Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 9,861 to 9,880 of 10,233

AuthorMessage

Knux

9,861. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Unless you count the HD remakes :P

Speaking of the HD remakes, those are coming to North America...

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

odd69

9,862. Posted:

Ah, maybe this link may tell us more

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-g...

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

9,863. Posted:

odd69 wrote:

Ah, maybe this link may tell us more

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-g...

WTF. why does Sony keep making me want to spend this year? ;___;
Now I wish I got KoFXIII today. :(

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,864. Posted:

I'm done with Sony. I've gone through two PlayStation 3s in two years from the same malfunction.

I'll buy another one when a price drop happens or when Sony decides to put on gold lipstick and kisses the fattest side of my *ss.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,865. Posted:

@Chrono Dang, what happened?

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

9,866. Posted:

It's not playing discs again?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

9,867. Posted:

Yeah this generation sucks as far as system life expectancy goes. My Wii stop reading disks after 3 years and I feel like my PS3 will do the same.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,868. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

It's not playing discs again?

Bingo.

Aviator wrote:

@Chrono Dang, what happened?

It's not playing discs and when I hit the system once (I used to have to do this ALL the time with my first one since the laser dewhicky that catches the game would ALWAYS get stuck), it reset my entire system and there's physically no way to play anything.

So, I'm done. I'm keeping a select few games but it's not like it matters. I have to restart so many games it's unbelievable. Again.

IAmNotWill wrote:

Yeah this generation sucks as far as system life expectancy goes. My Wii stop reading disks after 3 years and I feel like my PS3 will do the same.

I wish my PlayStation 3 would last three years.

The thing is, is that I bought this new console for myself last May since it was my birthday. It was a gift for me, for being such an amazing person. Literally a month afterwards, it starts to become loud and it eventually starts having problems.

I took such good care of this, too. I maybe took this over to a friend's house for Motorstorm parties maybe... six times since last May. Six. Times.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,869. Posted:

Did you buy it new?

If you did, just try to talk to Sony about it. You bought it last May, it's not even 10 months old yet.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,870. Posted:

Man that sucks :(

I feel lucky that none of my consoles (aside from the Gamecube) have ever failed on me. My PS3 slim has been going good since I got it at launch. Mind you, I play more games from download than off discs - the laser seems to be the most fragile piece of these consoles.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,871. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Did you buy it new?

If you did, just try to talk to Sony about it. You bought it last May, it's not even 10 months old yet.

There's no warranty and yes I did buy it new. I'm not fighting with the service staff. I'm just going to walk it off.

Bankai wrote:

Man that sucks :(

I feel lucky that none of my consoles (aside from the Gamecube) have ever failed on me. My PS3 slim has been going good since I got it at launch. Mind you, I play more games from download than off discs - the laser seems to be the most fragile piece of these consoles.

Maybe I'll do that the next time around. Since the laser is crud.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

9,872. Posted:

I haven't used my PS3 much for disc games either, I don't think. But it's amazing to find out how fast time flies by, I've already had mine for 2 years already. Doesn't even seem like it!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Splat

9,873. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Mind you, I play more games from download than off discs - the laser seems to be the most fragile piece of these consoles.

I do this as well. I try to go digital as much as possible. It's less wear and tear,quieter and just convenient. It all comes down to price but if it's the same or close for digital or disc I pretty much always go digital.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,874. Posted:

There's no warranty and yes I did buy it new. I'm not fighting with the service staff. I'm just going to walk it off.

I'm assuming you bought it from a shop here.

Don't you have laws in America around warranty? In Australia corporations are required by law to include a year's warranty with electronics purchases. Our retailers then try and sell a second year warranty as optional.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,875. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I'm assuming you bought it from a shop here.

Don't you have laws in America around warranty? In Australia corporations are required by law to include a year's warranty with electronics purchases. Our retailers then try and sell a second year warranty as optional.

I have to buy a warranty. I could see if my local GameStop still has an active warranty on it, but I doubt it.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,876. Posted:

So, I'm going to GameStop tomorrow to see if they have a warranty for my PlayStation. If they don't, then I never got a warranty in general because Sony nor GameStop provided one.

In the mean time, I'm bumming my friend's PlayStation until tomorrow. (Because I'm a bum.)

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,877. Posted:

Bum Tomb Raider when you go to GameStop.

Because it's amazing.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

9,878. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Because it's amazing.

Is the storyline bad? I've been told there's a few hiccups when immersing the player which may or break the goal of Lara's personality.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

9,879. Posted:

DON"T BUY YOUR CONSOLES FROM GAMESTOP!!! Just throwing that one out there. They only give you a true month of warranty, unless you shove more money into them. Go to Best Buy instead. ;)

My original 80GB PS3 Phat gave me a good 3000 hours of playtime before I traded it up my 320GB Slim, of which I've probably gotten at least 2000 hours of time in with so far. I had 1,200 hours in Modern Warfare 2 on that first PS3, which is where I base my estimated calculations around - not including Blu-ray and Netflix playtime. I had a second 80GB PS3 Phat that probably had about 1000 hours of gaming on it, but 5x that of Netflix and I've never had a single problem out of any of the three. I guess I've been lucky - I've just had great luck with the PS3.

I've been through 3 Vitas now, because of system malfunctions. I'm on my fourth 3DS, because of the flipping black screens. Between myself and my brother-in-law (which I used to share consoles with), we went through 5 Xbox 360s, because of the RROD. I had 4 PSPs with severe pixel burns and I absolutely wore out 4 of the original PlayStation units.

My NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Gameboys (all shapes, forms, sizes, etc., up to the 3DS), PS2, Xbox and Gamecube are all still working great. Well, the ones of them that I still have. Haha

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,880. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Because it's amazing.

Is the storyline bad? I've been told there's a few hiccups when immersing the player which may or break the goal of Lara's personality.

If there is I haven't come across it yet (I'm still early in the game). So far though, I've loved Lara's personality. Most of the time it comes off as genuine. (I wish they recorded more than 2 screams though).

Storyline is slowly getting there I feel. It has taken me approx 5ish hours to learn why I'm doing certain things. It's all a bit of nothing at the moment though, (but that's because Tomb Raider has gone all Lost on us, getting stranded on an island and what not).

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS