Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,601 to 11,620 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

I'm going to predict the new game is a VR game, Sony's really focused on VR nowadays.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

1 year of Plus is $44.99 on Newegg w/ Code: EMCTATC43.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

EA Access is coming to PS4 in July.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano that's great news!! Will finally be able to get back to the Mass Effect trilogy (hopefully) and my kids can muck around with the sports games. Definitely going to sub for at least a couple months!

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 Unless EA decides to start porting their last generation games onto the PS4 just to make them available for EA Access, I don't see anything like Mass Effect Trilogy, Mirror's Edge or anything else from the PS3/360 generation being included. It actually kind of makes the whole thing seem a little worse in the value compared to the Xbox One counterpart.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

@FragRed which is exactly why I said "hopefully". I still see value in it but I know I'm in the minority on that one. Should post it in the unpopular opinions thread lol

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 Don't worry, EA will remaster the Mass Effect Trilogy and include marvellous new ways to play... I mean, new ways to pay Romancing will now be 100% decided by loot boxes while ammo for your weapons will be bought via the micro transaction stores dotted around maps.

EA Play 2020 will also be renamed EA Pay. Demo kiosks require credit/debit cards. And come PS4, EA Access will take the naming convention far too literally as it will become a brand new way to boot up games you already own. To "access" the games, you need to buy a micro transaction.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

@FragRed lol funny. I'm not a card carrying member of the ea hate brigade though. I'm enjoyed every game I've bought from them this gen (outside of Anthem which is a certified dud). I've liked the NFS games, buy Madden every year, my kids love Battlefront 2 and PVZGW2, and who doesn't love Peggle?! Even Andromeda wasn't as bad as it was said to be to me. Hundreds of hours playing all those and haven't felt compelled to spend on micro transactions once.

Not saying I'd let Andy Wilson watch my kids lol, but I personally don't have any animosity towards EA, looking at the rest of 2019 they will get 3 maybe even 4 purchases from me.

Anthem really is a train wreck though

Edited on by redd214

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 I must admit, I don't buy too many EA games - I think the last I bought was Mirror's Edge Catalyst which although was nowhere near as good as the original, was not as bad as I was expecting to be.It's still a fairly decent title in my opinion. I do however really want the new Star Wars game to be decent, especially as it is a single player title. I would also like to see Need for Speed to go back to what made it great and not try and do something like the last game in the series.So will see how that goes.

And I wouldn't let Andy Wilson to look after my plate of food while I went to the toilet, let alone my children (if I ever had any)

redd214

@FragRed yeah I'm a sucker for NFS games, one my favorite franchises, though they have stumbled with the last couple. Hope they get back to the Hot Pursuit style as all 3 of those are bona-fide classics in my view. My kids are huge Star Wars geeks so will definitely be watching Fallen Order and hope it's good as well. If the new PVZ game is Garden Warfare 3 will definitely be buying that too, and Madden is always an easy choice.

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 PLV Garden Warfare 3 should definitely come to the Switch, it's such a perfect fit for the system, assuming it's like the last iteration. But somehow I see EA laughing at such an idea and just bring FIFA 20 instead.

I was kind of surprised that a new Need for Speed was launching this year, considering next generation isn't far away - would have thought they'd use it to launch the new systems. Didn't they launch Rivals as a PS4/Xbox One launch window game? Or was that later?

redd214

@FragRed yeah I certainly hope GW3 is switch bound too but seems doubtful unfortunately. And yes Rivals was a cross gen game and was actually pretty decent. I still play it every now and then.

Even with all the talk of next gen I still think they won't be dropping until holiday 2020 so I'm sure they'll have another one by then. Racing games are always safe bets for system launches.

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 I have always assumed it was 2020 and now PS4 has officially been confirmed not to be this year, that is enough for me to believe it will be holiday next year. It never made sense to be any sooner. I am sure EA has one or two big titles in the works for the new systems, hopefully something other than live service games. I am more of a single player gamer myself.

I bought Rivals when it was on sale a few years back and it was a decent game as you said. So EA definitely has something to use as a foundation for their new game, though I have a feeling they are going to try what they did with the last game again. It's a bit like Sega with 3D Sonic I feel. They conniver leave a good working formula alone and have to try mixing it up with each new release resulting in such a mixed bag in terms of quality.

CanisWolfred

I still maintain that EA has only published 3 worthwhile games this generation so far (Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and Unraveled 1 & 2. A case could potentially be made for A Way Out, which might be good if you like coop games. I don't, and it doesn't look any different compared to other ones I've seen), all of which tend to go on sale frequently for a total cost that's lower than a 1-year subscription of EA Access.

Then again, I'm also of the opinion that subscription services like EA Access are a waste of money in general - if the games are disposable enough that I'd only want to have access to them for a limited time, then they aren't worth the time investment, let alone the money. An argument could be be made that it'll save you money over time, especially when EA's games are just vectors for microtransactions, but...yeah, no, they're not the time or money. Just buy better games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@FragRed oh I definitely hear where you're coming from. I have played pretty much every NFS game since the beginning and especially recently their focus is constantly shifting. I do still have fun with them in the 20-30 hours I put it but they have certainly lost their luster since the ps2 days.

Looking forward to checking out the service myself. Burnout Paradise will be a fun game to platinum again and will see if the kids like Unravel as I always see high praise for those games. Glad it's cheap!

redd214

WebHead

Looking forward to state of play tomorrow. Hope the "new game" is ratchet and clank. Like i said Sop is what we got till its time to properly reveal PS5.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Dezzy

Oooo there are rumours, from fairly reliable sources, that Square Enix is gonna be showing something tomorrow that "was announced a long time ago".

Please be FF7.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@FragRed What was better about the original versus Catalyst? I LOVED Catalyst, but haven't yet played the OG (I have the really nice looking X1X enhanced original - it looks almost exactly as good as Catalyst, visually, but I haven't played it yet!)

@Octane You know what I hate about PSVR? My lenses are ALWAYS filthy. I put it on and there's already a sheen of oil blurring my vision. I take it off, wipe it down, put it back on, bam, my eyelashes already smeared a new sheen of oil on the lenses. It's annoying as heck. That and the fact that it constantly gives me "out of range" type issues where the camera just loses the visor or controller for unknown reasons...but the oil thing...that's infuriating. If I keep it farther from my eyes, there's still too much ambient llight let in, plus I just see the eyeholes rather than feeling immersed.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred If subscriptions worked like music where it gives you access to a far greater catalog then you could every feasibly afford to buy, ever, it would be fine. Music streaming services are up to, what, 65+ million tracks? No way I could ever buy all those CDs and have a library of that size....so subscribing gives me access to a lot of stuff I'd otherwise never be able to access. If there was a rental service that granted access to the entire PS3+PS4 library, it would make sense. As it is, I have 2 more years out of 3 for MS Game Pass that's infinitely better than EA Access...I bought it because it was half price last E3, but I've honestly never really used it. Anything I tried I ended up buying except Sea of Theives which I just can't get into, but figured that before I ever downloaded it. And We Happy Few that I'd never buy but was curious about.

NEStalgia

Magician

State of Play in less than 90 minutes.

The rumor mill has me moderately hyped for what might be shown.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic