Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 921 to 940 of 990

Buizel

@6ch6ris6 The product description says GDDR5...is that maybe a type of DDR4? I'm not entirely in the loop when it comes to RAM tbh.

Currently playing: Octopath Traveler (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Pokemon HeartGold (DS), Pokemon Platinum (DS).

Buizel

To add to what @subpopz said, don't assume it can be upgraded easily. My Medion certainly doesn't seem easy to upgrade, or even open up for that matter.

Currently playing: Octopath Traveler (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Pokemon HeartGold (DS), Pokemon Platinum (DS).

subpopz

Buizel wrote:

To add to what @subpopz said, don't assume it can be upgraded easily. My Medion certainly doesn't seem easy to upgrade, or even open up for that matter.

Yeah, it really varies model to model, even among one brand name. Like some RoGs have it and some don't.
The ones I've seen with it, when removed, allows access only to the HDD, m.2 and RAM slots, nothing else is exposed at all.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

6ch6ris6

@Buizel *G*ddr is for graphics cards. the graphics card has its own seperate ram which is normally faster than the other system ram

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Buizel

@6ch6ris6 thanks... It does appear I have DDR4 RAM!

Heavyarms55

@Buizel Good to know, thanks!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Dezzy

Did any PC gamers follow this whole Diablo incident? Just watched those clips of the audience booing the devs. Lol that was brutal.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

6ch6ris6

@Dezzy yeah i downvoted every single diablo immortal video. i never even played diablo, but what activision-blizzard did is just exactly what i hate about modern gaming.

PS: yes i know i have to play diablo some day. i will. i promise

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Steam: ACAB or 6ch6ris6
waiting for a pricedrop on switch

Dezzy

@6ch6ris6

Yeah I've never played a single Diablo game but I can understand the anger.

For me it would be like if they announced that the Pocket Edition of FFXV was the only version of the game. That would make me angry.

redd214

I find the whole thing pretty childish myself. Just seems like a very immature reaction by some gamers imo. Never played Diablo either so I'm neutral on the franchise as a whole but the way people are acting you would think Blizzard stole their copy of Diablo 3 and ran over their dog lol.

redd214

subpopz

I have absolutely zero interest in playing games on my phone. The outrage is a bit over the top, but Blizzards response was also stupid - "dont you all have phones anyway?" Yes, I bought consoles and a PC so I can play games in a substandard way on my crappy phone.
Just don't get or play it.

Edited on by subpopz

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

DarthNocturnal

Apparently, on Battle.Net, they're giving away the base game Destiny 2? I got in my gifts tab.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty childish myself. Just seems like a very immature reaction by some gamers imo. Never played Diablo either so I'm neutral on the franchise as a whole but the way people are acting you would think Blizzard stole their copy of Diablo 3 and ran over their dog lol.

So how do you express extreme dislike of something without it counting as childish/immature/entitled?
These seem to be used almost synonymously whenever there's a strong negative reaction to anything in the games industry.

I'm not sure what the alternative is supposed to be. Are people supposed to never have extremely negative reactions to things? Or are they supposed to just not vocalise it when they do?
The first of those seems impossible because the potential for extreme positivity always makes extreme negativity a possibility. And the second of those seems counterproductive for everyone involved. Developers won't know why their game didn't sell.

Edited on by Dezzy

Freelance

I have no idea what you all are talking about, but if I have an extreme negative reaction to something, I pretty much just keep it to myself. I don't see any reason to tell everyone and everything about it, unless someone asks me specifically. I'd probably tell my closest friends, but in, say, a public forum or social media? Nope.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Dezzy

@Freelance

Like I said, the main reason is so people understand why you didn't buy their product. That way they can at least choose whether to correct that thing in the future.

redd214

@Dezzy I have no issue with expressing discontent. But the manner with which I have seen online about this game is what makees me describe it that way. Big difference e between saying "Hey Blizzard, longtime fan, I don't play mobile games so won't be getting this but looking forward to mainline diablo in the future" and "Blizzard you %+? (! /?) * idiots you guys are so dumb, no one wants this you monkeys, I hope you go bankrupt etc etc..."

Getting legitimately angry at a company for making a game you don't like is over the top imo. Not going to say I'm 100% innocent of doing it but to get so emotional about something as simple as games that you would threaten people as I've seen, only way to describe that is immature imo.

If it's not for you than it's not for you, I assume they're going to break the bank with Immortal regardless. I'm sure I will give it a go and my kids will probably on their tablets as well.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

DarthNocturnal

At least they didn't announce StarCraft: Dominion Force.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

You don't hype up something big, gather all the Diablo fans and announce a mobile game, and pretend like it's the future of the franchise, because 'the mobile platform is so much better for online play and bringing people together'.

''Hey guys, we're going to announce a mobile version of Diablo at Blizzcon, temper your expectations.'' ''Don't worry, we're also working on a PC version.'' ''Don't get excited for a new PC Diablo game at Blizzcon.''

But no, they went with ''DO YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES???''

I love this guy's question by the way:

Octane

redd214

@Octane after reading their blog post about it a few weeks ago it seems like they were at least attempting to temper the expectations at least imo.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433

And man what a douchey question to ask, I think the presenter handled it well enough though.

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

I don't know how people articulated their initial dislikes actually because they apparently deleted the original trailer and uploaded a new one to try and get rid of the negative reaction.
By the time I saw it, the comment section was just full of memes and mocking them for deleting comments.

redd214 wrote:

Getting legitimately angry at a company for making a game you don't like is over the top imo.

It's not getting angry for just making a game you don't like. It's get angry when a developer uses a long-running series that you've supported (and therefore funded) for decades and tries to use its name recognition (that you helped create) to appeal to a completely different audience or taste.
That's what annoys people. Developers should generally avoid doing this. It's trivially easy to start a new IP if you want to make cellphone games. If they'd just called this something other than Diablo, no-one would've cared about it at all.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic