Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

They did officially say that, @DenDen .... Along with insisting they've not started part 2 & they don't know how many parts

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@DenDen

They've already said that the game releasing in 2020 will be just the Midgar section of the game.

(about the first 1/5th of the game) expanded into a full-length game itself. So they're expanding the entire thing quite significantly, and releasing in several parts.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

@Dezzy
Then they are going to make it a lot bigger I guess..??
In the original in 3 or 4 hours you could be done with the midgar section

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

@DenDen

Yes. It will be 3 whole games at a minimum.
So they're turning a 40-50 hour story into 150-200 hours.
It will be absolutely huge when it's done, but unfortunately will take a while

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Yeah, when we have more info about just how many parts & how long it'll all take.... That's when I'll get hyped up properly! I do think what they showed looked awesome, BTW; it's just if it's going to take 10 years or more until the last part is out, I can't get very excited yet

SW-4357-9287-0699

BougieBeetle

I would wager a good amount of money that there will be no additional parts to the FFVII remake besides this first one. It just seems like such a colossal boondoggle so far. One has to wonder about the amount of resources and man hours they've sunk into this project so far, and how that will balance against revenue.

Ah, Square... all I want is turn-based, numbered Final Fantasy games. Is that so much to ask?

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

kkslider5552000

BougieBeetle wrote:

I would wager a good amount of money that there will be no additional parts to the FFVII remake besides this first one.

I'll take that bet, because there's no way that's happening lololol.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to offer some helpful advice. I've finally gotten back into FFVI and have gotten to where I can enter Kefka's tower at the end of the game. I've had a good setup that I like, but now I have to split into 3 groups and it really breaks up what I've been doing to get this far. Any advice on the best way to go or how to set up my groups? What levels I should be at or equipment or spells to have? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

BruceCM

Have you got everyone back, @Xyphon22 .... ? You can, in theory, try it with just 3 people Obviously, it's easier if you have everyone available, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Xyphon22

@BruceCM I got all the regular people back, so I have exactly 12 people. I lost the one person at the halfway point, but I got the Yeti. Apparently there is someone I don't know named Gogo or something that I haven't gotten. I've looked at GameFAQs but I've never even heard of most of the spells and equipment they suggest having, and they also say some of the people I've used are horrible and not to use them (notably Cyan), so I have clearly been doing it differently up to this point.

Xyphon22

BougieBeetle

I hate it when games force you to use characters you otherwise would have no reason to. Especially in a game like VI where there are so many to choose from, and it's easy to let your backbenchers get underleveled. In general though I'm not the biggest fan of VI.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Xyphon22

I hear you. I've tried to use everybody when I get them, but many of them just seemed entirely useless so I went back to my good group. But now I'm forced to use not just a few but everybody and it's rough. I wanted to play this because I've always heard it's between this and Chrono Trigger for best RPG ever, but this is just another place where CT is so much better.

Xyphon22

Eel

You really had to train at least 12 of them (out of 14), just enough so they don't die immediately. Or else the last dungeon was a pain.

It's really easy once you get access to the dinosaur forest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Xyphon22

Well, I don't even know what the dinosaur forest is. I do know a couple of side quests that I have not done yet, though, so I guess I can go do those to try to level some other people up. I was just really hoping to finally beat this game so I can start playing Tales of Vesperia (I don't like having more than one big game, especially RPGs, going at the same time).

Xyphon22

Eel

It's a small forested area where very strong dinosaurs appear. It kinda looks like a dinosaur head itself, if you need a tip to find it.

The brachiosaurs give stupid amounts of experience and ability points, and sometimes drop a certain rare item that you definitely want to have.

You definitely need to be prepared to take them on, but once you can manage to kill one, it's like a snowball going downhill.

If you need help finding Gogo the mime, he currently resides in a small desert. Like, literally, inside the desert. You need to find a way in.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Xyphon22

I was thinking about doing that to avoid encounters, so I think I will. And Ultima is the one that I've seen everyone talk about, but I don't think I have any Espers that teach that. At least I've never seen it. I've been doing well enough just spamming Drill with the guy that I can't remember his name, Sabin's Blitz that shoots like air boomerangs at everyone, whatever I can find the time to build Cyan's special up to (usually 4 because it attacks multiple enemies), and have Strago use the Heal Rod to heal everyone. Everyone does around 2000 damage per attack without wasting MP. Is Ultima considerably better than that?

Xyphon22

Eel

Ultima on a character with good magic, plus the soul of thamasa and the celestriad relics equiped= 19,998 damage per turn for the low low cost of 2 MP.

There's also some really good relics for strong physical attackers, that let you attack way way way more times per turn than normal.

Also, I'd recommend you go look for Sabin's old house for something nice (the one where he lived with his master and the other guy you killed early on in the game).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Xyphon22

@StableInvadeel Yep, I would say that is considerably better. I guess I should try to find those things, although I do not know what any of them are. But I guess I can look that up. Definitely not taking the time to randomly search the world, I have better things to do with my life. And unfortunately it was so long ago that I started this game I don't remember anything about where Sabin lived or even killing anybody. But again, the internet is my friend.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic