Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 541 to 560 of 2,134

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal: I found HWMonitor and it seems to be working... now I am worried I didn't apply the thermal paste well when I first installed it over 2 years ago... Maybe that is why it seems to run hot... might have to fix that

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Therad

@DefHalan: if you haven't noticed it rymning hot before now, it night be that fan has started to slow down because of dust getting Into the fan. Changing it might be a cost-effective measure.

Therad

DefHalan

@Therad: Well, I hadn't noticed until I played Overwatch which had this performance thing while I played that told me how hot my CPU was getting

DefHalan

Well, it seems like I got my CPU heat problem taken care of. @skywake That software shows my Processor is running at a good speed.

On another note, is anyone familiar with Can You RUN It? I use that website frequently before I buy games, but I was looking at Borderlands the Pre-Sequel and I noticed this
Untitled
How can my graphics card be stronger than the recommended but still fail?

skywake

@DefHalan
The first number of an NVidia GPU is its series, the other two numbers denote the relative spec of the card in the series. So a bigger number in the first position (newer series) doesn't necessarily mean a higher performance if the other two numbers are lower. In this case your 650 (812 GFLOPS) isn't as powerful as a 560 (1088 GFLOPS).

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DefHalan

ugh... sometimes this gets more complicated than it really should be lol

EDIT: Guess I also shouldn't buy my friend's GTX 720

Edited on by DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
I made a graph of the power of each of NVidia's cards. If you want to have an idea of how fast a card is? Look at the series number down the bottom and then find the corresponding line. Hopefully it makes things clearer. So the 720 would be the Red line (_20) in the 700 series. So yeah, definitely DON'T get a 720.

Untitled

edit: I accidentally cut off the label on the left. It should read GFLOPs. It's a log scale. You can also try and work out which recent card is as powerful as an older card. For example a 950 is about as powerful as a 580 and a 730 will beat a 450.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

6ch6ris6

sorry im colour blind and still kinda new to modern pc-gaming^^
can you tell me where my 750 is?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal Well I have seen GTX970 cards for aroubd $250 I think, hopeing those come down a little more once the 1080 is out

Marakuto

@DefHalan You could probably fetch for a 1070 like I am. I've had my eyes locked on a 970 but the pricing and what the 1070 has done is what I'm definitely convinced and set for now.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

6ch6ris6

it's amazing that i am still kinda addicted to skyrim even though i finished the main story and wandered around the world for so many hours. i could play elder scrolls online, which is also a great game, but i am still so interested in the world of skyrim.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

6ch6ris6

i havent even started using mods (besides some mods for graphical improvements)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Joeynator3000

I don't post here often, but it seems like the Senran Kagura "spin-offs" are coming to PC, seems like Shinovi Versus is the only one at the moment, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

veeflames

So does anyone have tips on playing Valkyria Chronicles? I seem to be doing fine and at the same time I feel like I'm either careless or too scared to advance. In other words, I feel like I'm not playing the game just right and it's going to bite me in the butt sooner rather than later. Not to mention I'm struggling with the controls for some reason; I feel like certain actions were meant to be triggered by a particular button (and the game doesn't even have motion controls! ).
Any help would be appreciated!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

@DarthNocturnal Woah. Way more than what I was expecting... I'm only like in the second or third chapter, so I was expecting beginner's advice or something. I haven't even heard of the engineers or tanks until now lol. But thanks for the barrage of advice.. surely it would come in handy someday.
You would think a 3D version of Fire Emblem/Advance Wars would be easy to get into. Reality check: it's really not.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Xyphon22

I have a question since I don't usually play games on PC. I know Steam is famous for having huge sales all the time, but is there a way to know when certain games go on sale? I just discovered that I could get the first chapter of the new King's Quest for free, and while playing that rediscovered that I have Portal which I bought years ago when it came out. I would like to possibly get Portal 2, the other chapters of King's Quest, and maybe some other things, but knowing the kinds of sales they have and that I don't generally like playing on a computer without an actual controller, I'm not going to pay $20-$40 dollars for them (even if they might be worth it, I have far too much else to play and do to justify it).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DefHalan

Since there isn't a PC recommendation thread. Should I get Overwatch or Legacy of the Void? I play Starcraft with a buddy who has LotV so I get access to the content except single player but I haven't played through the story of Starcraft, which makes the story unimportant currently, until I play through everything. But it will give me more co-op commanders which is what I play the most.

Overwatch is not well balanced and Blizzard seems to not be addressing the balance issues. My buddy (the one I play Starcraft with) told me not to get Overwatch because it is nothing but Bastion now, wuich is disappointing. Should I get one of these games?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic