Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,421 to 11,440 of 11,473

RR529

Does anyone know if you can check how many festival platforms are hidden in a mission in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus from within the mission? It tells you how many platforms a mission has on the mission select screen (so the number itself isn't a secret), but the game often jumps right into the next mission as soon as you complete the one you were playing, so you're pretty much going in blind unless you exit the mission (which takes you all the way back to the main menu) and then go in again after checking on the mission select screen.

It's not the biggest problem, but it's a tad cumbersome. Probably not the most played game around here, but I figured I'd ask anyway (and asking over on Push Square probably wouldn't be the best idea, given how the community in general, including the mods, reacts just on general articles about the series).

Edited on by RR529

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Octane

@WebHead It would be great if the new PSVR had just a single cable; everything else built in the console.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane that is one of the great things about USB 3.1 type c.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

EvilLucario

VR is certainly really cool, and I hope it takes off even further. I just hope it doesn't backfire like the Kinect focus for the Xbox One.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RR529

I'm probably just ignorant about it, but would they even need a new headset for PS5's VR? I mean with how niche VR currently still is it would make sense to make the current headset still compatible, so current owners wouldn't have to invest into more than the PS5 itself.

Don't get me wrong, a revision with less wiring would be great for people jumping into it with PS5, but they should at least have an adapter for the older model.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Octane

@WebHead Yeah, I think. I'm not up to date on the newest 3.1 stuff, I've heard the reason why the Switch cannot do HDR is because of the USB-C, but I don't know what type it uses. Hopefully that's resolved with the new USB-C.

@EvilLucario Simple solution: Don't make it mandatory.

@RR529 I think the PS5 could provide an upgrade to VR games. It could definitely increase the amount of detail you can render in a game. The bottleneck would still be the resolution though; and without a new PSVR headset, you can't resolve that issue. The games look fine, but it can be a bit grainy at times, which I think it caused by the ''low'' resolution of the headset. The current PSVR setup is a bit complicated, but as long as there are three USB ports available, I don't see why you couldn't use your old PSVR device on the PS5; assuming it's all backwards compatible with the PS4 of course.

However, assuming the VR conversion is done within the console itself this time, they could technically sell a little 2x HDMI to USB-C converter since the old conversion box may be redundant. It all depends on how it's set up of course.

That being said, I don't think they're releasing PSVR 2 alongside the PS5, so there's a chance the old one will work with the PS5 anyway.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane More important, don't do controversial things alongside it. Even if Kinect wasn't bundled with XB1, XB1 would've flopped because of the other stuff like "always online" and the used games strategy.

But of course the best outcome would be both (no controversial stuff alongside it and it being an optional side purchase).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Yeah sony please do not charge us more money and force us to get a psvr 2.

WebHead

WebHead

The source also mentioned ps5 info is out in some places. So concrete leaks should be coming soon.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Octane

''This page doesn't exist. Before we send Astro Bot on a rescue mission, check the URL or head back to playstation.com to get your bearings.''

Anyway, seems like they're doing a little livestream on Wednesday; 6am PT (3pm CET).

Octane

Buizel

Anyone know how to get the best out of PS4 Pro on a 1440p monitor?

Am I crazy for buying a Pro without a 4K TV?

Currently playing: Octopath Traveler (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Pokemon HeartGold (DS), Pokemon Platinum (DS).

Ralizah

@RR529 I don't think there is. You might want to look up a guide, as some of them are a pain and require you to jump over buildings and barriers, from what I recall.

Ralizah

RR529

@Ralizah, yeah that's a bit of a shame. I'm late enough in the game though that they've stopped introducing new maps, and since I have their layouts more or less memorized at this point I suppose I'll power through.

PikPi

I beat Kingdom Hearts 3. There's so many criticisms that can be said, but I enjoyed it. I just wish it was more... definitive, I guess. Can't say much without spoilers, but it didn't feel as satisfying as I'd hoped.

PikPi

NEStalgia

@WebHead Well isn't that just dandy.

Me: Hey, Sony, can you finally make enough KH3 limited edition PS4s?!?

Sony: PS5 Untitled

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Welp, PS5 is probably going to be a trainwreck. Jim Ryan is in charge starting in April so crossplay and backwards compatibility are probably not happening.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic