Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 9,901 to 9,920 of 10,031

SuperWiiU

RR529 wrote:

Played some more InFamous tonight!

1. First did a "Satellite Uplinks" Side Mission.
2. A Side Mission where I had to protect a civilian on their way to a locker (ended with a good or evil decision, where you could do the good thing and take his reward offer, or the bad thing and take everything he has by force. I was good).
3. A Side Mission where I had to take a pier from a gang of bad guys.
4. A Side Mission where I had to disable surveillance equipment placed around a building.
5. A Side Mission where I had to take out an armored bus.
6. A Side Mission where I had to find a hidden package (this was the last side mission in "the Warren", so now it's 100% clear of enemies).
7. A Story Mission ending up with a big boss fight on a bridge (pretty awesome stuff).

Dear diary...

RR529

SuperWiiU wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Played some more InFamous tonight!

1. First did a "Satellite Uplinks" Side Mission.
2. A Side Mission where I had to protect a civilian on their way to a locker (ended with a good or evil decision, where you could do the good thing and take his reward offer, or the bad thing and take everything he has by force. I was good).
3. A Side Mission where I had to take a pier from a gang of bad guys.
4. A Side Mission where I had to disable surveillance equipment placed around a building.
5. A Side Mission where I had to take out an armored bus.
6. A Side Mission where I had to find a hidden package (this was the last side mission in "the Warren", so now it's 100% clear of enemies).
7. A Story Mission ending up with a big boss fight on a bridge (pretty awesome stuff).

Dear diary...

Yeah, sorry about all this, it's just that when I play a very mission oriented game like this, I tend to give my thoughts on every mission, lol (I did the same thing with Red Dead Redemption earlier in the year as well).

If it really bothers anyone though, I will stop if asked.

That said, I played a bit more this afternoon!

1. A Side Mission where I had to get a bunch of mecical crates to the ground.
2. A Story Mission where I had to diffuse bombs across the city, followed between a good & evil choice where you had to climb one building or another (if you played the game, you'll know what I'm talking about). Accidentally chose the evil route, but I doubt one bad choice will ruin my rep.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

I was able to play some more InFamous this afternoon!

1. A Side Mission where you could be good and heal a guy, or be bad & steal his Blast Shards (I did the good thing).
2. A Side Mission where I had to remove surveillance equipment from a building.
3. A Good Side Mission where I had to capture X number of bad guys alive for the police.
4. A Story Mission where I had to return power to the Historic District, which wasn't hard, just very time consuming (got a cool new power out of the deal, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

I was able to play some more InFamous tonight!

1. A Side Mission where I had to raid a First Sons hideout.
2. A Good Side Mission where I had to protect a medical bus on it's way to a clinic.
3. A Side Mission where I had to fight invisible enemies.
4. A Good Side Mission where I had to protect a group of parading civilians.
5. A Side Mission where I had to find a hidden package.
6. A Story Mission where I had to travel across all three islands(!) in order to take down a bunch of hot air balloons that were spreading toxic fumes (this was easily the most annoying mission I've played thus far. Not hard really, just very time consuming.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Storytime7

RR529 wrote:

6. A Story Mission where I had to travel across all three islands(!) in order to take down a bunch of hot air balloons that were spreading toxic fumes (this was easily the most annoying mission I've played thus far. Not hard really, just very time consuming.

Ugh. Hated that mission.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

RR529

Played some more InFamous tonight!

1. A Side Mission where I had to go after some bad guys and retrieve medical supplies.
2. A Good Side Mission where I had to escort & protect injured civilians to a clinic.
3. A Good Side Mission where I had to beat a bunch of Dustmen & First Sons who were in the middle of a turf war.
4. A Story Mission where I had to ride on (and protect) a helicopter, and destroy a bunch of cloaked satellite dishes hidden around the city.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

Beat InFamous earlier today!

Great game! It's not without it's flaws (especially Cole's "stickiness"), but it does a great job of making you feel like a total bada** (especially once you get all your powers upgraded), that just makes it all the more fun to just go running around the city. Also, the boss fights were a highlight, especially the last two.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Mikes

RR529 wrote:

Beat InFamous earlier today!

Great game! It's not without it's flaws (especially Cole's "stickiness"), but it does a great job of making you feel like a total bada** (especially once you get all your powers upgraded), that just makes it all the more fun to just go running around the city. Also, the boss fights were a highlight, especially the last two.

Nice! I've considered trying InFamous, but never got around to it. Looks pretty fun.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

RR529

Fired up InFamous last night and finished up any outstanding Side Missions I hadn't yet gotten to. Now the city is all cleaned up.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

larry_koopa

RR529 wrote:

Fired up InFamous last night and finished up any outstanding Side Missions I hadn't yet gotten to. Now the city is all cleaned up.

Nice! I only have about 20 blast shards to go myself.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

RR529

Diddy_kong wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Fired up InFamous last night and finished up any outstanding Side Missions I hadn't yet gotten to. Now the city is all cleaned up.

Nice! I only have about 20 blast shards to go myself.

Yeah, I have a lot more than that to get, but I don't think I'll bother with hunting them all down. Sure, if I fire up the game to goof off & just happen to run across some I'll nab them, but I'm not going to be all that bothered about it.

I may hunt down the last 16 Dead Drops though, just to flesh out the back story.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Jaz007

I'm thinking about getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night while it's on sale. Would anyone recomend it? How well has it aged?

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night while it's on sale. Would anyone recomend it? How well has it aged?

It's only one of the best games in existance. Why do you not have it already?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night while it's on sale. Would anyone recomend it? How well has it aged?

It's only one of the best games in existance. Why do you not have it already?

I think I'll get it then. Wasn't expecting that positive of a reaction. Now I'm looking forward to it. (Whenever I get around to it that is...)

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I don't know if you've played any other Metroidvanias, but they don't really deviate from the formula that SotN hit just right the first time. In fact, I still think SotN is the best of the Metroidvanias, if only because it's the most like Metroid, with most of the equipment you'd need being scattered around the environment, and even Health/Heart/MP? upgrades are scattered throughout the overworld, reducing the need for grindiing. Some of the weapons has secret moves you can pull off, too. In fact, the game is just brimming with personality and little touches that puts it a cut above the rest. I'm really surprised there's anybody left who needs to take the time to consider whether or not to get it, especially when its on sale. It's an absolute must for any action-adventure fan.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

So I started playing Castlevania: SotN. It's a pretty good game so far, I quite like it. The graphics have well due to the art style, the animations go a long way to making you feel like a descendant of Dracula, the combat feels good, and so far (even though I've only played it a bit) the difficulty seems to be quite fair and manageable.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

So I started playing Castlevania: SotN. It's a pretty good game so far, I quite like it. The graphics have well due to the art style, the animations go a long way to making you feel like a descendant of Dracula, the combat feels good, and so far (even though I've only played it a bit) the difficulty seems to be quite fair and manageable.

It only gets better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Fafnirchaos07

My favorite game on the ps3 was Burnout paradise had over 400 hours on that game. my next favorite was WKC till it went down, and also Soldner x 2 final prototype.. I kinda miss my ps3 but those trophies drove me nuts (spent money on games i had no interest in, just to get a higher lvl then my friends) can't do that anymore(cost way too much)

Fafnirchaos07

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3764-6565

Jaz007

I just played a bit of Lone Survivor. It's really good so far. It is a scary game. I still feel a bit creeped out. Excellent atmosphere, music, story so far. I don't have much experience with the horror genere either, so this probably get me nice and good.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RR529

Found all my old PS1 games earlier today, so I used the PS3's backwards compatibility feature to get re-acquainted with some of them. Gex 3 has aged terribly, but Contra: Legacy of War was still good fun, if a bit clunky.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic