Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,134

6ch6ris6

i downloaded the demo for Doom today and tried it. it runs horribly. even with the settings on the absolute lowest quality (everything turned off and 720p) i could barely get like 25 fps with a draw distance so tiny i can only see enemies when they are 5meters away from me. not playable that way.

is this due to my processor? i have an AMD FX 4300 with 3,8ghz and the lowest requirements for doom is a amd fx 8320. is it due to my chip being only quad core and not octa core?
other requirements are 8gb ram (which i have) and a gtx 670 with 2gb vram. i got a gtx 750 with 2gb vram.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

DarthNocturnal wrote:

The GTX 750 is weaker then the 670. And by a considerable margin.

but...but 750 is a higher number than 670...
seriously can't they name their graphics so that people can easily see which of them is better???

so you think the processor is fine for doom? is it just the graphics card that makes this game barely runable?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

@6ch6ris6 They do. That's why they use 3 digits:

The first digit implies the generation/series they're working with, while the later digits denote the rank. A higher number in the first digit will always be more powerful than an older one in the same rank, but that's not always the case when comparing hardware from different ranks.

Example: GTX 750 vs 670

I don't know much about the biz, but they always seem to put fancier stuff in higher ranks. Things like better cooling and memory bandwith, the latter of which generally seems to matter more when it comes to games, as far as I can tell. A newer series will have higher core speeds, but that seems to be the biggest difference from what I've seen. I've got a GTX 635 that I need to replace, for instance, so even a 750 would be a marked improvement. It won't future-proof me, though. I'd rather get an 880 or a 970, if I can...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

this discussion remembers me on why i didnt want to get a gaming pc for so many years. wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more complicated than just buying a freaking console...

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

CanisWolfred

6ch6ris6 wrote:

this discussion remembers me on why i didnt want to get a gaming pc for so many years. wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more complicated than just buying a freaking console...

Indeed. If it's any consolation, my GT 635 came with my computer, and it's served me fine - I have no intention of upgrading before Fall 2017 at the earliest, and I'd like to push that into 2018 if I don't start running into compatibility issues by then. You probably don't need to go overboard unless you're anal about playing on the highest settings, or play a lot of really taxing games.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

6ch6ris6

talkin about skyrim
i can not get 60fps all the time with 1080p resolution (official higher resolution texture pack) and maxed settings (besides AA on 2x or 4x). but i only get drops in cities due to many npcs i think. the loading times are very low. only a few seconds. i dont know about the loading times on consoles though

@CanisWolfred
well it seems i need to upgrade something as ia apperantly can not run doom on the lowest settings possible. which really confuses me btw. i know it is a VERY demanding game for sure but mgs5 ran so smoothly on medium settings with 60fps and 1080p.
but i honestly have no intentions of getting any modern games. the newest games i play are mgs5 and elder scrolls online. other than that i wanna play some older games from last gen that i missed because i didnt have a gaming pc back then and just the wii as a console.
if only rockstar would finally port red dead redemption to pc so i don't need to get a 360...

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

huh i just downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card and now i can actually play the game. even though on the lowest settings in 1080p wit 50% resolution
BUT with a smooth framerate and vsync

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

Overwatch is not well balanced and Blizzard seems to not be addressing the balance issues. My buddy (the one I play Starcraft with) told me not to get Overwatch because it is nothing but Bastion now, wuich is disappointing.

As someone who has put something like 50hours into the game? I really don't agree with this at all. Bastion dominated the game at launch because he's easy to play and does a lot of damage. But once more people started getting better at the game the number of people using him dropped. Because someone who knows the map or knows how to work as a team can easily counter him.

On some maps you can get behind him and take him out easily with a character like Reaper or McCree. If you have a sniper like Hanzo or Widowmaker you can take him out if you can get a clear shot. Same deal with either Pharah's or Soldier 76's rockets which both have a long range and do a lot of damage. A well placed Roadhog hook is also pretty disorientating to a Bastion. Last but not least there's Genji who can literally deflect Bastion's bullets and send them back to damage Bastion.

Seriously, Bastion isn't OP. You just need to know what you're doing

edit: and they did just release a balancing patch. It gave McCree's alternate fire a reduced amount of damage and a longer cooldown. They also reduced the power of Widowmaker's sniper fire for body-shots but not for headshots. The fact that they didn't nerf Bastion should say something about how easy he is to counter... if you don't all run at him single-file....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DefHalan

@skywake I have seen all the comments about Bastion not being OP, and overall I do agree, but the fact that I have seen some All Bastion fights because he is so easy to do well with, makes me think it might not be worth it yet. Maybe in a month I will revisit it. I once got $20 blizzard cards for $10 at Target, and I am hoping to catch that again at some point. Maybe that is why I am also hesitant to buy anything Blizzard at Full Price lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

@skywake With enough skill anyone is counter-able, maybe the community has evolved to the point where people are easily destroying Bastion. I will think about it

CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Steam Summer Sale 2016 is underway. Naturally, the servers are experiencing a heart attack at the moment.

So that's why I can't load the Steam page for Waifu Bartender...I mean VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartending Action.

...Until I hit the post button. Then it finally inhaled.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

So a group of friends want to play a MMO but we don't know which one. We don't want a subscription fee and we would prefer F2P but a small up front charge (like $30) wouldn't be bad. Mostly we want something Fantasy based and something with a good party system. Something where we can complete quest together rather than each of us individually completing quest at the same time. Does anyone have a suggestion? I know this is a lot to ask lol

Peek-a-boo

@DefHalan I have never played a MMO game in my life, but I swear by my two friends who used to be big fans of World of Warcraft.

They are currently playing a mixture of Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The latter has a monthly fee however, it is overwhelmingly more generous than World of Warcraft, and has the best 'fantasy' world going for it too.

Peek-a-boo

6ch6ris6

elder scrolls online is awesome if you like the elder scrolls lore and mmorpg gameplay. the party system was very buggy in the past but with the last patches it became much better i think and the quests are very well written and all npcs speak rather than just giving you text.
i really need to get into that game again!!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Freelance

@DefHalan Guild Wars 2 seems to be the perfect game for you then. The game is free, but the expansion includes the 'base' game and it probably the better deal although it's not free. Best to see if you like it first anyway since it's free for the most part.

Note that anyone who contributes (like, actively fighting and stuff) gains exp, so you don't actually need to form a party to play with your friends, although within a party you can see where everyone else.

P.S. No other MMO has the Charr. They're bloody awesome, particularly the males.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

GrailUK

Can anybody recommend a good gaming pc and a reliable place to buy one from? (My PC is a glorified typewriter lol!).

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic