Other Gaming Forum

Topic: PS Vita TV announced. (Oyua am cry)

Showing 221 to 240 of 242

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

221. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

If Gaikai was better implemented, then yes, but it's not.

I think it only plays PSOne, Vita games that don't use touch, and Vita indie games by default off of a PS Vita memory card.

If they plan on allowing Gaikai, too, is why I was saying I should be able to buy this and play PS4 games without actually having a PS4.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

222. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

Don't give in to the dark side!

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

223. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

Vita can play compatible PS1 games and vita indies.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

224. Posted:

I don't get the point of this. why would anyone want a device that plays ps vita, psn or ps1 on tv? I can agree with ps1 but this ruins the ps vita brand because vita is a portable device. I don't understand it. Atleast in the case of Nintendo's 2DS, they atleast made it still portable and cheap.

I doubt this would help sony outsell the 3DS at all. Maybe it will help for those who can't afford a vita but not by much.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

225. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I don't get the point of this. why would anyone want a device that plays ps vita, psn or ps1 on tv? I can agree with ps1 but this ruins the ps vita brand because vita is a portable device. I don't understand it. Atleast in the case of Nintendo's 2DS, they atleast made it still portable and cheap.

I doubt this would help sony outsell the 3DS at all. Maybe it will help for those who can't afford a vita but not by much.

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

226. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

Welcome to the dark side, Iz! :D You can play most Vita games (both retail and downloadable), all compatible PS1 Classics, and all PSP games that are on the Vita's PSN Store. So for $100, you're getting a very huge library for your console.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

227. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

228. Posted:

Knux wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I might be interested in this myself. I don't want to spend $400 on a console I probably will never use (like my PS3). However $100 is much more appealing.

Just to clarify, can this thing play games I bought on my PS3? I have mostly old PS1 and indie games. (Sorry if this was answered earlier)

Welcome to the dark side, Iz! :D You can play most Vita games (both retail and downloadable), all compatible PS1 Classics, and all PSP games that are on the Vita's PSN Store. So for $100, you're getting a very huge library for your console.

What do you mean "welcome"? This will be my 3rd Sony system :D

Also, I have like $50 on my PSN account :$

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

229. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

That's not true at all. I'd Kill to have Kid Icarus Uprising Mario 3D land on my TV.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

230. Posted:

I like the idea of handheld games on TV. I think that 3DS games can work, just without the 3D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

231. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

Most games I've played were designed with sleep mode in mind since the DS/PSP era. I've played action games like Syphon Filter and Daxter that had levels just as long as their console counterparts. Freakin' Kid Icarus has levels that could last, like, 30 minutes or more. I don't think a lot of good handheld games are really designed for short sessions anymore.

And Super Mario 3D Land was meant to be more like Super Mario Land games, which had short levels and were fairly easy.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

232. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

That's not true at all. I'd Kill to have Kid Icarus Uprising Mario 3D land on my TV.

The fact that you would play Kid Icarus Uprising Mario 3D Land, is purely anecdotal and not by itself evidence of an actual trend.

Everyone would agree that optional TV play has no obvious disadvantages; the issue becomes more complex when it's elevated to console pushing status. A vintage example might be the Super Gameboy, which brought additional features and graphical flourish. It was a natural fit then, as the primitive graphics translated well in general to the big screen. Even the most beautiful 3D game on Vita (and I hate to bring in 3DS, as it would do the console a disservice) will be tested by a high resolution HD television.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

233. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Even the most beautiful 3D game on Vita (and I hate to bring in 3DS, as it would do the console a disservice) will be tested by a high resolution HD television.

I guess it depends on your tolerance for such things, and of course your TV. I personally am fine with the look of upscaled 720x480 Wii games played through the Wii U, so I don't see why upscaled 960x540 Vita games would be any worse.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

234. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

That's not true at all. I'd Kill to have Kid Icarus Uprising Mario 3D land on my TV.

The fact that you would play Kid Icarus Uprising Mario 3D Land, is purely anecdotal and not by itself evidence of an actual trend.

What evidence do you have that people don't want to play handheld games on their TVs, that isn't purely anecdotal?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

235. Posted:

I only see this as a complimentary device for those that already have a PS Vita and/or a PS4.
I don't think it holds much value by itself. It doesn't do everything a regular Vita can, and it won't do PS4 stuff without a PS4.

Unless you live under a rock, it's pretty obvious that this thing doesn't really matter at all without the other things.

Since I don't care for what Sony's doing anyway, this makes me want to keep my distance from the PS brand even moreso.

That's just my opinion.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

236. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Points to all the people clamouring for 3DS games on Wii U You really think there's no market for portable games on consoles, especially when the point of the Vita was that it had "console-quality" games on the a handheld. Plus it's cheaper than almost any other console while still having a large established set of games right off the bat.

Well look at it this way around. Handheld games are designed short so that you can put it down and do something else where as Console games are designed so you can spend hours playing. Example. Super Mario 3D land levels take about 2 minutes to complete(If you're fast enough) Play New Super Mario Bros Wii and see how hard the levels are or how hard Donkey Kong Country returns is. Its a fact that you don't want to play a handheld game on a T.V because of the game's design.

not every one spends hours playing on handhelds because of the game's design.

Most games I've played were designed with sleep mode in mind since the DS/PSP era. I've played action games like Syphon Filter and Daxter that had levels just as long as their console counterparts. Freakin' Kid Icarus has levels that could last, like, 30 minutes or more. I don't think a lot of good handheld games are really designed for short sessions anymore.

And Super Mario 3D Land was meant to be more like Super Mario Land games, which had short levels and were fairly easy.

Ok then how can you explain Dream Team? You can save anywhere you want. But in Skyward Sword, you have to find this statue to save. Imagine the process of saving in a handheld game stretching out like that. Nintendo games today are being as friendly as possible as they make the games possible to beat.

As for the tv thing, if people care so much about HD graphics we know that 3DS does not support HD graphics which is why Nintendo doesn't want to do that because it ruins the idea.

Because PS Vita already can run HD, it doesn't matter because the console itself supports HD.

Also this is a device that plays handheld games which are a different competition. And like I said earlier, Handheld games are designed a little different than Console games.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

237. Posted:

RPGs saving anywhere has been a thing for a while (Xenoblade lets you save anywhere). Action Adventure games having save points (Gravity Rush has save points) has been a thing for quite a while, too.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

238. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RPGs saving anywhere has been a thing for a while (Xenoblade lets you save anywhere). Action Adventure games having save points (Gravity Rush has save points) has been a thing for quite a while, too.

I'm assuming the latter started with the Xbox Ninja Gaiden, since that's basically the first non-RPG I remember having save points like that.

Edit: Wait, Megaman Legends had it, so this has been a thing for quite some time.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

239. Posted:

I don't know what to say about this. Because in the end its games that matter not the hardware. I can't see any game for Vita that will make me want to get the vita in the first place. But 3DS gave me lots of games that I want to get the 3DS for.

In the end its all about games and that's all I can say for this.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

240. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I don't know what to say about this.

Short memory there? 'Cause you already said plenty last week.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~