Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,361 to 12,380 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy Sounds good to me. I still have to finish Control, which I will go back to once I'm done with Death Stranding. But then I'll make sure to pick up Fallen Order.

Octane

Dezzy

Have they said anything about how well Death Stranding sold? I can imagine it doing well with the people like us who are hyper attentive to gaming stuff and care about the art and innovation of gaming. I can't imagine the less obsessive general public being that drawn in though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy It disappeared from the charts pretty quickly. Probably sold well enough, but it wasn't a top seller or anything like that. No official number AFAIK.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Hard to say how much it matters. Sony obviously consider having a wide variety of interesting games as being important to sell their platform, so they probably don't care much if games like that only sell like 2 million in total.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ninfan

Is everyone playing playstation.

Ninfan

Ninfan

I met to ask are PS4 games better than switch or xbox

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Is everyone playing playstation.

LOL, of course i am. 🤣
I play PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP games too.

Ninfan wrote:

I met to ask are PS4 games better than switch or xbox

There are some PS4 ONLY games or the games that will NOT on Nintendo Switch.
The Sims 4 is Exclusively for PS4 and Xbox One after from PC version but EA doesn't want to port The Sims 4 on Nintendo Switch.
Kingdom Hearts 3 also still NOT on Nintendo Switch yet.
PS4 Exclusive for example Ratchet & Clank was quite good PS4 game.
Also, PS4 got tons of indie games in Physical release by Limited Run Games / Eastsoftasia / etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter do you play your PS4 more than any other of your consoles . I have PS4, never bought many games for it. I was just looking at a simple list on wiki and the names of the games sound good. But maybe the game is bad. Are the games on PS4 alot better than nintendo or xbox ?😬

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I play Nintendo machines more than my PS4 Slim.
I have some PS4 games with 3 of them are my BEST PS4 games (Dragon Quest Builders 2,The Sims 4, Portal Knights)

Which games is better is depend on your preferences.
For me, cute games / cartoonish games with lesser violences and still appropriate for kids will always be my choices.
I will never care for rated Mature games, AAA Western games, realistic racing games, FIFA, NBA, shooting games, Too famous Western franchises, Dragon Ball, JRPG with too many seductive looking female characters, etc because i don't even need games like that.

I prefer not so popular games or casual games on any machines but should be good enough. Even on my PS3 / PSP, i was looking for casual / cute / cartoonish games, not looking for typical hardcore rated Mature games.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter but would you say the games on PlayStation 4 are better than switch yes/no and by a mile i mean !

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter but would you say the games on PlayStation 4 are better than switch yes/no and by a mile i mean !

Better in what ?
If in term of graphics, some of PS4 games have better graphics and fps. But there are some Switch games are better than PS4 games despite they are port from PS4.
I cannot say if PS4 games are better than Switch games because between PS4 and Switch are completely different machines.
If talking about games library, Switch is better than PS4.
But if talking about graphics and fps stability, PS4 is better than Switch (i prefer Portal Knights PS4 version than Switch version due to its 60 fps and better 3D rendering than choppy 3D textures and 30 fps on Switch version)
They are complementing each other.
But if i want to say which is better, BOTH PS4 and Switch are better than Xbox One.

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter what I mean is , like you play ratchet and clank you know that's a great game, it's got great gameplay. Are the games on switch as good as it , do PS4 AAA games out number switch AAA

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I don't play AAA games.
I don't even care with AAA games on PS4 / Switch.
Not every AAA games worthy or great to play.
Even some smaller or niche games for me are better or more interesting than AAA games.
I prefer playing Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles than Zelda BOTW despite they have similar environments but with different gameplay.
Girlie game like Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate on Switch is far more interesting for me than typical AAA Western games.
For me, the AAA games in my definition such as Dragon Quest Builders 2, The Sims 4, Dance Dance Revolution, Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS. Not that typical AAA Western games peoples played a lot.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Dezzy True. Otherwise they would never have remade Shadow of the Colossus, or allowed The Last Guardian to be developed. Gravity Rush and Tearaway come to mind as well.

Octane

link3710

@RR529 Arendelle feels like it was utterly butchered if you take a look at it from an outside perspective. First of all, you never enter Elsa's castle, yet instead, you get thrown into a random ice labyrinth that isn't visible from anywhere else on the map. One which notably is built in the same snowflake shape as Elsa's castle was shown to be made from.

Then you have the fact that you have to climb the mountain three separate times for no reason, and the paths don't quite seem to line up.

Throw in the fact that Hans shows up for only two seconds and has no voice lines, despite supposedly being the main villain of the world, and turns into an Ice monster despite not having anything to do with ice.

It's not hard to take the pieces and realize that the world was designed completely differently, cut to pieces and reassembled when Disney shut down Elsa being the main villain of the world.

Anyways, that's my hot take on why Arendelle's design just didn't work.

link3710

RR529

@link3710, I'd never heard that Elsa was supposed to be a villain (I assume consumed by darkness, and then brought back to the light after you beat her?), but it makes sense now that you mention it, what with you not being able to enter her ice palace, yet at the same time you do enter a completely seperate, darker, ice palace (which I assume was supposed to be the interior of hers when she was the villain).

I did feel that Sora and the gang felt pretty on the periphery of the world's story. Though that tends to happen when they just decide to reiterate the movie's plot for the most part, as they did with Arendelle, I felt he seemed extra distant here, and thought it may have arised from Disney not wanting Elsa & Anna to be, openly, saved by a male character, due to the film's focus on really bucking fairy tale cliches like that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

@RR529 There's no proof that Elsa being the villain is the case, but there's a large amount of things pointing to it, also including Larxene's attempts at manipulating her. But yeah, the story feels utterly thrown together at the last moment, with the scenes we saw in trailers still there but not flowing properly.

link3710

NotTelevision

I saw Elite:Dangerous on sale with the recent PS under 20 sale. Did anyone play the game? I don’t mind tedium as long as it feels worthwhile, and I like exploration games. Just curious if anyone tried it out.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic