Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Showing 9,901 to 9,920 of 10,199

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,901. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

So. Um. That God of War Ascension game thing!

Is most disappointing game this generation!

Hooray for a complete lack of progress!

I heard that it doesn't do a lot for the series. Shame, because I really enjoyed GOW3, until the final boss that is.

And I finally got around to playing the RE6 DLC. It's heaps of fun, even though I suck terribly.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,902. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Bankai wrote:

So. Um. That God of War Ascension game thing!

Is most disappointing game this generation!

Hooray for a complete lack of progress!

I heard that it doesn't do a lot for the series. Shame, because I really enjoyed GOW3, until the final boss that is.

And I finally got around to playing the RE6 DLC. It's heaps of fun, even though I suck terribly.

It turns everything up to 11 and in the process kills any idea of decent pacing the game ever had.

Full review incoming over the next couple of days anyway.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,903. Posted:

Were you guys really expecting a huge Jump in innovation from a prequel who's biggest selling point is the new Multi-player and Co-op modes? I look at this game the same why I do Gears of War Judgment.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

9,904. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Were you guys really expecting a huge Jump in innovation from a prequel who's biggest selling point is the new Multi-player and Co-op modes? I look at this game the same why I do Gears of War Judgment.

Completely agree, where as games like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls are legitimately great efforts that are designed to give these systems one last great push before we move onto the next-gen, it's clear that both Ascension and Judgement are meant to be nothing more than late-gen cash-ins. I think I'm going to end up liking both games quite a bit but I'm surprised anybody would've expected them to be anything more than 'good' cash-ins at the absolute best.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,905. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I look at them the same, too. They're both needless sequels that are simply detrimental to their respective franchise, in my eyes.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,906. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

'We deliberately made it lame' is not a legitimate excuse.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

9,907. Posted:

I downloaded the beta for God of War: Ascension; I never actually played the demo that I downloaded for God of War: Ascension. I'm even more burned out on God of War as I am on Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda. I honestly could careless that the game even released. Sony needs to quit burning out its IPs or it's going to start losing fans.

Ni No Kuni is absolutely amazing. I stared at a blank screen for about an hour just trying to find the words to start off a review for it. How to do put that kind of greatness into words? It's dang near impossible.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,908. Posted:

Ni No Kuni looks like what I wanted HD gaming JRPGs to be. I haven't played it but I've been watching a playthrough and even than everything is as great as everyone has said.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,909. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ni No Kuni looks like what I wanted HD gaming JRPGs to be. I haven't played it but I've been watching a playthrough and even than everything is as great as everyone has said.

Yeah, it's relentlessly traditional as JRPGs go, and doesn't forget why people play these games.

It's a pity the game crashed and burned in Japan. It means we're very unlikely to get a sequel.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,910. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, it's relentlessly traditional as JRPGs go, and doesn't forget why people play these games.

It's a pity the game crashed and burned in Japan. It means we're very unlikely to get a sequel.

Yeah, that was a shame. Even the DS version didn't do great, but that's probably because of the 3DS. I'm wondering, was it just too traditional to garner attention? I also know there was a lot of talk on Japanese blogs (according to a corrospondant, at least) that it's combat was bad, which I fear might've scared some people off.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,911. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, that was a shame. Even the DS version didn't do great, but that's probably because of the 3DS. I'm wondering, was it just too traditional to garner attention? I also know there was a lot of talk on Japanese blogs (according to a corrospondant, at least) that it's combat was bad, which I fear might've scared some people off.

I don't think people get as hung up over Ghibli in Japan. It's just an animation studio that makes great films - not unlike Disney of old.

It's only when Ghibli is exported to the west does the red wine-drinking ARTTIIISSSTEESS got bat-crazy. It has... Japanese philosophy! OMFG SO PROFOUND.

In other words Ghibli stuff is guaranteed an audience in the west, but to the Japanese it's like Disney being involved in a game. Nice bonus but you're hardly going to run out ans buy a game just because Mickey Mouse is in it, as Junction Point discovered.

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

9,912. Posted:

So I got my PS3 fixed and purchased Ni No Kuni today along with the hardcover guide (cause why the heck not). Been playing for the last four hours and it is easily the best RPG I've played in a while. I'm finding it to be extremely fun and engaging, I love the art style, and the battle system with the pokemon-esque familiars is pretty fun as well.

I grabbed Final Fantasy 13-2 as well. Have about 2 hours logged into that. It's okay, nothing spectacular at the moment, but it's okay. I was hoping to get White Knight Chronicles 2, Star Ocean Last Hope International, and Tales of Graces F, but my local gamestop rarely has stuff like that in. So I'll just order them online I suppose.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,913. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

So I got my PS3 fixed and purchased Ni No Kuni today along with the hardcover guide (cause why the heck not). Been playing for the last four hours and it is easily the best RPG I've played in a while. I'm finding it to be extremely fun and engaging, I love the art style, and the battle system with the pokemon-esque familiars is pretty fun as well.

I grabbed Final Fantasy 13-2 as well. Have about 2 hours logged into that. It's okay, nothing spectacular at the moment, but it's okay. I was hoping to get White Knight Chronicles 2, Star Ocean Last Hope International, and Tales of Graces F, but my local gamestop rarely has stuff like that in. So I'll just order them online I suppose.

Good choices on the latter two. Tales of Graces f might be hard to get ahold of, but Star Ocean is online for $20.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Romeo

9,914. Posted:

i'm really not interested in sony or xbox, but i would certainly love to play the Uncharted series + Ni No Kuni

Romeo

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,915. Posted:

FFG - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Review: 57/100

NOTE: It should be noted that FFG puts a greater emphasis on a game's "moral quality" than on it's technical quality. Not that that's a bad thing (because it's not), it's just that they calculate their scores a little differently.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

9,916. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

FFG - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Review: 57/100

NOTE: It should be noted that FFG puts a greater emphasis on a game's "moral quality" than on it's technical quality. Not that that's a bad thing (because it's not), it's just that they calculate their scores a little differently.

After spending so much time on DoA I can't possibly imagine enjoying this game.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

9,917. Posted:

RE6 DLC keeps on getting better and better.

Someone buy RE6 in the sale and then we play!

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,918. Posted:

I just got double billed on PSN. Really, really angry right now.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,919. Posted:

FFG - Germinator review: 85/100

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,920. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I just got double billed on PSN. Really, really angry right now.

Nevermind, I got free money! Hurray!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~