Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,134

GrailUK

@DarthNocturnal Where is a good place to buy bits from?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@DarthNocturnal Thanks mate. I'll check em out this weekend

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DefHalan

@GrailUK If you just want to buy a computer and not worry about building
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Summer-Invite-AMD-FX-8-Daily
This might be a good choice. I may not know as much as some others here about PCs but this seems pretty good for its price (currently On Sale, might not be by this weekend)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shaneoh

No worries. It's a useful compilation of tools and tilesets, the only downside is that it's a few months behind. I should start trying to get into ASCII.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

RR529

This isn't really a PC question (and not gaming related), but I don't know where else to ask it, so here goes:

I just sideloaded Ad Blocker to my tablet, and in order for it to work it had me switch my Wi-Fi settings from Automatic to Manual (with the hostname to "localhost" & port to "2020").

While this did work, I just want to ask, do these changes make the system any less secure than it was set to Automatic? And would it mess with our gaming consoles getting online, or mess with Netflix?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jdoll

wife and i just built a rig in the last six months i mostly play fps games like killing floor and also total war by sega for rts. we went amd for cpu and graphics on this build and watercooled its pretty sick!

jdoll

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

This isn't really a PC question (and not gaming related), but I don't know where else to ask it, so here goes:

I just sideloaded Ad Blocker to my tablet, and in order for it to work it had me switch my Wi-Fi settings from Automatic to Manual (with the hostname to "localhost" & port to "2020").

While this did work, I just want to ask, do these changes make the system any less secure than it was set to Automatic? And would it mess with our gaming consoles getting online, or mess with Netflix?

For your tablet? No, assuming you're just referring to automatic vs. manual connection settings. If anything, it's more secure, if there are a number of hosts with high strengths in or around your building, it'll always be guaranteed to connect to your Wi-Fi so long as its available while your tablet is set to manual.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

anybody else here playing The Elder Scrolls Online and want to add me? @mr.zocka
i'm currently playing with my level 44 kajhiit nightblade. really addicted to this game

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

the payment model it has right now is really good and fair. you get a LOT from just the basic version. i still dont consider getting the dlc because i still have so much to do in the basic game.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

Bought Layers of Fear for $8. I hope this game is as scary as people have been making it out to be.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Check out this video of Star Citizen. This looks AMAZING. And this is a live demo.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah - I should hope it looks good! After all, it's been 4 years since they started their fundraising campaign, and by now they have enough money to fund their own space agency. Seriously, I think even NASA is jealous of their funding...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

We've acquired one of those Android powered laptops (mother got it through a lottery thing).

It has access to Google Play, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any mobile games that support keyboard control? It doesn't have a touch screen, so I just wonder how games would work.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

Princess Maker 2 Refined coming to steam Oct. 3rd.

I am excited. So excited that I flew off the handle when I saw the broken engrish intro text scroll, not realizing that they otherwise farmed out a fan-translation (possibly the one I had been following up until a few weeks ago, since that has now disappeared completely). The rest of trailer and screens they've shown are fine. This game is really ****ing good, and I also kinda hope they release one or more of the sequels (at least PM3, since that sounds like they beefed it up in a number of ways, while still retaining the awesome adventure mode that I know for a fact aren't in 4 & 5).

Oh, for the unititiated: Princess Maker is a fantasy raising sim, where you have daughter given to you by the Gods. Most of the game is based around trying to make sure she gets raised right, while glossing over a lot of tedious bits that's usually associated with parenting, and you're in fantasy Europe, so your daughter can go out and have silly adventures, like meeting a mermaid, or killing a random traveler for no reason, or becoming the best swordswoman ever and challenge the one of Gods of Olympus and/or The Demon King.

Or you could just neglect her and she could become a prostitute. Kinda depends on how you raise her. Except in the adventure part. You get to control her directly then!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

CanisWolfred wrote:

Princess Maker 2 Refined coming to steam Oct. 3rd.

I am excited. So excited that I flew off the handle when I saw the broken engrish intro text scroll, not realizing that they otherwise farmed out a fan-translation (possibly the one I had been following up until a few weeks ago, since that has now disappeared completely). The rest of trailer and screens they've shown are fine. This game is really ****ing good, and I also kinda hope they release one or more of the sequels (at least PM3, since that sounds like they beefed it up in a number of ways, while still retaining the awesome adventure mode that I know for a fact aren't in 4 & 5).

Oh, for the unititiated: Princess Maker is a fantasy raising sim, where you have daughter given to you by the Gods. Most of the game is based around trying to make sure she gets raised right, while glossing over a lot of tedious bits that's usually associated with parenting, and you're in fantasy Europe, so your daughter can go out and have silly adventures, like meeting a mermaid, or killing a random traveler for no reason, or becoming the best swordswoman ever and challenge the one of Gods of Olympus and/or The Demon King.

Or you could just neglect her and she could become a prostitute. Kinda depends on how you raise her. Except in the adventure part. You get to control her directly then!

Sounds cool but the comments in that article you linked are not inspiring confidence for me. I'll keep an eye out and wait for reviews.

Also just picked up Cossacks 3. Been looking to get back into a beefy rts...I'm enjoying it so far.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

@Ryu_Niiyama Gematsu's comment sections are guaranteed to give you cancer. Don't read them. Seriously, don't. If you're on the fence, there's an offical abandonware version - It was "almost localized" way back in 1997, and the beta has been floating around the net ever since. I honestly never even noticed it was a beta, and the "Refine" remake appears to have added a few things, but mostly just modernized it, bringing the art and sound in line with the standards of the time (same with useability, though, we're talking about DOS->Windows 98, so the steam version will still have its work cut out for it if they want modern PCs to play it without issues).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JunkosBoobies

Random, but I finally got into PC gaming nearly a year ago because I finally had a PC decent enough to run most things. Nearly 10 months later, it's not only introduced me to some good games I missed out and even one of my favorite games at the moment, Team Fortress 2, it's given me a new way to play games, and it's become my favorite way to play games. Especially shooter games, because to me I prefer using a keyboard to using a controller for shooter games. But yeah, TL;DR: I got into PC gaming somewhat recently and I love it.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

DefHalan

So, this Black Friday (25th) and Cyber Monday (28th) I am going to try to build a new PC. I am wanting something that will be powerful enough to run most games easily. (To go into specifics: Doom, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2) However I don't want to break the bank (hoping to spend around $1,000) but this will be a completely new PC build, I am not going to use anything from my current computer. So I need new Hard Drives. Case, everything. Anyone have a suggestion for parts?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic