3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

MANGO

Geonjaha

zezhyrule wrote:

lol eternal sonata

maybe he is trolling

Maybe his opinion is different to yours.
Reception for the game was good - so he cant be the only one.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

zezhyrule

Geonjaha wrote:

Maybe his opinion is different to yours.
Reception for the game was good - so he cant be the only one.

I'm not sure who you are or why you're defending him but citing ES as an example of one of the greatest RPGs of the generation... I really don't see it.
then again he did put ToGf at the top — makes me wonder how many new RPGs he's played in the past 6 years

What I can't believe is that FFXIII's metascore is only 3 points higher. Something isn't right here.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Bankai

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Now I'm not sure if mieu-fire is trolling or not.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

call me what you want i dont like wrpg everyone i tried i hated it it was boring
im a person who like jrpgs best rpg genre anime characters amazing colors anmazing characters amazing story go buy Tales of graces f or Tales of vesperia or a Tales game or final fantasy or any amazing jrpg and you say screw skryim

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

No, I really wouldn't. The Tales games looks like they wrap up everything I dislike in the JRPG sub-genre in one unattractive package. That doesn't mean I'm going to make half a dozen posts proclaiming the superiority of WRPGs.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Maybe not in a row, but I think I could find that many posts of you saying that...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Of me saying that I prefer WPPGs over JRPGs? Absolutely. That I've moved on from JRPGs to WRPGs? Sure. Of me out and out saying that WRPGs are superior? I challenge you to find those posts, good sir. If you can find them I'll send you a batch of my special cookies. The ingredients are secret but the deliciousness isn't.

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah, this.

If I went into a Mario thread and said "it's boring" "Mario sucks" "Go play Tetris and say screw you to Mario" a dozen or so times I would be rightfully called out for being obnoxious.

Mieu-fire is being obnoxious. The Fox is just calling him out on it.

[/div]

how am i if im saying i hate wrpg? i hate there boring i prefer jrpg thats my opinion you have yours

No, you're repeating, ad nauseum, the same statement. A statement you're unable to back up with anything but 'it's my opinion,' and therefore, a statement (and opinion) that's about as worthless as the people that claim the world is flat.

Now that would be bad enough, except no. You repeat it with such passion that you become the forum equivalent of Noober. You wouldn't know who that is because you seem to think one of the highest rating games of all time is 'boring,' but it's a very special character. Special because he's amazingly, spectacularly, mind-blowingly obnoxious.

For the record, my 'opinion,' that not all WRPGs are boring, is at least demonstrateable - a bit of research on metacritic and then a healthy dose of sensible thinking might just get you to a place where you can broaden your horizons a little.

Or not.

Geonjaha

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

Geonjaha

Bankai

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

Be honest here, you're only played five JRPGs this gen.

Mieu-Fire

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

[/div]

no i played more i just put my top five and only reason i put ar tonelico qoga there i love the game but i love the mousic i know it dont deserve that spot i think xenoblade should be higher which i should put it higher

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

This whole 'opinion' thing is silly, as not all opinions are of equal quality, and should not be treated with the same respect. I wish people would realise that.

Take for instance a guy who says the entire WRPGS genre is 'boring.' No reason, mind you, just that he personally found it boring. Not going to give his opinion as much respect as someone who can explain to me in depth why he doesnt enjoy WRPGs, but fully understands why other people might enjoy them. That's what we call a knowledgable opinion, and they're the ones that should be listened to.

Mieu-Fire

1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.eternal sonata
4.xenoblade
5.last story loving it so far
ar tonelico i ment to put 5 not 3 but i put last story instead cause so far i love it

MANGO

Bankai

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

no i played more i just put my top five and only reason i put ar tonelico qoga there i love the game but i love the mousic i know it dont deserve that spot i think xenoblade should be higher which i should put it higher

[/div]

If music were enough to get a game on your list... Uh... Where is Lost Odyssey? Nier? Disgaea 3? Legisista?

Edited on by Bankai

Mieu-Fire

but out of all rpg
1.tales of the abyss my favorite game ever
2.tales of symphonia amazing
3.final fantasy 7
4.tales of graces f
5.tales of vesperia
6.final fantasy 6
7.final fantasy 9
8.secret of mana (yes secret of mana its very fun)
9.persona 4(yes this to)
10.final fantasy 10
11.tales of legendia(most hate it but i love it amazing characters amazing story amazing music)
12.tales of innocence(yes i played it)
13.final fantasy 4
14.legend of mana
15.super mario rpg
this is a hard list to make

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Mieu-Fire

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

If music were enough to get a game on your list... Uh... Where is Lost Odyssey? Nier? Disgaea 3? Legisista?

lost odyssey is very good and disgea 3 nier was fun never played legisista

MANGO

Geonjaha

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

This whole 'opinion' thing is silly, as not all opinions are of equal quality, and should not be treated with the same respect. I wish people would realise that.

Take for instance a guy who says the entire WRPGS genre is 'boring.' No reason, mind you, just that he personally found it boring. Not going to give his opinion as much respect as someone who can explain to me in depth why he doesnt enjoy WRPGs, but fully understands why other people might enjoy them. That's what we call a knowledgable opinion, and they're the ones that should be listened to.

You're right. Not all opinions are of equal quality.
When it comes down to naming your top 5 RPG's of this decade though?
Are either of them game designers? did either study game design? Have either of them ever made a game? RPG or otherwise?
I'm sure the answer is no to all of the above.
All he did was list his top 5 RPG's. While his opinion doesnt count for much in the grand scheme of things - I think he can be excused the accusation of trolling just because someone doesnt like his list. One of them might have played every RPG ever made for all I know - but even if he has, he has a different opinion on what makes a game enjoyable - and that doesnt mean he's wrong.

Geonjaha

shingi_70

how in the hell is eternal sonata on any list.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bankai

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

You're right. Not all opinions are of equal quality.
When it comes down to naming your top 5 RPG's of this decade though?
Are either of them game designers? did either study game design? Have either of them ever made a game? RPG or otherwise?
I'm sure the answer is no to all of the above.
All he did was list his top 5 RPG's. While his opinion doesnt count for much in the grand scheme of things - I think he can be excused the accusation of trolling just because someone doesnt like his list. One of them might have played every RPG ever made for all I know - but even if he has, he has a different opinion on what makes a game enjoyable - and that doesnt mean he's wrong.

Most people here think he's trolling because he's said 'WRPGs are boring' about 10 time in 15 posts this thread, and then proceeded to back that up by claiming The Witcher 2, Skyrim ad Oblivion are all 'boring,' when people brought them up as excellent examples of the genre. Given that those are three of the highest rating games this generation, and given that many of the people rating these games are respectable critics, and given that all three games were massive commercial and user score successes, his blind insistence that an entire genre is 'boring,' is an opinion that is not only trolling, in the most obnoxious sense of the word, but also a laughable opinion.

tl;dr yes, yes he is wrong.

Electricmastro

Has anyone here played Xenoblade Chronicles?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Happy_Mask

Xenoblades awesome :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Electricmastro

Happy_Mask wrote:

Xenoblades awesome :3

I've also heard Dragon Quest X will be awesome as well. I've never played a Dragon Quest game before though, but I made a tribute of it anyway.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.