Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,675

CanisWolfred

Square-Enix released some (presumedly) new information on Final Fantasy VII Remake, detailing the story, combat system, and just showing off lots of screen shots: Link

It really is just Midgar, though they're also gonna add some content and flesh out the non-playable NPCs (which I always wanted, so yay). Actually, consudering how many times I've played through Final Fantasy VII only to stop right after leaving Midgar, I'm actually tempted to pick up the first part simply because, well.....to me, Midgar is Final Fantasy VII. To see the action scenes I'd used to compose in my head on screen in more action-oriented combat that...honestly sounds exactly like what I'd hoped they'd do with Final Fantasy after Crisis Core. Like, exactly. Yeah, I think I need to play this sooner than later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

They're adding A LOT of content if it's gonna be 2 bluray disks worth. That's pretty insane. FFXV base game fit on a single bluray. So Midgar is twice the amount of content of all FFXV.

I'm still not entirely in favour of ending at the end of Midgar, I think that's gonna lead to extending the full thing way too far. They should've set a maximum of 3 games for the entire thing. Which is gonna be quite a squeeze to fit into with Midgar being an entire game.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

FF VII remake was already Blah in my eyes after i watched from SquareEnix presentation. 😒
OMG ULTRA HD realistic graphics like that still never ever convince me. I heard the bad words also from their mouth so.... Forget that game. It just another game with FF VII as the title. 🙄

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

My feeling on the episodic nature of FFVII has changed after seeing it's 2 discs just for chapter 1. I thought they were doing Hitman-style episodic (which nearly destroyed IOI it was so bad.) Instead it sounds like they're basically going to turn FFVII into an expansive franchise/universe instead of a simple game remake and make the world and events a lot bigger. Otherwise known as "We have absolutely no good ideas after the disasters of XIII and XV, lets just take what we know sells and keep making more of that game for the next 20 years."

@Anti-Matter the original VII was always pretty dark/gritty/serious. The tech limitations of the time made it seem "cute" to a degree, but it really wasn't cute at all. It was a Blade Runner-esque city of forced human experimentation, social decay, hopelessness, and abuse by an all powerful corporate-state. This is one case where the ultra real graphics and profanity, etc, actually do fit the original intended mood of the story/world. It's what it was always trying to represent. Few games have as dreary an atmosphere as VII. Midgar is depressing enough....then you get to Nibelheim.

IX OTOH is always a fun carefree frolic. VIII is somehow in between. X....everyone loves X, but it's mostly about a dude with daddy issues. Not quite the epic story FF is known for, even if a lost civilization is peripherally involved.

@Dezzy what is the right order to play XV then?

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@Dezzy what is the right order to play XV then?

You'll need to write this down! Quite a few of these are obvious from what happens in the game, so it's not as insane as it looks, but it's worth making sure anyway.

1. Play A King's Tale (free download on PS4/Xbox)
2. Watch the Brotherhood anime (free on youtube)
3. Watch Kingsglaive.
4. Play Chapters 1-Chapter 7 of FFXV (until the point where Gladio leaves the party)
5. Play Episode Gladiolus DLC.
6. Play Chapters 8-Chapter 9 (until leaving Altissia)
7. (optional) Play Episode Ignis DLC. There are 2 different places you can play this DLC. This place is chronologically correct but contains a few spoilers for later in the game that some people prefer to avoid. I enjoy playing it most here though.
8. Play Chapters 10-Chapter 12 (until leaving Tenebrae)
9. Play Episode Prompto DLC
10. Play Chapter 13 with Noctis up until the point he rejoins the party. Upon rejoining the party, reload your last save and switch to the alternative route for Chapter 13 from save point. This contains important story info.
11. At the end of Chapter 13, watch the Ardyn prologue anime.
12. Play Episode Ardyn DLC.
13. (optional) Play Episode Ignis DLC if you didn't at the earlier point mentioned.
14. Play Comrades DLC until the closing credits (there's loads of extra content after them you can ignore for story reasons)
15. Play Chapter 14.
The End.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Eh, I'll wait to find out just how many parts & how long it'll all take, @NEStalgia .... I liked what I saw of FFVII remake but I'm not up for waiting 20 years for the other 9 parts, if it is that many
I like FFIX & X about equally, myself but then I'm looking forward to FFVIII remastered & still want to play the FFXIII trilogy, so....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NEStalgia

@BruceCM Well at least it can't possibly take as long to fully release as XV, so they're already ahead of the game

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Huh, I wouldn't bet on that, @NEStalgia ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Yeah FFXV took 2.5 years to fully release.

This will definitely take longer. I'm guessing 2.5 years between episodes. Or maybe 2 years. And then 3 episodes minimum.

They're gonna be on this for a while!

Anti-Matter

FF VIII remaster will come with voice acting for the first time ever.....!

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

How on earth will it be only 3, @Dezzy .... ? Midgar is certainly less than 1/5 th game
Have they just confirmed that, @Anti-Matter?

SW-4357-9287-0699

TuVictus

Voice acting? That'd be quite a change on its own.

TuVictus

BruceCM

Yeah, it'd just be nice to know how much ... Whole game? Just cutscenes?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

How on earth will it be only 3, @Dezzy .... ? Midgar is certainly less than 1/5 th game
Have they just confirmed that, @Anti-Matter?

By changing the relative length of each part.
They might make it 4 games, but 3 seems the best number really. 1st game til end of Midgar, 2nd game up to Aerith death, 3rd game up til end.

Anti-Matter wrote:

FF VIII remaster will come with voice acting for the first time ever.....!

I'm still skeptical they're really doing this, but it would be brilliant if they are. There's no real reason not to! It's a great way of updating an old game.

It's no longer mentioned in the source code for that page by the way. Someone must have changed it.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
If Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, etc are talking during the whole gameplay including FMVs, i mean OMG 😮😀 !!
They are talking now.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, @Anti-Matter .... Bound to be a trailer with voices before release

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Well, technically Final Fantasy XIII Versus took 12 years to fully release....................

FFVIIR is already ahead of the curve by a few years....

That said yeah I expect them to milk it. Their 30 year business plan is "We have no idea what to do with FF, we've driven it into a hole" "Hey, I know, everyone loves VII, right? Let's just sell pieces of it for $60 for the next 30 years!!"

NEStalgia

DenDen

So the game will not release in its full state you need to buy parts.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Which 1, @DenDen? We know FFVII R is releasing in parts!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic