Forums

Topic: PS Vita TV announced. (Oyua am cry)

Posts 201 to 220 of 238

Sleepingmudkip

Jaz007 wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I am upset the way sony doing its 1 party games if you look at the list all the first party games are rated M or not rated at all(Sadly im almost 14) so i cant even get a ps4 at launch,i really hope infamous is rated T because if its not i have no interests in the ps4 and i will only get a vita if i get a ps4 so they lost 2 sales. Sony acts like all kids gone to smart phone well there is a few who did not. so in till some games i can play come out im not getting a ps4(i already have to sneak from my mom to get watch dogs on the wii u)

Not all of Sony's first party is rated M. Uncharted is rated T, imFamous: Second Son will be rated T, and there will be new T rated IPs from Sony in the PS4. Here is a quick list of PS4 games that should be rated T that aren't first party too, FFXV, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Mirror's Edge. That not including any and that are just platformers, or racing games either. I can't play rated M either and I think the PS4 is looking absolutely amazing, like the best gen yet.

thank you for the list i will show my mom gameplay of them and see if she will buy a ps4 for me and maybe i will buy a psvita for off tv play.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

@SCAR You know not every Phat PS3 could play PS2 games right?

Ya. They ended up taking out the PS2 hardware, but Other OS was still intact until the slim consoles were released.

EDIT: Big speculation: I'm thinking PS3 could of technically been able to boot into a tri-OS type format. One for PS3, one for PS2 emulation, and one for other OS.

As far as I'm aware, PS3 slim systems were still technically able to boot Other OS, yet the firmware held it back. That means PS3 had all of it's components regardless of Other OS missing, but I'm not sure if that's how it is past early release 2009 slim models.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

The Base model of the system is still available to be bought on Playasia for $150. The Bundle however is sold out.

Anyone have experience with getting consoles from another country. Would I have to get something to convert the socket/Voltage or should I be okay pre-ordering this.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

banacheck

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I don't think this will be the "salvation" of the Vita. There's no point in releasing games if the majority of consumers want the console version of the Vita. It would have to compete with the PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, PS3, 3DS, and the 360.

I didn't even know there where console version of the Vita.

banacheck

SwerdMurd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yes and now. I expect that a PC of comparable specs should be able to do similar things to what a PS3 can do. PS2 emulation is possible on more powerful PCs.

I know we're not supposed to discuss emulation, but... My intel atom, Windows XP, no-3d-card netbook can run a PS2 emulator at like 20fps. It's been accessible for quite some time now. Even the dirt-cheapest PC on the market now can run circles around PS2 emulation, especially considering its native resolution.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SCRAPPER392

@SwerdMurd
I kind of figured that. It's not like PS2 is so special that every other machine will fail at doing something similar, especially years later.

I've never emulated anything, but you seriously got to be in denial if you think Sony couldn't have gotten the PS3 to run PS2 games(based on a technical standpoint).
You cannot tell me they were able to get Other OS to work and give the PS3 access to basically an entire PS2 in itself(in first versions), but not figure out proper PS2 emulation using soley the PS3 hardware.

Now that that's settled...
I expect something like this(PS Vita TV) to do alot more than Sony says it will. That's just the way they operate, which was the entire point of me bringing up the "failure" of getting PS3 games to run PS2 games without PS2 hardware.

This thing can do more than they're letting it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

Vita TV and Vita in general could probably emulate PS2 in the same they can do PS1 games. However there isn't that much incentive too when instead of doing a PS2 classics program you can just do a PS2 remasters for $40 a piece. I do expect Sony to start a PS2 program with the PS4/Vita either through emulation download or through Gaikai.

It's a Micro console not sure why people are expecting this to compete with the other bigger more expensive consoles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

Vita TV and Vita in general could probably emulate PS2 in the same they can do PS1 games. However there isn't that much incentive too when instead of doing a PS2 classics program you can just do a PS2 remasters for $40 a piece. I do expect Sony to start a PS2 program with the PS4/Vita either through emulation download or through Gaikai.

It's a Micro console not sure why people are expecting this to compete with the other bigger more expensive consoles.

That's the sort of stuff I question when it comes to Sony. Like you said, they could get PS2 games from PSN running on it in no time.

Even making the PS2 HD remastered games compatible. Cross-playing Silent Hill HD, Jak & Dexter, etc.

I can think of at least 2 features Sony is missing between their current systems, right now.
EDIT: Or at least things they haven't specifically made clear they can do in the advertising.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

LzWinky

Sony_70 wrote:

The Base model of the system is still available to be bought on Playasia for $150. The Bundle however is sold out.

Anyone have experience with getting consoles from another country. Would I have to get something to convert the socket/Voltage or should I be okay pre-ordering this.

The plugs are the same, but the voltage is different. You'll have to see if the Vita TV's adapter is designed for 110 V plugs since Japan's plugs are supposed to be lower in voltage.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Jak and Daxter HD is on Vita. What your asking is much different than simple porting. The games are easy to port between the two but you have to rework the license deals in the case of third party games and still have the games run OK for Vita. Why do you think the Wii U Virtual Console is so sparse compared to the WIi's. (though that's mostly Nintendo fault in the way the wii emulator's work).

What two features are missing from the system?

Also as more news comes out Vita TV is making much more sense. While the microconsole won't be hitting the US/Europe (the only two PS4 contries) this year it will be going to China and South Korea in addition to Japan. This is a pretty huge move as PC regins king in both of those Market's and consoles are still developing over there in price and market share. A $100 console could clean up in developing and virgin console markets. Building the Playstation Brand in those markets could be key in bolstering other sony Markets and getting developers from those countries to develop for the system.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

SwerdMurd wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yes and now. I expect that a PC of comparable specs should be able to do similar things to what a PS3 can do. PS2 emulation is possible on more powerful PCs.

I know we're not supposed to discuss emulation, but... My intel atom, Windows XP, no-3d-card netbook can run a PS2 emulator at like 20fps. It's been accessible for quite some time now. Even the dirt-cheapest PC on the market now can run circles around PS2 emulation, especially considering its native resolution.

Thank you for adding full to a fire that's been going on for months now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
All they would have to do is have PS Store retain whatever it has on any platform you're accessing it from, and say whether it's compatible with whichever system you're trying to buy it for(on a larger, system wide scale).
There is a common code that could be made to port. I'm sure of it. I always get criticism for saying such a thing, but there has to be a way to convert a file to another common file flawlessly.
Just like MP3, AAC, MP4, WMA, etc. files usually being able to be converted from one to the other.
With devices like PS Vita, PS4, and PS3 being the most similar to each other, such a feature seems like it should exist.

As I said earlier in the thread, the PS Vita TV should be able to stream player 2's gameplay from the PS4 to the device like the GamePad does for splitscreen. The Vita should be able stream a download play version to the TV(as long as you have a memory card to hold temporary data) so that both consoles can play. I also brought up how PS3 should be able to stream a PS4 feed as well.

Granted, even if PS3's ad-hoc capabilies are not on the same level as PS4 or Vita, it would be possible to program PS3 to stream what it can, yet it doesn't as far as confirmation from Sony goes.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

@SCAR392

MP3's to software is a false equivalency, the software has to be re optimized for a different hardware configuration and OS. That's like asking why all games don't have the same level of performance on PC's regardless of hardware, or again why the Wii U just can't have the Wii's VC day one. (that's more of combonation of programming error's and greed on Nintendo's part.

Also what you said is excatly what the PSN store already does for PS Classics at least. . If the game isn't Vita comptaible it will show up in the other stores but not that of the Vita.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

banacheck
The PS Vita TV upscales to widescreen nicely & and there's plenty of games to play on it anyway 1,300 from launch.

banacheck

banacheck

I've never emulated anything, but you seriously got to be in denial if you think Sony couldn't have gotten the PS3 to run PS2 games(based on a technical standpoint).
You cannot tell me they were able to get Other OS to work and give the PS3 access to basically an entire PS2 in itself(in first versions), but not figure out proper PS2 emulation using soley the PS3 hardware.

The PS3 used a PS2-compatible chip (US and Japan) or emulation software (Europe), but for years the PS3 emulation uses it own PS3's Cell chip. The chip can intepret code coming from the PS2's Emotion Engine, leading to complete and thorough emulation of all PS2 games but that what Gaikai is for.

banacheck

LzWinky

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

If Gaikai was better implemented, then yes, but it's not.

I think it only plays PSOne, Vita games that don't use touch, and Vita indie games by default off of a PS Vita memory card.

If they plan on allowing Gaikai, too, is why I was saying I should be able to buy this and play PS4 games without actually having a PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jani-Koblaney

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Don't give in to the dark side!

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

irken004

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Vita can play compatible PS1 games and vita indies.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.