Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,621 to 11,640 of 16,083

-Green-

Coming 2021. Square is not to be trusted

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

Ner, this fits perfectly with their previous statements about a big increase in income for the 2019 holiday season.
They said to investors "watch out for more information in the run-up to E3."
So this is coming out some time between November 2019-March 2020

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Genuinely surprised FF7 is making this gen. I wonder how they'll handle progression between episodes, or if each game will just start you off at square 1.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@PikPi that would be the worst rpg ever. Honestly "episodic rpg" loses my attention as fast as "lootboxes"

NEStalgia

GrailUK

I'm going to say it. I thought FFVII would look much nicer. The cutscenes look great...but the actual levels in the gameplay look boring.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

Good god, I hope FF7R launches far away from Animal Crossing or Pokemon. Don't make me make that choice. Because, when the first episode of the remake releases, I AM playing it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Cineologist

Why don't I feel more excited for this?

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)

CanisWolfred

Oh wow, good to see AWAY isn't vaporware! Seriously, I had forgotten all about it until now.

I missed the State of Play ("10 minutes" turned into a full hour before I knew it. Computer problems are never easy to deal with...), but it looks like it at least had some important info this time around instead of disappointing VR games that would've been buried at an event like PAX East. Between the Monster Hunter: World expansion and the MediEvil remake, this autumn's gonna be pretty exciting.

The FF7 trailer didn't show much, but at least it's recognizable this time around. Seriously, I couldn't even pin down the locations in previous trailers, but I can definitely say "yup, that's the opening section of Final Fantasy VII alright!" in this latest one. Too bad that's all I could really say about it, I hope the promised info in June is substantial.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

GrailUK wrote:

I'm going to say it. I thought FFVII would look much nicer. The cutscenes look great...but the actual levels in the gameplay look boring.

Did you play the original? This is only like the first 10 minutes of the game. There's a huge variety in the environments in this game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

FF VII remake?
Nah... 🙄
FF X/X-2 HD Remastered & FF XII the Zodiac Age on Nintendo Switch are Better games than FF VII remake.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@GrailUK fwiw, it looks like xiii design, which is actually fantastic. Xiii was a disaster from a pacing, storytelling, and world building perspective, but the actual gameplay was quite strong, pacing aside.

NEStalgia

MsJubilee

Anti-Matter wrote:

FF VII remake?
Nah... 🙄
FF X/X-2 HD Remastered & FF XII the Zodiac Age on Nintendo Switch are Better games than FF VII remake.

Wow. Thank you for adding to the conversation with your thought provoking comment.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Anti-Matter

@MsJubilee
I wasn't impressed with FF VII remake after i watched.
Kinda reminded me of FF XV / FF XIII.
Also, the sequels of FF VII (Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus) were not really impressive in my opinion.

And that was my honest comment, not a provoking comment.

Anti-Matter

-Green-

Wasn’t the remake like just restarted last year?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter i still think xiii had some of the best gameplay in the ff series. Honestly if viir was now like xiii it would be an improvement from the original. Vii is beloved for its story, not so much it's gameplay beyond materia being a great skill system.

Crisis core was horrendous, i agree.

NEStalgia

redd214

I thought the presentation was great but really only one game interested me and that was the smallest one Riverbond. None of the others really appeal to me personally but am glad others are excited about them! Really hope they have another big one next month!

redd214

GrailUK

@NEStalgia I'm not saying this as a fanboy insult, but if you pause it at 0.21, that background looks like it's from a PS2. The cutscenes' composition is mostly the character models filling the screen (which look gorgeous btw) which can distract you from the surroundings. Plenty of time to polish it up though so I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Actually though, I didn't really see anything that couldn't run on Switch, so barring some sort of exclusivity deal...

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic