Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,310

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

321. Posted:

I was just about to post that. Yes it's a bad thing. A dreadful thing. A deal breaker, if you will.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

322. Posted:

....ugh
Well, guess it's a good thing I never had a ps3 then.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

323. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I was just about to post that. Yes it's a bad thing. A dreadful thing. A deal breaker, if you will.

I agree that sucks, but I'm not surprised.

The PS4 uses a completely different architecture to the PS3, and so stuff made for PS3 simply won't work on the PS4. Given that the new architecture is far better to work with for development, on balance it was the right move to make.

However, when the Gaikai Cloud does streaming for PS3 games, as Sony promised, the PSN stuff will likely work that was as well.

In the mean time I am going to buy a spare PS3.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

324. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It sounds like they can use the cloud streaming service to carry over PSN purchases. But with the fact that Sony's previous PS3 games are virtually incompatible with the PS4, I do hope that their streaming service is very reliable.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

325. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This is a hundred times worse than paying Nintendo a dollar to play your old VC games on the Wii U GamePad.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

326. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Love the the new marketing campaign that Sony showed yesterday.

I loved it to except for the somg. Everytime is said "STOP!!!" I was like, "Yes, please song, just...stop."

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

327. Posted:

What how can you not like metric?

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

328. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you already have a PS3 than why is this a deal breaker? How is it worse than no disk backwards capability? Aren't they equally bad?

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

329. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

However, when the Gaikai Cloud does streaming for PS3 games, as Sony promised, the PSN stuff will likely work that was as well.

I suppose you're right, but that might take a long time. Oh well, I guess I'm skipping it anyways. I just hope I can transfer things to the PS5.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

330. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This is a hundred times worse than paying Nintendo a dollar to play your old VC games on the Wii U GamePad.

I seriously lol'd at this.

I think the success of the system comes down to the pricing. I think anything more than $400 will end Sony. They better not screw this up.

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you already have a PS3 than why is this a deal breaker? How is it worse than no disk backwards capability? Aren't they equally bad?

It sucks because these systems aren't made to last. My Wii stopped reading disks after 3 years, and I feel like my PS3 will do the same. That thing just feels like it'll malfunction any year now...

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

331. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because I expected Sony to be able to transfer my digital titles seemlessly on the PS4 and above. They obviously aren't delivering on this.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

332. Posted:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196618

Oh Sony...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

333. Posted:

Didn't we already establish that this is normal?

Why can't Metroid crawl?

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

334. Posted:

So I just heard IGN predicted that PS4 will be more powerful than the next Xbox.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

335. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I agree that sucks, but I'm not surprised.

The PS4 uses a completely different architecture to the PS3, and so stuff made for PS3 simply won't work on the PS4. Given that the new architecture is far better to work with for development, on balance it was the right move to make.

I wonder if this is why the Wii U has to have the Wii mode in order to have backwards compatibility. It seems to be an entirely separate system

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

336. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

So I just heard IGN predicted that PS4 will be more powerful than the next Xbox.

Who even cares anymore. I just want good exclusives.

Why can't Metroid crawl?

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

337. Posted:

@LordLzGlad So it's acting like two Wiis duct taped together?

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

SteveRod1992

338. Posted:

Man, so much going on here! lol I think the best thing to do is wait a year until we see what happens with all major gaming consoles. Man who know whats going to happen. Its still too early to tell, just follow what you enjoy!!!!

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

339. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@LordLzGlad So it's acting like two Wiis duct taped together?

Oh come now, don't be such a troll!

It's actually 2 and a half ;)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

340. Posted:

I suppose you're right, but that might take a long time. Oh well, I guess I'm skipping it anyways. I just hope I can transfer things to the PS5.

Unless Sony goes back to the old architecture (ie, dumps x86), then no, you won't.

I wonder if this is why the Wii U has to have the Wii mode in order to have backwards compatibility. It seems to be an entirely separate system

If Nintendo went to an x86 architecture, you'd likely lose all of your VC content. It's a different technology world entirely.

Of course that would be offset by having a console that developers actually want to work on. As opposed to the Wii U.

Developers like x86, see.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196618

Oh Sony...

I don't think GoNintendo employs finance journalists, somehow.

Some kid's seen the little line on the graph and completely misunderstood what it actually means.

(means nothing, BTW. There's always uncertainty after a major product announcement)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)