Forums

Topic: The Golden Age of RPGs

Posts 141 to 160 of 186

Electricmastro

zezhyrule wrote:

Yay for managing to post VGM youtube videos in almost every thread ever!

...Thank you?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

CanisWolfred

I highly doubt that was a compliment. At least, I really hope it's not. Spamming videos from your own Youtube channel isn't exactly worthy of praise.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

Mickeymac wrote:

I highly doubt that was a compliment. At least, I really hope it's not. Spamming videos from your own Youtube channel isn't exactly worthy of praise.

Spamming? Nah, I don't spam, I just stay on topic. >_>

Untitled

ANYWAY, rightfully ignoring that for now, who's played Okami/Okamiden?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

CanisWolfred

Electricmastro wrote:

[/div]

Untitled

And it's still shameless self-promotion, which is what I meant.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

Mickeymac wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Me branding Okami/Okamiden as an RPG-like game is an ironic thing? Well, some people find that the Zelda series has RPG-like elements too, nothing against them there.

Please do not keep bringing that up, i'm just here to talk about things that are at-all relevant to post#1. I'm aware, thank you.

Mieu-Fire

@Electricmastro i love okami havent played okamiden yet but i never thought it like a zelda game i though okami was its own type of game i loved it

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Electricmastro

mieu-fire wrote:

@Electricmastro i love okami havent played okamiden yet but i never thought it like a zelda game i though okami was its own type of game i loved it

Alot of people compare Okami to Twilight Princess, but they both have their own unique styles.

What RPG/RPG-like games have you played?

Electricmastro

OlympicCho wrote:

Really Zez? I always thought Tetris was a better RPG

Untitled

CanisWolfred

Electricmastro wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Me branding Okami/Okamiden as an RPG-like game is an ironic thing? Well, some people find that the Zelda series has RPG-like elements too, nothing against them there.

Please do not keep bringing that up, i'm just here to talk about things that are at-all relevant to post#1. I'm aware, thank you.

We're talking about staying on-topic in an RPG thread and you bring up an Action-Adventure game whose only resemblence to RPGs is that it has a few sub-quests. Yeah, that's pretty ironic.

And all I was bringing up was the truth. It's not my problem if you can't handle it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Electricmastro

Mickeymac wrote:

And all I was bringing up was the truth. It's not my problem if you can't handle it.

Ok, I meanfully admit that you were bringing up the truth.

So with that now out of the way, let's talk about...

Untitled

I've just made it past Fourside and let me tell ya, it was VERY confusing.

Electricmastro

turtlelink wrote:

Mother 3 is better.

I haven't played Mother 3 yet, but I wouldn't be surprised based on the stuff i've heard about it. I also heard it even rivals the sadness of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Electricmastro

zezhyrule wrote:

So MGS games are RPGs then?

Also, MGS4 is sad? Maybe if you look at it in the "a sad attempt" way.

Umm...did you just completely ignore Mother 3?

Go to 11:50.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS

zezhyrule

Meh. I cried in MGS3. MGS4's final cutscene kinda put me to sleep. But yay for spoiling the conclusion of one of the most story-heavy series ever. Seriously, no one watch that video.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RR529

I just beat Super Mario RPG (Wii VC) for the first time! I'd give it an 8/10.

The gameplay is nothing amazing, but it holds up just fine. While innovative for the time, the pre-rendered graphics haven't aged that well, IMO. While it had it's moments, it wasn't as humorous as newer Mario RPGs. I loved all the Easter eggs, and Geno & Mallow were nice additions.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.