Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,401 to 11,420 of 16,083

WebHead

State of Play was ok. Needs to be longer and less VR focused but presentation and pacing were on point. More episodes should tide us over until Sony is ready to show PS5.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

EvilLucario

Concrete Genie was my highlight. That looked pretty damn cool.

I like VR as a concept so I'm fine with the VR, but the non-VR stuff was anemic.

Very underwhelming as a whole unfortunately.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Beyond a Steel Sky is not a sequel I ever expected to see. Looks pretty cool, though. I'm not exactly hyped for it or anything, but I'm intrigued.

Also just realized that one wasn't part of the State of Play thingamabob. What a ****show that turned out to be. I'll admit that I'm not super-excited about VR stuff right now because...I don't have space to really utilize VR, tbh. But even then, none of those games looked all that interesting, IMO. Either more casual gimmicks, like Vacation Sim, or stuff that looks very familiar or underwhelming. There's been some creative use of VR already. None of these deserved the spotlight.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I really liked the format of the State of Play, but the games covered could have been more interesting (probably partially due to the fact PS4 is winding down).

I am pleased by the amount of attention given to VR (Iron Man VR was a legitimately exciting way to start off the stream, but things kinda dropped off after that). I am interested in Everybody's Golf VR as well though (it was in the VR sizzle reel), and may get Blood & Truth as well (looks like I may need to get me some Move controllers, though).

None of the regular games really caught my attention, but I still have 5 years worth of games to get caught up on, so that's not a big deal personally.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

OH HEY SHANTAE 5 IS A THING!

I missed that news, apparently, tucked under a bunch of other stuff (Apple's in the streaming biz too now, because of course). Now that is a sequel I'm hyped for.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

Plus games next month seem to be The Surge and Conan Exiles.

redd214

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

Plus games next month seem to be The Surge and Conan Exiles.

....man, at this point, I feel sorry for anyone who just started a year-long subscription in March. Heck, at this rate, I might not even renew my sub next year. I mean, I still got 12 months. Gives me time to finish whatever PS+ games I do have.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@CanisWolfred The discounts alone make it worth it for me personally. Even if there is only a handful of IGC games a year that I really enjoy those are just a bonus. Paying essentially $4-5 a month for $10-20 a month in discounts in addition to a few great games a year is still a deal imo but obviously may not be the case for everyone.

redd214

NEStalgia

PS Plus: We don't need to care, we already own you.

So, KH2, just playing through it now...I'm up to the world that never was and the first battle against one of the black coat Organization guys there (with keyblades.) He murders me in like 5 hits and I barely ding has 300 health bars at all. Any tips at all on this? It's the first difficult thing in the game other than the shadow books (except for Jafar...I despite the "in the round" battles in this series.) but it's brutal. I can't even really attack before I'm dead. And he still has nearly all his health bars left.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

PS+ is worthwhile if you invest heavily the Playstation ecosystem. Especially if you get the sub on discount.

Although given the price hike, nixing of support for PS3/Vita, and Sony recently rediscovering its inner puritan, I can't recommend that investment as strongly as I could in the past.

Just in terms of sheer value, though, they make sure you get your money's worth.

Anyways, apparently the new Sakura Wars is being developed by the team responsible for the Valkyria Chronicles games. What I've read of these games makes the similarities clear, too: they're both strategy RPGs with a heavy focus on character development and relationship building.

I haven't bought a brand new game on PS4 since Persona 5, but I could see myself nabbing this at launch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah VC in general came from people who were involved in Sakura Wars, too, which I found interesting.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Making VC a sort of spiritual successor to Sakura Wars.

Alright, that seals it: I'm diving into this series.

@Tsurii I have little interest in Bleach, but the character designs do seem pretty solid do far.

Edited on by Ralizah

WebHead

I suspect the next State of Play will primarily serve as a development update for the Sony Big 3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

NEStalgia

Seriously, guys, any KH2 veterans with advice on that first black coat battle in world that never was? I'm overleveled (54), I grinded as much as I can grind reasonably in any other area, leveled up all the forms to at least lv5 (to get lv2 of the growth abilities) (and that was a frustrating, tedious pain.)

And I go into the battle, and I still get pwned in like 5 hits. ONE time I actually had him ONE hit away from victory...because the game glitched and let me keep pummeling him without him going into his beam attacks for like 2/3 of the battle, but alas at the last blow he became invincible, then moved to the center, used the beam attacks, and that was that.

(Also, GJ Sony, where the most interesting Sony thing to talk about is a PS2 game.........#NintendoWinsE3)

NEStalgia

TuVictus

Isn't Days Gone coming out this month? Honestly can't remember what the deal with that game is

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead I think they'll stay silent on TLoU2 until PS5 reveal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

Days gone wasn't really on my radar but have looked more into it last couple weeks and it looks pretty decent. Will probably at the very least wait for reviews and a price drop but it looks solid.

Also just picked up the Astro C40 controller and wow it's a joy to use. Basically another "elite" style controller and it's a bit pricey but definitely feels worth it thus far!

redd214

Ralizah

I hate to say it, considering how generic it looks, but, gameplay-wise, Days Gone seems more fun than anything I've seen out of Sony in a while.

NEStalgia

@redd214 That's pretty slick...swappable stick positions!! That has my vote! I wonder how it compares to the Scuf Vantage? Just looking at Amazon pictures it doesn't look like the fit & finish is close to the X1 Elite...how is it in person?

Also, any input lag? I know Sony's third party controllers have been positively plagued by input lag (Hori Onyx, Razer wireless....only the Scuf seems to have done better.)

I'm not a fan of the price (at all) but since the Razers aren't coming to the US, seemingly ever, and this offers the stick in it's proper location, it could be a go at some point. Still $200 where the Elite is $150 still seems absurd at this point.

NEStalgia

Octane

@PikPi April 26. It's been like that for quite a while. It was delayed because it would've released on the same day as Anthem, Metro and Far Cry, though I'm not sure if any of them were competition in hindsight. It seems like they've been polishing the game a lot in the last few months, and it looks pretty neat. It looks a lot better than it did when it was first revealed at least.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic