Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 16,083

MAB

Damn you V8_Ninja I was about to post that (shakes fist)

MAB

Aviator

My main fears about the PS4 is about something Waltz already covered (either here or DD, not quite sure).

It might be fine for Americans and Europeans, who have better internet than Aussies, but I doubt I will be able to get a lot of use out of the new social aspects. Mainly, everything that is focused around streaming games (which is quite a lot of things).

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

MAB

Don't worry mate I'm sure you will be able to use at least half of the PS4 in another 30 - 40 years tops.

MAB

Bankai

Aviator wrote:

My main fears about the PS4 is about something Waltz already covered (either here or DD, not quite sure).

It might be fine for Americans and Europeans, who have better internet than Aussies, but I doubt I will be able to get a lot of use out of the new social aspects. Mainly, everything that is focused around streaming games (which is quite a lot of things).

I suggest giving iiNet a call

Neoproteus

Once I got over the "Ooohhh... shiny" feeling and actually thought about the PS4 for a minute, I was a little disappointed. Exactly what can the PS4 do that the PS3 can't? I like the fact that it's still supporting the Move, and I really think they should focus on that. I'd even go so far as to recommend developing most first-party games for the move instead of the Dualshock 4 (or whatever they're calling it), and packaging the Move with the console. I know they won't though, and PS4 games will be the same as PS3 games, basically repeating the last generation.

Neoproteus

ThePirateCaptain

I guess I don't really understand the purpose of the touchpad on the new controller. What exactly will you use it for? I guess I could understand if it was a screen but I didn't see them say anything about it during the parts of the conference I watched.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Bankai

Neoproteus wrote:

Once I got over the "Ooohhh... shiny" feeling and actually thought about the PS4 for a minute, I was a little disappointed. Exactly what can the PS4 do that the PS3 can't? I like the fact that it's still supporting the Move, and I really think they should focus on that. I'd even go so far as to recommend developing most first-party games for the move instead of the Dualshock 4 (or whatever they're calling it), and packaging the Move with the console. I know they won't though, and PS4 games will be the same as PS3 games, basically repeating the last generation.

Cloud

Amigaengine

CapnPancakes wrote:

I guess I don't really understand the purpose of the touchpad on the new controller. What exactly will you use it for? I guess I could understand if it was a screen but I didn't see them say anything about it during the parts of the conference I watched.

Well it clicks also so I would say it will be like a touch pad for your laptop maybe ? What practical function it will have in gaming is something they will have to explain.

Amigaengine

TwilightV

@V8_Ninja: That was a million times more amusing than the actual announcement.

TwilightV

WebHead

I think the PS4 sounds awesome. Good looking games and awesome hardware. It seems to be a developer's dream.

However the problem is obviously going to be the price tag. Bare minimum $400.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jaz007

I don't really like the combination of the start and select button on the dualshock 4. Start and select were used for different things before so why would it be a good idea to combine them.

Jaz007

Jani-Koblaney

The dualshock 4 just looks ugly. Also, the touchpad on the front looks pointless, either go all out or do nothing.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Midnight3DS

Don't know what I think about the slightly re-designed controller yet. I am so used to traditional PS controllers. Never touched an Xbox one, but I know a lot of people feel they near perfected the standard controller.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Midnight3DS

Gran Turismo 6 announcement trailer if you're interested....

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Jaz007

So my PS4 issue of gameinformer arrived today. inFamous Second Son looks fantastic! So it looks like have been thinking about the touchpad wrong. We have tried to think of some grand use for it, instead of thinking of it as a new multi-purpose button to further the evolution of dualshock. One way Second Son is using it is by having you put both of your thumbs on it to absorb any smoke around you to recharge your powers. This a simpler use, but will aloe for more actions in game. They will also be able to use it for other things with different motions of course. The true beauty of it is adding more inputs to the controller without clutter or over complicating things, not for grand uses like the Wii U gamepad. It's actually not hard to come up for good uses for it I'm a game if you think about this way.

Jaz007

Innit

The console is going to look like a flattened Daft Punk helmet.

Innit

RR529

Just saw a commercial for Destiny while watching WWE Monday Night Raw (surprised to see a TV commercial this far out), and PS4 was the only platform mentioned in the advertisement (maybe meaning it'll release on PS4 first, or that Sony has an advertising deal, like MS has had with COD).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic