Forums

Topic: Sony Making Super Smash Bros. Clone *(Not a Rumor Anymore!)*

Posts 181 to 200 of 294

Mabbit

Can Sackboy rip off Jak's head with the Blades of Exile?
If not, this game is dead to me.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Soviet-Dictator

I will play as Kratos

"What doesn't kill you, obviously makes you weaker. Not stronger."

Malkeor

Swiket wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Well I guess Sony had to copy somebody.
Nintendo did have about a 15 year head start on the gaming business.
Can't blame Sony for trying.

It's really sad to see Sony copy Nintendo, especially since Nintendo invented crossover fighting games.

That just proves how great NIntendo is at developing games. Sony always wants a piece o' dat!

Even though it doesn't look extremely original, i'm still curious about what the final product is going to be like.

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

Eel

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Since this is confirmed and been showed off and all I wonder if this will effect Sakurai's plans for the next SSB.

As long as it doesn't encourage nintendo to rush the project.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Malkeor

Morpheel wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Since this is confirmed and been showed off and all I wonder if this will effect Sakurai's plans for the next SSB.

As long as it doesn't encourage nintendo to rush the project.

Well regardless, he already said he had some new ideas in mind.

And Nintendo wouldn't rush the project...I don't think they are exactly worried about stuff like this.
Besides they will probably be honored by this

Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

shingi_70

Thoughts so far on PSASBR

My biggest problems are

The scoring system sounds stupid. You can only kill poeple using supersede you build up. Hazards in stage as well as falling off the stage doesn't effect pok ts killing one of the funniest things about smash bros style game play.

The reveal seemed rushed and didn't get me hyper. Fat princess is cool but the killzone dude had me scratching my head. A proper first reveal should have been. Sly Cooper, kratos, jam and daxtar, rachent and clank, and drake.

I dislike the fact that thegame has just. E'en announced and the development team is already gloating how parapa is all kinds of unbalanced on purpose.

The fact that there is no real art direction for the game. Everything looks kind of off and currently what's been shown has this nasty muted color look that makes it hard to tell what's going on.

And there are things I do like

They seem to be really proud of the project and have a team that's a spin off of Sony Santa Monica and a lot of fighting game veterans.

Game is going to ha e better net code that. Brawl

I love the idea of two franchises to a stage. Seeing g the papaton fight Hades was cool.

They are actively trying to get the game at evo this year.

Two of the prominent members sot the dev team are people of color. (More of a personal thing as someone of color who wants to get into the industry)

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

theblackdragon

@shingi: you can wait until you're at a computer to tell us your thoughts on things. it's okay. i promise we'll wait until you're intelligible :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Malkeor

Mickeymac wrote:

@Malkeor

Just so we're clear, Swiket was Joking.

but it's funny to think about how Sony competes with Nintendo, so I don't regret my post

Edited on by Malkeor

Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

shingi_70

So kratos rips off sackboys arm and beats drake to death with it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Joeynator3000

Honestly, after seeing that video...this game reminds me more of that Cartoon Network fighting game. Y'know, with the whole Super Meter thing...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Malkeor

Sony_70 wrote:

So kratos rips off sackboys arm and beats drake to death with it.

Day 1 buy, i'd do that all day.

Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

TysonOfTime

From what I've seen/heard, it doesn't seem as good as SSB, so whatevs.
Anyways, a Nintendo Crossover makes sense because there are so many iconic icons
Who does Sony have that EVERYBODY knows? MAYBE Sackboy and Nathan Drake. Jak/Dexter, Sly, Ratchet & Clank and Crash seem like the best bets, but still none of them have the popularity of the majority of franchises that fight in SSB.
The existence of this game confuses me. Is it supposed to appeal to SSB fans by not being SSB? Is it trying to make a battle of the (not as) iconic franchises?
The creation of SSB makes more sense than this, but again, whatever. I won't be buying it.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

So the latest episoide of weekend confrimed has impressions of the game and how it differs from smash bros.

And at least this isn't master cheif and friends.

Edit: Kratos.

Because everyone knows who the ice climbers and pikmin is.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'm really not worried at all this is gonna fail nd fail hard putting kratos nd prapper the rapier or whatever the fluff his name is together is stupid at least with ssbb they kinda fit together where this is like a huge ugly mess of Sony trying to be better than nintendo by copying every single move they do (and still end up insulting them)

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Adam

The right stick being used for throws is just a bad idea. Aren't L2/R2 unused? I hope you can map it to be one of those + left stick direction like in Smash.

Health instead of KO, a third attack button, a tiered super akin to other SF-ish fighters, and the apparent absence of pits to fall in make it superficially different from Smash. I hope there are pits in the final game, though. I think that is one of Smash's greatest innovations, that it's not just a fighter but a platformer. Obviously this game has platforms, but it's not the same.

In response to the locked thread: I don't understand why anyone would say it is not copying Smash, and I don't understand why anyone would think this is a bad idea or somehow wrong. TMNT Smash Up copied it, and we all survived, including Pixelman, unfortunately. Nintendo has copied game ideas before, too: Balloon Fight with Joust, Earthbound with Dragon Quest, Killer Instinct with Mortal Kombat, etc. There are a million Street Fighter "clones" (to use the term loosely, as everyone else seems to); about time someone "cloned" a different kind of fighter.

I really like the idea of the stages being a mix of different properties. I wouldn't mind seeing that in Smash. I don't see this game having any effect on Smash 4, as Sakurai said he wants to do something different with this one, and, well, this game doesn't look to be doing much different. So if Smash 4 ends up being radically different, this game could be more like Melee/Brawl than Smash 4.

I just hope there are some more interesting characters revealed, with more cartoony ones than God of War types, and a lot less of the whole Fat Princess / Peach thing, though if that's the only instance of a nod to Brawl, that'd actually be kind of funny.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Malkeor

@TysonQ7
You and I don't find their entire cast memorable or iconic, but that's not true for everyone.

Also this is a good idea for Sony because having all these different characters in their games will cause people who like them in the game to check out their own starring games.
I know this has happened for Smash Bros.

Edited on by Malkeor

Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.