Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,921 to 9,940 of 10,031

CanisWolfred
Okay, pretty psyched for Yakuza 5 now. I mean, I was excited before, but in a "This will be nice to play at some point when I finish the 3rd and 4th games in the series."

Now it's a "I gotta rush through the 3rd and 4th games to prepare for this!" kinda game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

I got The Awakened Fate Ultimatum yesterday. I'm loving it. The story and characters are great. It's really mature (not M rated gore and cussing mature, but actually mature) with some of it's themes. It has a lot of realities of war and the fact everything will not always be alright present a lot. There are some touch choices too. Not good or evil, but to try and save everyone at a high risk to everyone involved, or save less people and probably succeed. It's not clear cut which is the right choice, one time I made a decision leaning on the former, and I wished I hadn't. I've also felt kid of emotional at times too playing it. The gameplay isn't anything to wright home about, but it's still above average. The story dominates anyway though. I don't it takes up more than a third of the game, and that's a good thing as you play the game for the story. It's only $40 too, definitely get it if you're interested.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ironically I keep hearing the opposite, but those are usually fans of Guided Fate Paradox...

I never played that one, but I doubt I would like it as much from what I know of it. Maybe that one had the gameplay take up more than a third of the game at most?

CanisWolfred

Yes. In fact, the biggest complaint with AFU is that it doesn't have enough gameplay. Considering Rogue-likes are supposed to be quicker and easier to play than your usual RPG, I feel that's a very legitimate complaint. It just misses the point of the genre to make it so story-focused...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

I beat the Awakened Fate Ultimatum. It was an amazing game. Gameplay was still nothing to write home about, but the story was amazing and very impactful. A lot of the choices had a lot of weight to them. (First spoiler doesn't say anything, but sort of implies, second is a full-on spoiler.)
I cried so much at the end of the game. By the time it was over, my eyes were too dried for actual tears to come out.

I had to choose between which of the too girls to save. I chose Ariael, then Jupiel died, and I had to kill her because she turned into a monster. I was crying during that whole thing pretty much. Man, the game is harsh. The war goes just goes on afterwards. There's no real resolution. True to life I suppose. You can't save everyone, and there isn't always a right decision to make.

Edited on by Jaz007

DefHalan

I only found two things I wanted but I never play my PS3 (my wife got it to play a certain game with her friend and she bought it for pretty cheap) so I decided it wasn't worth it to buy the few games I wanted

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

DefHalan wrote:

I only found two things I wanted but I never play my PS3 (my wife got it to play a certain game with her friend and she bought it for pretty cheap) so I decided it wasn't worth it to buy the few games I wanted

Then why not use it? Is it boxed away or something?

Edited on by Jaz007

DefHalan

Jaz007 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Then why not use it? Is it boxed away or something?

I am busy trying to catch up on my Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Android games. I don't really have time to play the PS3. I would probably make time for games like Uncharted and Last of Us but I don't own them, so only my wife plays the PS3. And no, it isn't in a box, it is hooked up for when my wife wants to play which is probably once or twice a month.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Pac-Man does not belong on a tablet. And It's 90 cents darnit!

This.

RR529

Had another go at Contra: Legacy of War today, and oh man level 2 kicked my butt...

I managed to get to that mechanical tortoise boss/miniboss, but after losing to it, I really didn't feel like trudging my way back to it, so I quit for the day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

CanisWolfred

10% is nice, but unless there's a lot of stuff you want, it's not really worth it. I might use it to shave a bit off of Dust: An Elysian Tail's price, but I can't think of anything else I want...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

10% is nice, but unless there's a lot of stuff you want, it's not really worth it. I might use it to shave a bit off of Dust: An Elysian Tail's price, but I can't think of anything else I want...

Yeah, there's nothing I was planning to get already, so it's not really enough to get excited about to get anything now.

CanisWolfred

Ape Escape and Rival Schools are the biggest omissions on the shop, seriously. I'd love the MM Legends games on PSN, though. Seriously a missed opportunity, Capcom. Like everything else you've done since 2010...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

I got inFamous 2. I'm loving it. I like having a bunch of powers at my finger tips. I love traversing the environment, and there's nothing better than taking down a chopper by launching a car at it. I do however, have a big problem with the game, Nix. I hate Nix so much. Her personality rubs me the wrong way, she's ugly, just everything about her. I also like playing inFamous on the evil side. So that impedes my enjoyment a bit, because it's hard to have as much fun wreaking havoc as I should be when it's with her, and I have to see Cole interacting with, in a positive manner no less. I swear, I want to kill her every time she call me "baby." I do like Kuo though, but since's on the good side of things, it doesn't help that much... It's a shame too because otherwise the game has a great story.

ELI-ASH

any1 here have gta v? im looking for some people to do the heist missions with. im on the second one i tryed playing with randoms but either they keep randomly leaving or they don't have mics.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic