Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Golden Age of RPGs

Showing 121 to 140 of 186

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

121. Posted:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

122. Posted:

lol eternal sonata

maybe he is trolling

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

123. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

lol eternal sonata

maybe he is trolling

Maybe his opinion is different to yours.
Reception for the game was good - so he cant be the only one.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

124. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Maybe his opinion is different to yours.
Reception for the game was good - so he cant be the only one.

I'm not sure who you are or why you're defending him but citing ES as an example of one of the greatest RPGs of the generation... I really don't see it.
then again he did put ToGf at the top — makes me wonder how many new RPGs he's played in the past 6 years

What I can't believe is that FFXIII's metascore is only 3 points higher. Something isn't right here.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

125. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Now I'm not sure if mieu-fire is trolling or not.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

call me what you want i dont like wrpg everyone i tried i hated it it was boring
im a person who like jrpgs best rpg genre anime characters amazing colors anmazing characters amazing story go buy Tales of graces f or Tales of vesperia or a Tales game or final fantasy or any amazing jrpg and you say screw skryim

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

No, I really wouldn't. The Tales games looks like they wrap up everything I dislike in the JRPG sub-genre in one unattractive package. That doesn't mean I'm going to make half a dozen posts proclaiming the superiority of WRPGs.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Maybe not in a row, but I think I could find that many posts of you saying that...

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Of me saying that I prefer WPPGs over JRPGs? Absolutely. That I've moved on from JRPGs to WRPGs? Sure. Of me out and out saying that WRPGs are superior? I challenge you to find those posts, good sir. If you can find them I'll send you a batch of my special cookies. The ingredients are secret but the deliciousness isn't.

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah, this.

If I went into a Mario thread and said "it's boring" "Mario sucks" "Go play Tetris and say screw you to Mario" a dozen or so times I would be rightfully called out for being obnoxious.

Mieu-fire is being obnoxious. The Fox is just calling him out on it.

[/div]

how am i if im saying i hate wrpg? i hate there boring i prefer jrpg thats my opinion you have yours

No, you're repeating, ad nauseum, the same statement. A statement you're unable to back up with anything but 'it's my opinion,' and therefore, a statement (and opinion) that's about as worthless as the people that claim the world is flat.

Now that would be bad enough, except no. You repeat it with such passion that you become the forum equivalent of Noober. You wouldn't know who that is because you seem to think one of the highest rating games of all time is 'boring,' but it's a very special character. Special because he's amazingly, spectacularly, mind-blowingly obnoxious.

For the record, my 'opinion,' that not all WRPGs are boring, is at least demonstrateable - a bit of research on metacritic and then a healthy dose of sensible thinking might just get you to a place where you can broaden your horizons a little.

Or not.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

126. Posted:

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

127. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

Be honest here, you're only played five JRPGs this gen.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

128. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

Be honest here, you're only played five JRPGs this gen.

[/div]

no i played more i just put my top five and only reason i put ar tonelico qoga there i love the game but i love the mousic i know it dont deserve that spot i think xenoblade should be higher which i should put it higher

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

129. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

This whole 'opinion' thing is silly, as not all opinions are of equal quality, and should not be treated with the same respect. I wish people would realise that.

Take for instance a guy who says the entire WRPGS genre is 'boring.' No reason, mind you, just that he personally found it boring. Not going to give his opinion as much respect as someone who can explain to me in depth why he doesnt enjoy WRPGs, but fully understands why other people might enjoy them. That's what we call a knowledgable opinion, and they're the ones that should be listened to.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

130. Posted:

1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.eternal sonata
4.xenoblade
5.last story loving it so far
ar tonelico i ment to put 5 not 3 but i put last story instead cause so far i love it

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

131. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

Be honest here, you're only played five JRPGs this gen.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

no i played more i just put my top five and only reason i put ar tonelico qoga there i love the game but i love the mousic i know it dont deserve that spot i think xenoblade should be higher which i should put it higher

[/div]

If music were enough to get a game on your list... Uh... Where is Lost Odyssey? Nier? Disgaea 3? Legisista?

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

132. Posted:

but out of all rpg
1.tales of the abyss my favorite game ever
2.tales of symphonia amazing
3.final fantasy 7
4.tales of graces f
5.tales of vesperia
6.final fantasy 6
7.final fantasy 9
8.secret of mana (yes secret of mana its very fun)
9.persona 4(yes this to)
10.final fantasy 10
11.tales of legendia(most hate it but i love it amazing characters amazing story amazing music)
12.tales of innocence(yes i played it)
13.final fantasy 4
14.legend of mana
15.super mario rpg
this is a hard list to make

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

133. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

best rpgs this gen
1.tales of graces f
2.tales of vesperia
3.ar tonelico qoga
4..eternal sonata
5.xenoblade

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Ar tonelico Qoga? Lol. Man, I love otaku games with a passion that most western folk would think is disturbing, but Ar tonelico Qoga isn't even close to being in the top five otaku RPGs, let alone in the top five JRPGs, let alone in the top five RPGs.

Be honest here, you're only played five JRPGs this gen.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

no i played more i just put my top five and only reason i put ar tonelico qoga there i love the game but i love the mousic i know it dont deserve that spot i think xenoblade should be higher which i should put it higher

[/div]

[/div]

If music were enough to get a game on your list... Uh... Where is Lost Odyssey? Nier? Disgaea 3? Legisista?

lost odyssey is very good and disgea 3 nier was fun never played legisista

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

134. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

This whole 'opinion' thing is silly, as not all opinions are of equal quality, and should not be treated with the same respect. I wish people would realise that.

Take for instance a guy who says the entire WRPGS genre is 'boring.' No reason, mind you, just that he personally found it boring. Not going to give his opinion as much respect as someone who can explain to me in depth why he doesnt enjoy WRPGs, but fully understands why other people might enjoy them. That's what we call a knowledgable opinion, and they're the ones that should be listened to.

You're right. Not all opinions are of equal quality.
When it comes down to naming your top 5 RPG's of this decade though?
Are either of them game designers? did either study game design? Have either of them ever made a game? RPG or otherwise?
I'm sure the answer is no to all of the above.
All he did was list his top 5 RPG's. While his opinion doesnt count for much in the grand scheme of things - I think he can be excused the accusation of trolling just because someone doesnt like his list. One of them might have played every RPG ever made for all I know - but even if he has, he has a different opinion on what makes a game enjoyable - and that doesnt mean he's wrong.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

135. Posted:

how in the hell is eternal sonata on any list.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

136. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I'm only defending him because titles such as 'greatest RPG of the generation' are always going to be assigned based on opinion. Popular opinion isnt always correct, and one persons opinion is no more valid than anothers. None of these games are perfect, least of all FFXIII - it all just comes down to what one person enjoyed more.

Dont bother with metascores to judge games though - you'd get a better idea asking a 3 year old. Metacritic assumes 5/5 = 100/100 - a fundamentally flawed system that assumes many reviewers out there regularly call games perfect...

[/div]

This whole 'opinion' thing is silly, as not all opinions are of equal quality, and should not be treated with the same respect. I wish people would realise that.

Take for instance a guy who says the entire WRPGS genre is 'boring.' No reason, mind you, just that he personally found it boring. Not going to give his opinion as much respect as someone who can explain to me in depth why he doesnt enjoy WRPGs, but fully understands why other people might enjoy them. That's what we call a knowledgable opinion, and they're the ones that should be listened to.

[/div]

You're right. Not all opinions are of equal quality.
When it comes down to naming your top 5 RPG's of this decade though?
Are either of them game designers? did either study game design? Have either of them ever made a game? RPG or otherwise?
I'm sure the answer is no to all of the above.
All he did was list his top 5 RPG's. While his opinion doesnt count for much in the grand scheme of things - I think he can be excused the accusation of trolling just because someone doesnt like his list. One of them might have played every RPG ever made for all I know - but even if he has, he has a different opinion on what makes a game enjoyable - and that doesnt mean he's wrong.

Most people here think he's trolling because he's said 'WRPGs are boring' about 10 time in 15 posts this thread, and then proceeded to back that up by claiming The Witcher 2, Skyrim ad Oblivion are all 'boring,' when people brought them up as excellent examples of the genre. Given that those are three of the highest rating games this generation, and given that many of the people rating these games are respectable critics, and given that all three games were massive commercial and user score successes, his blind insistence that an entire genre is 'boring,' is an opinion that is not only trolling, in the most obnoxious sense of the word, but also a laughable opinion.

tl;dr yes, yes he is wrong.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

137. Posted:

Has anyone here played Xenoblade Chronicles?

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, DuckTales: Remastered, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

138. Posted:

Xenoblades awesome :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

139. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Xenoblades awesome :3

I've also heard Dragon Quest X will be awesome as well. I've never played a Dragon Quest game before though, but I made a tribute of it anyway.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, DuckTales: Remastered, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

140. Posted:

Yay for managing to post VGM youtube videos in almost every thread ever!

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.