Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,601 to 11,620 of 12,125

Octane

@EvilLucario I was a little more forgiving on the combat, but that was my thoughts on Gravity Rush as well. I think there was enough to like it though.

The second game promised answers to all the unanswered narrative threads from the first game. Either I missed it, or they weren't there, because I left the second game more confused than the first one. There's definitely new stuff in the second game, and if it's cheap, it's worth checking out. But the second game is a lot longer, so it felt like it dragged on for too long IMO, even more so than the first game.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

If you have twitter links on a separate line, they appear without you having to click the link:

But yeah, Sony seems to have their own form of Directs now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

I wouldnt expect last of us or death stranding or ghost of tsushima. I dont think we are hearing about those until after days gone is out. Still I'll take it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

redd214

Ohhh playstation directs! Definitely can get down with that. Hopefully it's more like Nintendos than Microsofts

redd214

WebHead

@redd214 they do say new game announcements so I expect more like Nintendo. I wouldn't expect anything major though.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

WebHead

No PS5 will not be announced.

WebHead

PikPi

Time to make predictions!
Opening: Days Gone trailer aaaaand
uhh...hmmmm

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

redd214

@WebHead I meant moreso in terms of length. Inside Xbox streams tend to be very drawn out with very little actual content imo, though the last one was relatively succinct.

redd214

Octane

Neat. I always like Nintendo's Direct format. So this is good news to me.

Octane

NEStalgia

Geeze. Let's add analog sticks! Hey, lets add motion control wands! Hey lets make a classic mini console! Hey lets make direct presentation videos! Sony does what Nintendoes. A few years later.

At least it's not awkward fake churches with confused journalists being shuffled around to a room with a celebrity musician being mic'd worse than a garage band by the company that owns nearly every major recording contract on Earth.

Either Sony's pulling out of E3 and PSX forever, or there's zero chance of a PS5 announce before the Holiday window at earliest, but probably Jan/Feb to cash in on the last of PS4 sales first.

NEStalgia

RR529

There'll probably be a spotlight on Days Gone, but I hope we see more of Everybody's Golf VR, MediEvil, and hopefully a western confirmation of Granblue Fantasy: ReLink. Hopefully some good looking VR announcements, too.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Octane

@NEStalgia People have been saying Sony should've done this sooner rather than 3 separate press conferences and their own PSX event. Now they're doing it, you're going to complain they're doing the same as Nintendo?

Nintendo doesn't have the exclusive rights to video presentations. Sony's skipping E3; so they need a way of communicating the details of their upcoming games, and this is a great solution imo.

If Nintendo ever pulls a Zelda orchestra during a live presentation, you won't hear me complain either!

Octane

WebHead

@NEStalgia this stuff is not exclusive solely for Nintendo to use. Good ideas should be followed. This idealogy is getting old.

WebHead

NEStalgia

@WebHead It's not so much about whether it's Nintendo's to use or not, it's about Playstation's pretty much life-long history of copying Nintendo from beginning to end. I mean, they needed to siphon from Nintendo just to start Playstation. I mean it's just comical how little they innovate much of anything at Playstation. Their strength has always been their content, which they've kept a unique identity for. Nintendo tries new things. Sega tried new things. Microsoft, for better or worse, tries new things. PS just kind of sits back and watches what everyone else is doing and then does one of them. They always have. Their "winning E3" strategy was, up to present "go last, and undercut the other guy" PSVR is probably the first time they've stepped out of the box ever.

For corporate it's just kind of humorous. The fanbase is gross though. For years we heard how Nintendoomed was abandoning E3, doing just videos, how important the live presser was and how Nintendo is so detached. Now Sony ditches E3 and the live presser, and suddenly it's the best idea ever they should have done years ago!

I'm still sad that E3 will be close to non-existent though. When we're all relying on Ubisoft to anchor the event, you know we're in trouble.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

I'll keep an eye on it. Medieval's the only Sony published game currently announced that I care about at the moment, so new announcements would be welcome. Not really expecting much, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

WebHead

PS5 will definitely be a big event with a conference though.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

NEStalgia

@WebHead Most likely, yeah....those big reveals need the press and the investment groups there....it's as much a business strategy presentation as a promotional one, and always delightfully derpy.

NEStalgia

redd214

Microsoft is doing an indie focused presentation the next day. Gosh how can they be so brazen in their copying the Nindies format. They should be ashamed of themselves!

/s

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 In the Twitch/Youtube chat: "Where's Halo Infinite?"

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic