. I've got mine pre-ordered at a reliable retailer that always delivers on time. The downside is, they won't break the street date either. But I also know I'm getting my copy tomorrow. Only one more day...

Octane

AlexSays

So far this game is incredible. The graphics are definitely the best I've ever seen on a console, the hunting is extremely intense (especially when you screw up and have to improvise), the story has drawn me in. Plus the dynamic UI increases the immersion a ton.

This might be one of the best games Sony has ever published. Three days before what may be the greatest game Nintendo has ever published.

What a week..

Also, if the next Elder Scrolls game looks this good or even better I'll lose my mind (and probably career cause I'll never leave the apartment).

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Octane

Horizon Zero Dawn arrived! And so it begins...

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

Limited Edition of Horizon came in yesterday....I'm going to leave it in the box until I beat Zelda....no point in starting all these games. Still working on Nioh anyway. I'm glad it is getting good reviews though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm just praying I'm done with Zelda by the time Persona 5 releases. If not, I might just have to make BotW the game I play while I'm out of the house.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Aww. I forgot about Persona. I need a clone. Let her go to work everyday.

...Still need to get the Last Guardian too.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Heh. When you're a kid, you have all the time in the world and no money. When you're an adult, you have money but no time.

For people privileged enough to live in middle-class households, at least.

Sigh

EDIT: Yeah, I haven't played TLG either. And at the rate exciting new games are releasing...

Edited on by Ralizah

AlexSays

The fights in this game are insane. Just fought a pair of watchers and a bellowback for the first time in sort of a secret spot.

Between some of the fights, the crazy environments, and random things like riding the tall things, this is providing some of the coolest experiences so far this generation. Reminds me of when I first started playing The Witcher 3 and how impressive everything was.

I get sidetracked by something every two seconds in the game as well (in a good way), so this is going to take ages to finish.

AlexSays

Gamer83

I'm a little over 20 hours into Horizon now, and yeah, it is definitely one of the best games I've played this gen. I always figured the graphics would be great, but Guerrilla excels at that, but it's the variety in the battles, the stealth mechanic, the traps... that all add up to make this one heck of a fun experience. Then there's the cool, new protagonist and an intriguing story in a highly interesting open world that itself has a big mystery about it. I still feel like I haven't really scratched the surface with this game, can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Gamer83

Octane

Managed to play yesterday late night for a couple of hours. I think I'm 3 hours in, but I've done a lot of goofing around. Loving so far. The environment is beautifully detailed, I can't find to find other biomes. The combat is fantastic too, it's definitely no run&gun game. Stealth is important, and every battle is a tactical fight, and I'm just fighting the basic stuff! They can easily take you out in two hits or so. I like the gathering and crafting too. All in all, it was a bit overwhelming at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Even the facial animations are way better than some of the preview footage made it out to be, so I'm pleasantly surprised by that as well. And I just got home, so this means more HZD for the rest of the day!

Octane

Octane

Just a reminder for everyone that is caught up in the 10/10 Zelda reviews. NieR: Automata reviews are out as well, and they're looking not too shabby either. The first four reviews gave it a 10, a 9.3, and two 9s. So here it is, another game to add to your ever-growing backlog. I wonder if in a few years time we'll look back to this period and remember the good ol' days of early 2017 when brilliant games fell out of the sky left and right.

Octane

Ralizah

Q1 2017 continues to be utterly insane. How long has it been since so many great games released in such close proximity to one-another? This will go down as a legendary year for the industry.

AlexSays

Its even crazier that some of the most successful games this quarter have been new IPs (HZD and Nioh).

I'm anticipating Nier to drop quite a bit but it's been an amazing start to the year nonetheless. And one of the most anticipated games of the year has yet to come (RDR).

Mass Effect Andromeda has a lot of potential as well. I'm hopeful that'll fall in the 85-90 aggregate range.

AlexSays

Ralizah

@AlexSays I'm not hopeful for that one. I'm still salty that they've taken the series further and further away from its RPG roots with every new entry.

RDR2 will probably be a gem. When was the last time a Rockstar developed game WASN'T superb?

Ralizah

Heads up for people in NA: Amazon is selling Resident Evil VII for $39.99.

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@AlexSays I'm not hopeful for that one. I'm still salty that they've taken the series further and further away from its RPG roots with every new entry.

I'm not, but then again, I'm of the opinion that the first Mass Effect game was really bad at being an RPG, and the only thing truly missing from the sequels was exploration...which they're promising to bring back in Spades in Andromeda. So...I'm set. Plus, it just looks fun. Screw conventions. It's not like old CRPGs were fun, anyways. I'd rather be jetpacking, teleporting, shotgunning, and evicerating my opponents in a beautiful sci-fi setting instead of juggling stats all day, and deterimining the destiny of a character I know nothing about, in a world I've just barely begun to experience - all without any chance to rejigger those stats because "my choices have to matter!"

Hey, you know where our choices really matter? In the REAL world! Let's leave that $#!+ there...

Yeah, I had to get that off my chest. I spent quite a bit of time last year trying to understand the appeal of Western RPGs...I didn't really succeed. I'll stick to the few that break from convention in order to make them fun, like Mass Effect...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred Original Mass Effect was extremely fun, aside from the somewhat wonky combat. Tons of customization, exploration, character builds actually felt significantly different, yet were all viable in their own ways...

Now it's just an action game. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'll take a wait and see approach with this. If they manage to create an extremely exploratory adventure, I might grab it one day. But every game has gotten more and more shootery, and, frankly, if I want to play a shooter, there are better options available than Mass Effect.

It sounds like maybe you're just tired of RPGs.

Edited on by Ralizah

AlexSays

I don't care one way or the other.. if its more RPG oriented I'll be happy. If it's action adventure with a lot of exploration I'll be happy.

The gameplay and the environments are what will make or break the game for me and both of those aspects are looking great so far.

I'll probably preorder just to see how it is day one and then if I don't like it I'll just go back to H:ZD and BotW.

AlexSays

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic