Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,381 to 12,400 of 16,083

diwdiws

@NotTelevision do yourself a favor and play it on PC, the quality of life that keyboard shortcut brings cant be understated

diwdiws

Dezzy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake continues to look incredible. I'm really in disbelief at how well they've recreated this. You can just feel how much care they've put into it.

Also this new trailer has like 4 new character intros in it, Lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy FF7 is a game they could so easily have screwed up in the process of remaking it, but EVERYTHING looks perfect. It looks so good.

Honestly, I never realized just how much I really wanted an amazing FF game again. Memories of a decade full of XIII sequels, weird spinoffs, open world games with boy band characters, etc. just melt away when I watch these trailers.

Let's hope the final product lives up to the hype.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Man, that does actually get me kinda hyped. I'm impressed with what they've done with the cross-dressing portion so far. And that background music is pretty cool, I can't wait to see the rest of the updated themes

TuVictus

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy FF7 is a game they could so easily have screwed up in the process of remaking it, but EVERYTHING looks perfect. It looks so good.

Yep. They could've also made it look incredible (which they always do with FF games), but failed to capture that same incredible atmosphere the original had.

Everything so far suggests they've nailed it though.

My only negative impression so far is that I'm bummed it's only the Midgar section. I really would've loved if it had been the whole first continent (of which Midgar is pretty much 75% anyway), cos one of the best things I loved about this game was how interesting and varied all of the different locations were. Kalm is awesome. Chocobo Farm is awesome. Fort Condor is awesome. Junon is more Midgar but still awesome.

Edited on by Dezzy

RR529

Between FFVII Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Tales of Arise (and Xenoblade Chronicles DE over on Switch) this year is looking stellar for JRPGs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Posted this in the Xbox thread, but figured it's just as relevant here.

My guess in terms of pricing:
Xbox Series S - $350
PS5 - $400
Xbox Series X - $500
PS5 VR bundle - $500

Series S will be poised to challenge PS5 for somewhat more budget conscious consumers (just less powerful enough to undercut it's price), Series X will focus on the niche looking to have the most powerful console, and offering a PS5 bundle with a revised version of their current VR set (it's looking like it's going to be compatible based on rumors) could be a good way for Sony to offer a relatively inexpensive all in one VR solution to the market (with a built in library thanks to PS4 backwards compatibility), as well as differentiating their offering from MS'.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dezzy

RR529 wrote:

Between FFVII Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Tales of Arise (and Xenoblade Chronicles DE over on Switch) this year is looking stellar for JRPGs.

FF7 and Xenoblade Chronicles are probably my 2 favourite games of all time, so yeah it's quite the year. I also like the Tales series, so will definitely be playing their first AAA game

Ninfan

There's a picture of the new PlayStation 5 on gamesradar+, it looks nice. They said Sony will announce it during february and release during summer

Ninfan

Ralizah

@Ninfan To be clear: nobody has actually seen what a retail model of the PS5 might look like yet. That website doesn't have an actual picture of the device.

And Sony has already stated that the PS5 is going to release during Holiday 2020. That means it'll release during Q4.

Zuljaras

@Wavey84 I am 100% physical on my PS4. And I do not regret it at all. I love physical games.

But I don't mind digital for other people. For example Castlevania Collection is only digital and there is no way to get it physical.

Also some free game son the Xbox One are digital for me like Castlevania SotN and the Backwards compatible games (the disk is only for DRM key).

redd214

@Wavey84 100% digital for me. Only physical ps4 games I buy are yearly sports games

redd214

redd214

@Wavey84 switch were 50/50 really depends on the game itself. We have multiple switches but some games (Smash, MK8D, etc) make more sense digital. I'm not a collector at all

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NotTelevision

@Wavey84 If I get a PS5 I’m curious if all the digital games will work. If it is physical you can always keep it around or sell it, but with digital games you don’t have that choice. So it’s up to you if you want to take that chance, because some of those games might be locked to that console forever.

Not the worst thing really but it’s something to consider if you want to upgrade to PS5 later.

I’m also mostly digital with only 8 boxed PS4 games at the moment.

NotTelevision

Zuljaras

@Wavey84 Actually I can't really give you advice since I am diehard physical collector. I am only digital on my PC. My consoles are 99% pure physical. If it is not physical or it is half-physical I just don't buy it

But I don't see something really wrong with having both physical and digital games. It might benefit you because sometimes you will find cheaper physical games and sometimes cheaper digital. All the benefit to you.

Ralizah

If I grab a PS4 game at release, it'll be physical. It's just easier to install from a disc as opposed to downloading it from the internet.

Considering so few of my PS4 games are purchased at launch, though, 95% of my library is digital thanks to PSN's common and steep digital sales.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter too much to me. PS4 games are just installer discs and physical DRM like you'd get on PC, and they're almost all so reliant on patches and updates that there'll not be much to really enjoy when PSN support for the PS4 is ultimately discontinued. So collecting them isn't really appealing to me like collecting Wii U, 3DS, PS2, etc. games.

Also, PS4 games almost all drop in value really quickly, so they don't even appeal on the resellability scale like Nintendo games do.

Edited on by Ralizah

NotTelevision

@Wavey84 Yeah if that’s right then it’s definitely tempting for me to just sell the PS4 and upgrade to 5 sooner rather than later. Not sure quite yet.

Like you, the PSN sales are just too good to pass up and the hard drive on PS4 is big enough to hold a lot of digital games. There are a handful of games that I bought digitally and didn’t care for. I probably would’ve already traded them in if I had the disc, but I guess it was worth it because they were so inexpensive to begin with.

NotTelevision

RR529

I played Firewall Zero Hour for the first time last night.

Despite it being a VR game I didn't have an issue finding a match (it probably helps that it's one of this month's PS+ games, and is the most prominent game of it's type on PSVR), and it's actually pretty fun.

Funny story though, even though I'm a guy I decided to go with a female avatar, and the moment I joined the lobby the other players (who had mics) started talking about how nice my "bitties" were. It was both hilarious and sad in equal measure.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

@Wavey84 Yes. And then it's reliant on that particular hard drive surviving long term.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic